Search This thread

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G

attachment.php

Evervolv is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

im on freenode #onev-dev a lot so if you want join me there.

Rom Installation:

Wipe Data, Cache, and system (optional but recommended, this will be the first question if you have FCs or random reboots)
Flash the ROM
Extract boot.img from zip file and run command "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
Flash GApps
Reboot into the system (first boot will take several minutes)

Download

GApps

Discussion Thread

Screenshots

Changelog:
Code:
For an updated changelog look here  http://review.evervolv.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

2012-11-3
Original upload

Working:
-Camera
-Sound
-Phone calling
-Data
-SMS
-MMS
-Wifi
-Charging LED
-Bluetooth - Thanks Maxwen
-Camcorder - Thanks Maxwen

Broken: (In order of importance)
Headphones

Donations: Ok, so im not the type thats going to say "if you donate you will get special access." (yes i got asked this already, which is the point of this writing) Sorry, just not my style. Not trying to make money. But donations are welcome. Maybe I will get to work more on it if I can take the wifey out for dinner :). You will get your name in the 2nd post under donated. Also, if you do donate please pm me here with transaction id. That will make it where i can confirm your donation and add you to the list on donators. Thanks for all you guys support. Link in signature

Evervolv team. Obviously
preludedrew - For helping a lot
Lloir - For listening to me ***** and helping
Maxwen - For the Bluetooth and Video Camera fixes
simonsimons34 - For maintaining while I was away and A LOT of kernel help​

Attachments

• evervolv.png
    evervolv.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 32,311
Last edited:

served24

Oct 8, 2012
MMS is not working. Tried using wifi and data, just keeps saying "sending"

Last edited:

dafzuka

Jul 15, 2012
Finally JB with working camcorder! You are my hero, man! Do you want bug posts in this thread, or do you have a dedicated topic elsewhere?

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
What more does the nightlies offer than the stable? I can deal with things being broken.

Evervolv is still being actively dev'd on. But its a lot more tame than CM. New features are added constantly.

But there is always a chance that a system change could effect this device. So thats why i gave the caution with nightlies.

brandon1212

Nov 3, 2012
I wiped everything, flashed stable and gapps, booted in to bootloader, flashed the boot.img that was in the zip, and I flashed your OneV Kernel. Its not booting :(

edit: I fixed it. I flashed jellyboot.5 and it booted in 1 minute.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

when unlocking after swiping, it shows a red box outline on all sides of the screen. any ideas what that could be?

Last edited:

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I wiped everything, flashed stable and gapps, booted in to bootloader, flashed the boot.img that was in the zip, and I flashed your OneV Kernel. Its not booting :(

edit: I fixed it. I flashed jellyboot.5 and it booted in 1 minute.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

when unlocking after swiping, it shows a red box outline on all sides of the screen. any ideas what that could be?

The boot.img in the zip has been confirmed to work by multiple people. So im not sure why you had and issue with it.

The red box is something that just arrived. I will look into it

served24

Oct 8, 2012
MMS not working for me. Says "sending" and "downloading" but it doesn't work or send for any of them.

brandon1212

Nov 3, 2012
I came from cna and it was okay, a few graphical glitches. But this is smoother, the only thing is the red box. Other than that, thanks for a great ROM (;

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

attachment.php

Evervolv is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

im on freenode #onev-dev a lot so if you want join me there.

Rom Installation:

Wipe Data, Cache, and system (optional but recommended, this will be the first question if you have FCs or random reboots)
    Flash the ROM
    Extract boot.img from zip file and run command "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
    Flash GApps
    Reboot into the system (first boot will take several minutes)

Download

GApps

Discussion Thread

Screenshots

Changelog:
    Code:
    For an updated changelog look here  http://review.evervolv.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

2012-11-3
    Original upload

Working:
    -Camera
    -Sound
    -Phone calling
    -Data
    -SMS
    -MMS
    -Wifi
    -Charging LED
    -Bluetooth - Thanks Maxwen
    -Camcorder - Thanks Maxwen

Broken: (In order of importance)
    Headphones

Donations: Ok, so im not the type thats going to say "if you donate you will get special access." (yes i got asked this already, which is the point of this writing) Sorry, just not my style. Not trying to make money. But donations are welcome. Maybe I will get to work more on it if I can take the wifey out for dinner :). You will get your name in the 2nd post under donated. Also, if you do donate please pm me here with transaction id. That will make it where i can confirm your donation and add you to the list on donators. Thanks for all you guys support. Link in signature

Evervolv team. Obviously
    preludedrew - For helping a lot
    Lloir - For listening to me ***** and helping
    Maxwen - For the Bluetooth and Video Camera fixes
    simonsimons34 - For maintaining while I was away and A LOT of kernel help​
    Placeholder
    Well I wouldn't say that. I finally got my one v back but waiting on a new battery.

Sent from my M7 using xda premium
    hey boss , so quick question has this rom just been given up on its beenlike over two weeks and no activity i liked it man that sucks. u know come to think of it this whole place is starting to look a little unactive at least in my opinion..... whats going on i know not everyone is moving to that gal x ll its too dang much and even with the nexus strt tak has got aint worth..... whats going on it would be nice to know what is up.. thanx if someone let us know.

p.s. and strt tlks lg black aint worth paying 300.+ to downgrade to 2.3 (or whatever) with a 1gz pros. ha!

I have been on vacation for the last 2 weeks. We are working on getting all devices booting 4.2 now. Next release will be 4.2. When? Dunno. And please don't ask.

As for straight talk. They have bring your own device program. Buy a att or T-Mobile phone from whereever, buy their T-Mobile or att sim, and you have service. No unlock required. 45 unlimited everything

Sent from my One X using xda premium
    Jmz. Hope hangover is not too bad. And thanks for looking into this

sent from my HTC one v evervol rom

try this zip.

http://androidfiles.org/5P

It should work for ALL carriers unless your carrier requires specific build.prop edits like VM does. Hopefully no other carriers are picky about it.