This is a port from CDMA EVO 3D Paranoid by Lens_flare so credits for him Here, of course the base is Disarmed toaster by Agrabren, so also credits for him. This port was made for my own use, but some users asked me to publich it on a thread so they can have a place to discuss the bugs and the ROM stuff.
Note: I don´t have much free time to dedicate to this thread so please don´t expect much support or fast bug fixes.
Note: Please note that this ROM wouldn´t be possible without the great work by Lens_flare so please thanks him on his original post Here
PER-APP-COLOR, Paranoidandroid´s newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel (same that allows you to scale apps individually and choose their interface). See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.
•Chose your statusbar style, regular PhoneUI, Nexus7-PhabletUI or a combined TabletUI systembar. Choose from a variety of toggles and toggle layouts, switches, holo-buttons, toggles or icon-text-toggle rows.
•Get a ton of features on top of Cyanogenmod’s catalogue. Dabble with opacity, see-through options, eventualy colors, etc.
•Our images and graphics are made by a dedicated artist, www.krebsmilk.de
•Hybrid mode is the heart and soul of paranoidandroid. Forget tablet mode or build.prop changes! Hybrid mode will not break your phone, your apps, your market, nothing will shrink or become unusable. Entire parts of AOSP have been rewritten to make this possible, you will not get anything like it anywhere, this is the only rom on Android capable of these things.
•Hybrid mode means you can control the size and the actual layout of any app individually. Keep in mind, apps bring their own layouts, they will display according to your device. That’s why apps like gmail, settings, youtube, camera, chrome, etc., transform completely when you run them on a tablet. This rom allows you to choose whatever layout you like best, we don’t fool around with DPI, we extract the actual layouts from your apk’s and you select them with a tap. Apply and you’re done. No reboot necessary. You can target anything: apps, system components, widgets, launchers, keyboards, statusbars, lockscreen, etc.
•Finetune your workspace or apply hybrid settings to all your apps if you don’t like to set them up individually. Individual settings will still override this so you can still get the look you want.
•For ease of use you can access hybrid properties in your recents view, this will allow you to quickly review changes. Basic things like recents, toggles, etc. have been made usable across all UI modes.
I am trying a new OTA system to update the ROM automatically using this APP: https://otaupdatecenter.pro/
This OTA Updater will notify you when a new update is available and update automatically.
Yo can also download the Updates manually from my goo.im folder.
ROM statistics and info on OTA update center: https://otaupdatecenter.pro/?page=rominfo&id=1295
01/11/12: v2.52.1 this version is the same as 2.52.0 but with new base from Lens_flare to avoid problems with credits.
- *Updated base to Paranoid 2.52, thanks to Lens_flare for the apps base
- *Updated kernel to RLS12
- *Added Android 4.2 Gallery, Camera with sphere (Disable hw overlays to avoid problems) mode and Keyboard with gesture typing
- *Added Awesome Beats EQ
- *Fixed bootloops when changing UI type under Paranoid Preferences
- *Fixed root problems with superuser
- *Enabled sweep2wake by default, use kernel tuner to disable or customize
- *Some bug fixes
- Added OTA Updater for Auto-updates and Update notification (main reason for the update)
- Added Walkman music player
- Fixed DSP manager
- Fixed Paranoid Settings not changing UI correctly, was broken on last update ( be careful, it may give you a bootloop when changing user interface settings)
- Worked on data and operator detection problem.
- Fixed USB mass storage
- Fixed headsets sound output
- -Initial release
- Download the ROM : http://goo.im/devs/bihariel/BiParanoid
- Make a full wipe
- Install Rom from recovery
- Install Gapps: http://bit.ly/UZgZTh
- Reboot and enjoy
- I you have freezes on Android 4.2 camera, flash it again from here: http://tinyw.in/lpM3
- If you have problems booting the ROM:
- I recomend this combo: Hboot 1.49.0007 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1906172 + latest firmware: http://www.mediafire.com/?w1o9o1s1b5vuih2
•Paranoid web page: http://www.paranoid-rom.com/
•Complete guide to ParanoidPreferences: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1927208
•Get PA synced to your dropbox folder automatically, apply here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1820276
•Themes and other goodies you can find here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1646034
- Panorama is a bit buggy
- Important: HW video playback and graphical glitches on Camera can be fixed by disabling HW Overlays under Developer options.
- Paranoid Preferences may give you a bootloop when changing user interface settings, so be careful. You will have to reflash rom
Big thanks to Lens_flare For Paranoid apps base
Agrabren For the CM Base
Molesarecoming and the rest of the PA team
BigWillyg for the buttered Kernel