FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

mksh?

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By canpitt27, Member on 30th October 2012, 03:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since updating SuperSU, it started requesting permission to "mksh (1000)". I deny it everytime it shows. It seems to have something to do with wifi. Everytime it connects to wifi that's when it pops up.
The file mksh is in \system\bin
Any idea what mksh is?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-30-10-04-06.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1443092  
 
 
30th October 2012, 03:59 PM |#2  
IceDragon59's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 217
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by canpitt27

Since updating SuperSU, it started requesting permission to "mksh (1000)". I deny it everytime it shows. It seems to have something to do with wifi. Everytime it connects to wifi that's when it pops up.
The file mksh is in \system\bin
Any idea what mksh is?

Other people seem to be having the same problem. All I can tell you is that the file exists for me, non-rooted, in '/system/bin/'. It might have something to do with shell/command line.
The Following User Says Thank You to IceDragon59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IceDragon59 Ad-Free
30th October 2012, 04:48 PM |#3  
junkmail9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 230
 
More
This is also being discussed at length in the SuperSU thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to junkmail9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift junkmail9 Ad-Free
30th October 2012, 05:13 PM |#4  
andybones's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 13,581
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by canpitt27

Since updating SuperSU, it started requesting permission to "mksh (1000)". I deny it everytime it shows. It seems to have something to do with wifi. Everytime it connects to wifi that's when it pops up.
The file mksh is in \system\bin
Any idea what mksh is?

I took a look in my superSU app and it seems at some point I gave the mksh permissions lol, I don't remember it popping it, so I deleted it and am waiting for it to pop up again. No idea what the hell it is
30th October 2012, 11:01 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

I took a look in my superSU app and it seems at some point I gave the mksh permissions lol, I don't remember it popping it, so I deleted it and am waiting for it to pop up again. No idea what the hell it is

It happens for me when I'm connected to wifi and I either reboot or just turn wifi off and back on and let it reconnect. Happens everytime.
30th October 2012, 11:14 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
yeah, this just popped up for me as well on my evo lte, along with jackpal.androidterm, which google tells me is terminal emulator. so I'm guessing something got borked in the supersu update.
30th October 2012, 11:25 PM |#7  
andybones's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 13,581
 
Donate to Me
More
maybe, the dev may have done this on purpose to allow for my control over the device.

or it's a issue with the newest SuperSU update
6th November 2012, 03:52 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Well I finally gave up on the latest Supersu (.97). Two things started happening after updating:
1. At home I use wifi. When I would leave the house the statusbar still showed I was connected to wifi. Even 20 miles away. (It was connected to mobile, just showed wifi)
2. After rebooting, the phone would not see the ext sdcard. Rebooting again would usually fix it. This didn't happen on every reboot, maybe half of the time.

The new update started asking for permission to mksh. I tried both granting and denying and it didnt seem to make a difference either way.
These did not happen before updating supersu, and after reverting back to version .96 these problems went away. I don't know what else to blame.
6th November 2012, 05:18 AM |#9  
andybones's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 13,581
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by canpitt27

Well I finally gave up on the latest Supersu (.97). Two things started happening after updating:
1. At home I use wifi. When I would leave the house the statusbar still showed I was connected to wifi. Even 20 miles away. (It was connected to mobile, just showed wifi)
2. After rebooting, the phone would not see the ext sdcard. Rebooting again would usually fix it. This didn't happen on every reboot, maybe half of the time.

The new update started asking for permission to mksh. I tried both granting and denying and it didnt seem to make a difference either way.
These did not happen before updating supersu, and after reverting back to version .96 these problems went away. I don't know what else to blame.

weird, I have it denied, and hasn't been a problem since.
6th November 2012, 11:01 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

weird, I have it denied, and hasn't been a problem since.

I'm gonna give it another shot today and deny it right from the start.
14th November 2012, 03:10 PM |#11  
Aldo101t's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 2,095
 
More
Anyone ever figure out what this is, idenied it, might be something to do with global??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes