FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Auto rotation Fixed on JellyBean [UPDATE 9]

358 posts
Thanks Meter: 151

By Rikodu, Senior Member on 3rd November 2012, 09:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Moving to a JellyBean rom, some users have experienced the unability to have the auto rotation functional.

There was a debate about that a long time ago whether it was a kernel , a rom or a hardware issue ....
(N.B: Custom roms with Sense 4 are ONE of the causes leading to this problem !)

However , even if there is still not a real fix available, everyone who is experiencing the issue can make the auto rotation functional again by following this process :

1) Download the DHD RUU that can be found on this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1382235 (Already rooted)

2) Once downloaded, extract the files to recreate the full zip, put it in your SD Card . ( Download here 7-Zip for extraction )

3) Now go to the RECOVERY, do a FULL WIPE and then flash that Stock rom.

4) Reboot

5) Make the basic settings

6) Rebot again into RECOVERY, do a FULL WIPE and then flash your JellyBean rom.

For some users, flashing a PRE-ROOTED ROM does not fix the auto rotation problem. If you are one of those, just stick to the original RUU. To proceed, follow these steps :

1) In order to flash the original RUU from a JB rom, you have to go back first to a GB rom due to some Firmwares incompatibiltiy during installation. The fix is tested with latest CM 7 which you can download from here : http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?type=stable&device=ace

2) Then, and after you have flashed the CM 7 rom, download this RUU:http://hotfile.com/dl/145200528/06c6...igned.exe.html

3) Once downloaded, open the executable file and follow the instructions to flash your DHD to the original STOCK ROM.

4) Root your Rom using this easy tool: http://downloadcdn.betterinstaller.c...UnlockRoot.exe

5) When finished:

A- Download ROM MANAGER from the PLAYSTORE to flash the CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY,or use 4EXT RECOVERY UPDATER to flash the latest 4EXT RECOVERY downloadable from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1352726394

B- Otherwise If your Bootloader is ENG-OFF & you want a quick method, you can use the Bootloader to flash this file Zip ( 4EXT RECOVERY RC8 ): http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1353050856

6) Reboot into Recovery

7) Full Wipe

8) Flash the JellyBean rom you want to use

9) Now you have a functional auto rotation !!!!

WEIRD as a FIX but the important is that it WORKS

If you get stuck at any level, do not hesitate to ask for help !

Thanks and Credits:

-pnoire
-nitr00
-bananagranola
-marsdta
-Teichopsia
-peiminglei
-gurby1
-hdorius
Attached Files
File Type: apk 4EXTRecoveryUpdater.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.15 MB, 1635 views)
File Type: zip PD98IMG.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.93 MB, 888 views)
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to Rikodu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rikodu Ad-Free

3rd November 2012, 10:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,073

More
Thank a lot for the links and the guide to solve this annoying issue.

Do you agree if i translate the steps and publish the tuto in a french forum? Of course with credit given to you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pnoire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pnoire Ad-Free
3rd November 2012, 10:25 AM |#3  
Flag beijing
Thanks Meter: 70

More
YES!

But what I want to talk about is you needn;t to root it since your hboot is s-off, you can flash recovery directly from hboot or bootloader just like you update the radio img with the zip named PD98IMG.

yes mate good job!
3rd November 2012, 10:33 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Morocco

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoire

Thank a lot for the links and the guide to solve this annoying issue.

Do you agree if i translate the steps and publish the tuto in a french forum? Of course with credit given to you.

Yes of course mate
3rd November 2012, 10:35 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Morocco

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peiminglei

YES!

But what I want to talk about is you needn;t to root it since your hboot is s-off, you can flash recovery directly from hboot or bootloader just like you update the radio img with the zip named PD98IMG.

yes mate good job!

Rom Manager will ask you to root your phone if you want to flash it ... even if you are S-off

EDIT: sorry I misunderstood you.. I should go take my breakfast first and come back
Well , I did not use this way , but if it works then that's okay
3rd November 2012, 05:16 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,615

More
I believe that using a rooted RUU works too. For example, Super Stock in the Inspire 4G forums.
3rd November 2012, 05:24 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 457

Donate to Me
More
THIS IS A BAD IDEA. People should not be flashing a froyo ruu. Those that have shipped with gb will have there boot loaders messed up. Then they'll be bugging glevitan on how to fix it as he is way nicer than me.

If your going to flash stock to fix this auto rotate stick gb 2.50/3.12

Then flash cwr/4ext in a pd98 or fastboot
3rd November 2012, 05:24 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Morocco

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananagranola

I believe that using a rooted RUU works too. For example, Super Stock in the Inspire 4G forums.

I did not test it , but I've heard that it worked for some DHD users
However, I'm just trying to avoid all things that are not official... By this way, we avoid also unexcpected or uncommon results !
3rd November 2012, 05:28 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Morocco

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsdta

THIS IS A BAD IDEA. People should not be flashing a froyo ruu. Those that have shipped with gb will have there boot loaders messed up. Then they'll be bugging glevitan on how to fix it as he is way nicer than me.

If your going to flash stock to fix this auto rotate stick gb 2.50/3.12

Then flash cwr/4ext in a pd98 or fastboot

Did you have this issue? did you try to fix it with what you have just said ? If yes that would be good and I can update the OP . But if not .. sorry ... I cannot post something which was not tested by everyone ...
3rd November 2012, 05:35 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 457

Donate to Me
More
I never had the issue because in flashed the 3.20 before any jb roms existed.

I'm not talking about fixing the auto rotate issue as being a problem but flashing a froyo ruu/pd98. Like I said if your device shipped with gb then the downgrade in boot loader will cause it to go in super slow. It will take like 20 minutes to boot up. Glevitan and I have seen this one to many times.

For those that had froyo shipped devices its no big deal, bit for those that were not it is a problem. That why glevitan has a section in his guide to fix this
3rd November 2012, 05:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,615

More
We have reports of someone fixing it with http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1382235 in the cfX forums. Post 2015. Also, WordsworthESP reported that Super Stock worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to bananagranola For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bananagranola Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4ext recovery, auto rotation, fix, jellybean, stock rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)