JellyBean Discussion / OTA Updates + Confirmed JB Updates (CHECK OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
Currently Confirmed:
Carrier: Unbranded (Taiwan, Israel, Australia)
CID: HTC__621
Software Number: 3.14.709.20
Software Number: 3.14.751.20
Software Number: 3.14.901.20
Software Number: 3.14.950.20
Hboot:1.33

Carrier : WWE (leaked by Elevate members)
CID: HTC__001,HTC__E11,HTC__203,HTC__102,HTC__405,HTC__ Y13,HTC__A07,HTC__304.HTC__M27,HTC__032,HTC__016,HTC__J15
Software Number: 3.14.401.190
Hboot: 1.31

Carrier:Taiwan
CID:HTC__621
Software number: 3.14.709.16
Hboot: 1.31

Please include a screenshot if possible, this will help verify the update !

Appreciated !

Last edited by a moderator:

tomislav177

Aug 24, 2010
Jelly Bean hope and respect

Please don't close this thread. And for the others post just evidence and links of source that you have. Not your opinion or something else.
For example I have a source that is not verified but it say middle November.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351775010556.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351775010556.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 8,368
Last edited:

Sckank

Jul 7, 2010
Florø
Guess this puts an end to the discussion for a while. (yeah sure ;) ) It is going to take a while before something happends.

A

ahmedaljaf

My Hopes :

1- New Live Background
2- Add Folder Option To The Menu :p
3- New Sense Lock :)

Thanks For The Great Thread :)

Montechristo1979

Oct 9, 2010
Ravensburg
HTC told people @twitter and @facebook that the rollout in ASIA and EUROPE already started.

Here are some of the screenshots:

https://twitter.com/htc/status/262929657060532225
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1445207&d=1351664757
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1445216&d=1351665011

And this is the initial push for Asia (Taiwan):

http://www.htc.com/tw/help/htc-one-x/#download

And there is a screenshot from 1 XDA-User from China:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33413903&postcount=2570

SO IT IS OUT.....SOMEWHERE....BELIEVE!! ;)

Last edited:
Hallo, htc will the update with good expierince given, i see the s3 update they have many problems with jb.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Really? What kind of problems?

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

HTC told people @twitter and @facebook that the rollout in ASIA and EUROPE already started.

Here are some of the screenshots:

https://twitter.com/htc/status/262929657060532225
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1445207&d=1351664757
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1445216&d=1351665011

And this is the initial push for Asia (Taiwan):

http://www.htc.com/tw/help/htc-one-x/#download

This is good info, but it would be better if someone could confirm receiving the update in Europe or somewhere outside Taiwan.

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
As far as I know the update will continue to roll out around middle of november, but will contain new hboot version and fixed bugs(maybe newer base too)... so it's not that bad that they delayed it a bit. After all better to release it a little bit later without bugs, than sooner, but with bugs. It's better for us, it's better for them(rolling update, getting negative feedback about the update bugs andd then roll out another update to fix them..). Chill out guys! :)

Last edited:

civarch

Oct 19, 2011
Pasig City
My other unit s3, which is currently about to sell, already has the jb on it. No significant change on the ui. Just the same tw screen. But with promises of sense 4+, i hope it worth the wait! :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: TheHappyBuddhist

isaw

Nov 13, 2009
As a suggestion to keep thread alive...

Instead of people ranting and raving and belittling each other and other opinions, etc, how about this thread stick to "Confirmed" JB releases on HOX only?

By that I mean, as and when someone has rec'd the OTA, they post their location (generic), CID (if known) and time and a screenie if possible.

That way, it keeps people informed of how the release is progrssing and sticks to the business at hand not people moaning and whining and b*tching.

fyi, I realise the slight hypocritical nature of this post.. but it needed to be said.

Reactions: ChiDi9901 and expza

mmmzzz68

Aug 7, 2012
Good idea! Btw, is there an app for screenshots that doesn't require root?

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One X

dmestriner

Dec 20, 2010
Hold unlock Button and Volume down button
voila Screenshot

holding Unlock button + Vol Down for a few secs = built-in Android functionality for screenshot.
Hold unlock button and tap Home, and you will get the HTC Sense implemented functionality for screenshot.
just FYI, you have 2 methods for taking screenshots on your HOX ;)

Sorry for offtopic.

I really hope Project Butter will show itself in the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many people have worn out the patience and they have a right to their point of view.
    Your wrong, you have no such right on XDA. Membership is a privilege not a right.

Thread Closed.
    Thread cleaned, ppl got what they deserved here and there.

Now keep it nice and friendly and stay on topic.

If i have to clean this mess once more the thread will be vaporized!!!

Whiskey
    Forum Moderator
    I have some interesting news:

Source:

http://bestboyz.de/one-x-test/#comments (HTC One X+ Review)

It's a german website. Inside the comments someone is asking about the HTC One X JB Update. The guy who does the reviews (Kamal Vaid / bestboyz) replied to him:

Kamal Vaid | Twitter: bestboyz
    schrieb am 11.11.2012 um 01:59:31 Uhr

Hallo,

das One X gibt es nur noch in der 16GB-Variante. Die 32GB-Variante wird von dem Markt genommen. Dafür wird es 50€ günstiger angeboten und befindet sich auf gleichen Niveau, wie das One S.

OS 4.1 Jelly Bean für One X erscheint zwischen dem 12. und 15. November.

One XL Ende 2012.

Kamal

The most important part is "OS 4.1 Jelly Bean für One X erscheint zwischen dem 12. und 15. November."

Translation for you: OS 4.1 Jelly Bean for One X will be released between 12th and 15th November.

-------------------------------------------------------

Few hours later someone was asking where Kamal / bestboyz knows when HTC will release the update. He replied:

Kamal Vaid | Twitter: bestboyz
    schrieb am 11.11.2012 um 17:00:52 Uhr

Hi Cracker,

ich danke Dir.

Ich habe eine Liste von Geräten, worin steht, wann welches aktualisiert wird. Das One X ist für den 12. November listet.

Die Informationen kommen von HTC.

Kamal

Translation again for you:

I have a list of devices where i can see when every device will be updated. The One X is listed for 12th November. The informations are from HTC.

So, looks like some people (me included) will smash their "Check Update"-Button again tomorrow :D
    I'm not sure what the WinMo reference is for? It's irrelevant here. What is relevant is that with S-OFF, you'd have more of a developer community around the HTC One X rather than fanboys defending the indefensible in the name of brand loyalty. The HTC One X development in general is at a standstill compared to other current flagships. Hell CyanogenMod 10 went Stable today before the One X even managed to get an M release out.

S-OFF has very little to do with the development, it has an impact yes, but not to the extent you are trying to imply. Most cases users want S-OFF so they have a backup incase things go wrong and need to return the device for repairs. They could flash a stock HBOOT and revert to a "LOCKED" state, HTC would never know that they had unlocked, and would honor the warranty in all cases.

The other side to S-OFF, flashing a boot.img via recovery and radios via fastboot. Is it that much of an inconvenience to flash a boot.img from fastboot? In most cases, I'd hazard a guess at 90%, users have to plug in their handsets to copy across ROMs to the sdcard, flash the boot.img then. No real inconvenience. Yes I know that restoring backups & boot.img's in recovery is the only valid point to having S-OFF.

I'm sorry, having a quick look at your profile, you're a moderator on a development community who is outrightly ignoring the community he serves. That said, you're right, we're in a vast minority. However the other company I referred to, who is in fact going from strength to strength in the mobile market, decided that the negative press it received from untimely updates and a frustrated minority could indeed have a butterfly effect. As a result, it fixed the issue.

Being a moderator has nothing to do with the points I'm making. How am I ignoring the community by answering your concerns? I really much doubt that Samsung has gone from strength to strength purely based on pushing JB to the GS3 or updating other handsets quicker than HTC. By that logic, Nexus devices would be more "mainstream" and ASUS (who are very quick with updates) would have a major market share.

Yes I bought a handset based on the advice of some users in a community that's often praised for the knowledge of said users. I as a member of this community, allbeit naively, trusted in what this community was all about. This wasn't ever supposed to be a community about handsets or brand fanboyism, but rather ROMs and the extension of the capability of the hardware available. After receiving my initial One X and undergoing the subsequent problems due to receiving one from a bad batch, I became bitter. I admit that. However when I got a new handset, my outlook changed. I was dismayed at what the community had become as once upon a time, I would've been made aware of the problems that so many faced.

Your backtracking, by your own admission you listened to the "fan boys". If I want sound technical advice on a particular subject, I'd seek out the subject matter expert, not a bunch of users who will push HTC at you regardless of your question. If you'd seen the length of time it took for S-OFF on the HTC Vivid, and the method to achieve it you would have known HTC are really pushing the security to boundaries that developers here and on other development forums are struggling to break. No need to ask a fan boy.

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with HTC and your previous One X, but there is nothing we, nor anyone here can do about it.
    I don't consider myself a fan boy by any stretch, I've recommended other manufacturers/OS's to family members based on their needs & requirements not my bias towards a particular company.

The situation now is reminiscent of when the Xbox came out, and some owners took to forums to be vocal about the Red Ring of Death situation. There were fanboys there that went out of their way to try and suppress all outcry regarding the faulty consoles and soon after Microsoft flatly denied all issues. It's now estimated that around 50% of Xbox 360's had issues and it wasn't until the EU and Watchdog got involved that Microsoft listened. The consumers had to speak out in their dismay and that forced change at the corporate level. The fans like you that came on to the message boards to deny such problems ever existed were left looking stupid. In an example closer to home, I cite the issue of iPhone and "you're holding it wrong".

I hope I dismissed your view of me as a fan boy in my previous reply. I'm not defending HTC, I've never posted dismissing any users faults as theirs or as complete fallacy. I have defended HTC's view on unlocking the bootloader MAY invalidate the warranty. But that goes in line with my view, "If you cannot afford to replace it, don't tinker with it".

Well actually. I have a bug on my phone whereby if the phone rings, I often have to unlock the phone to answer the call. Is that working? In it's basic most function, the phone is failing. Wanting a timely update because due to HTCs approach to custom development I'm unable to seek software fixes elsewhere, isn't an outrageous expectation. I am a customer who has paid a lot of money for what I consider the most aesthetically beautiful phone available. I acknowledge that the One X is a work in progress and am naturally impatient for said progress. As I said, HTC have dictated my reaction and as such they should deal with my outcry. I'm simply more balanced than a vocal majority in this thread, I accept that corporations can do things right and can do thins wrong and that there's no such thing as them being infallible. The fact that fans are so passionate about a product as to attempt to dismiss all negative views of a company is disappointing as a reflection of this community.

Again, I'm sorry to hear you have this issue, I have never experienced it before on any stock HTC firmware.
    Yes you are more balanced, this is obvious by your language used, and they way you structure your replies. But that does not mean you are correct in what you post.

As I originally posted in my original thread HOX thread, I wanted a beautiful phone for the hardware in order to run CyanogenMod 9+. I haven't been afforded a position whereby that's possible to the degree in which I feel I'm entitled to as someone that has bought hardware My situation is rather akin to buying a house and then being told I can only use the back door to bring in furniture and that I'm not allowed to remodel the attic. This being the case, of case, I'd hope/expect that whomever stipulated this, would actually perform maintenance on the attic and back door.

This attitude that would see you visit a restaurant and simply because everyone around you is saying they're enjoying a meal prevents you from complaining about the cold main course is ridiculous. Anybody that's defending the situation as it stands is being ridiculous. This isn't my first phone and it won't be my last. But I certainly won't put myself in this position again. Whether it's dealing with rabid fans unable to acknowledge fault of a manufacturer or the imbalanced false advertising of fans. As someone that greatly believes in the open source initiative we're privy to as Android owners, I've been proud to be a part of this community. I've enjoyed helping people diagnose their software issues and answer any and all questions I can. I'm not a great coder and I simply do all and everything I can in the name of community spirit.

This falls down to a lack of research on your part. If you had researched you would have known (depending on how soon you purchased after release) that HTC did not remove S-ON by unlocking the bootloader. Answering your particular scenario, you purchased a house under a leasehold agreement. You own the house, but need permission to alter it. Whereas a freehold means do what you want, subject to local planning and heritage legislation. Had you checked, you would of known.

Again, apologies to others reading this post and thinking WTF. My position at XDA is to keep the forums friendly, tidy and to promote decorum. This cannot be achieved by simply "deleting" or "locking threads, or by censoring them as this does not help matters.
    hello am new ....
    i contact htc for jb in europe and this answer i got :confused: i hope will be, not should be

Dear Ivana,

Thank you for contacting HTC.

With regards to your enquiry, kindly note that the first wave of Jelly Bean update for HTC One X should be relased today. We hope that within the next month, all our customers will get the notification for this update on their phones. Before updating the phone, please ensure that the battery is at least 50% full, that you are using strong and stable Wi-Fi connection and that the phone is not connected to a charger.

If you have any other inquiries, don’t hesitate to contact us again.
    For further details, please go to
    Thank you for using HTC products.

Respect & Regards,
    HTC Technical Support Team