FORUMS

Original ROMs for Alcatel OT-918 D,Mix and N

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By kippsoft, Junior Member on 4th November 2012, 07:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys...
After alot, alot of work and problems...
I am happy to announce to you that I found solution to your Alcatel OT-918(All)..
Pre-requisites:
  1. SP Flash tool(I have attached it)
  2. One Touch Upgrade from Alcatel site
  3. The 3 Alcatel ROM files(Attached)
  4. Fully charged phone.
Steps
Download the appropriate ROM file for your phone and extract it to a folder.
Download Alcatel One Touch Upgrade for your phone ...Click here for Alcatel OT-918 Upgrade Tool...
Download the SP Flash tool(Attached)
Install appropriate USB drivers for your phone..
Using SP Flash tool push the 3 files(Download) to the smart phone...click here is an example of how to download...
Ensure it is successful..
Remove phone's battery,re-insert.
Open the upgrade tool and follow its help file on how to upgrade.
Thanks
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kippsoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kippsoft Ad-Free
10th November 2012, 06:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
clarification
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippsoft

Hi guys...
I am happy to announce to you that I found solution to your Alcatel OT-918(All)..
Pre-requisites:

4. Fully charged phone.
Steps
Download Alcatel One Touch Upgrade for your phone ...Click here for Alcatel OT-918 Upgrade Tool...
Using SP Flash tool push the 3 files(Download) to the smart phone...click here is an example of how to download...
Thanks

Can you please help me with my ot 918 mix when i try to push the 3 files to my phone, i get an error after the purple bar finishes in the sp flash tool, saying something abt partial files and it needing all the files, im new to android flashing, and also i dont see where you have provided any recovery image for me to use, this makes me a bit confused as to what i should do please and thanks in advance
8th December 2012, 06:04 PM |#3  
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Hi guys...
Pre-requisites:

4. Fully charged phone.
Steps
Thanks

I thank you for the time you have used to compile the information. i have on little problem, my phone is Alcatel ot918 mix, though wen i did a nandroid back-up the files read "OT_918D_MT6573" which means it uses the OS for OT-918D. In your downloadable ROM files i can not see the OT-918D 2.3.6 which is the appropriate version for my phone. Thanx in advance.
9th December 2012, 06:04 AM |#4  

More
i did this one and im having problem with the brom error i downgraded my from 2.3.6 to 2.3.5...accidentally i formated my nvram...i dont have any so whenever i flash my phone it says there is invalid partition on my nand flash...was my phone alreay dead? i cat even go to its recovery mode..the only thing that is good for now is that flash tool can still detect my phone...is there anyone out there who has heart to share its nvram??/
27th December 2012, 10:31 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

More
U are using a wrong scatter file try following the instructions that I have outlined
Quote:
Originally Posted by minard.dres

i did this one and im having problem with the brom error i downgraded my from 2.3.6 to 2.3.5...accidentally i formated my nvram...i dont have any so whenever i flash my phone it says there is invalid partition on my nand flash...was my phone alreay dead? i cat even go to its recovery mode..the only thing that is good for now is that flash tool can still detect my phone...is there anyone out there who has heart to share its nvram??/

U are using a wrong scatter file try following the instructions that I have outline above.
29th December 2012, 06:50 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

U are using a wrong scatter file try following the instructions that I have outline above.

I have a Nandroid backup of my original ROM (alcatel ot 918 without D/M) i downgraded to V2.3.5 my after restoring it wont boot, do you have a file that would help me upgrade to v2.3.6 so that i can restore my original ROM because ONETOUCH upgrades seems not to work on my phone.
29th December 2012, 08:36 PM |#7  

More
Unhappy help
I have an Alcatel ot 918S and i cant find ANYTHING on xda about it And i was wondering if someone had a custom rom for it (possibly cm based)
firmware version: 2.3.6
Baseband version: 6573
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7
[email protected] #1
Build number: GINGERBREAD_ALUS_2

please help I am close to giving up
9th January 2013, 02:54 PM |#8  

More
Unhappy Bricked Alcatel One Touch 918
I had Alcatel One Touch 918 with android 2.3.6 on it and tried to root It. It installed, but stuck at booting, at the android logo.Then i tried to restore, using first the partial backup that i did, then with "Smart Phone Flash tool".I did a format : "Auto Format Nand Flash" "Format all flash".It`s connects to the phone and it formatted.
But when i try to Download something (F9) it`s only giving error and says : "SP Flash tool error (9100)
[Android USB] Can not find USB Port.
For formatting it can find.I tried removing the battery and tring after, but it`s not working.The phone can not even power on. I tried even using one touch upgrade tool, But still says my phone has the latest ROM.Once i connect it to a PC I can here the PC detect is by the USB connect sound but doesnt show its charging. Someone help on how to recover the original ROM or even how to get my phone working
13th January 2013, 01:02 PM |#9  

More
Thumbs down i am helpless I try it .... my phone briked after...........
Quote:

Hi guys...
Pre-requisites:

4. Fully charged phone.
Steps
Thanks

I tried it my phone now briked and won't turn on ... OTU say your device is already updated please tell what to do now... plz help... help
8th March 2013, 01:05 PM |#10  

More
Unhappy NANDROID BACK UP ot 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngashjunior

I have a Nandroid backup of my original ROM (alcatel ot 918 without D/M) i downgraded to V2.3.5 my after restoring it wont boot, do you have a file that would help me upgrade to v2.3.6 so that i can restore my original ROM because ONETOUCH upgrades seems not to work on my phone.

Hey ngashjunior,can you please send me the above,as you state to have,i messed my ot 918 and hadnt backed up.mbulunza2atgmail.com
please help soonest.thanks
Simon

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattulondhe

I tried it my phone now briked and won't turn on ... OTU say your device is already updated please tell what to do now... plz help... help

tried too..got bricked..or better..stoned..huh!if u get help,post
13th March 2013, 01:47 PM |#11  
Flag Joncy
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandrinsheep

Can you please help me with my ot 918 mix when i try to push the 3 files to my phone, i get an error after the purple bar finishes in the sp flash tool, saying something abt partial files and it needing all the files, im new to android flashing, and also i dont see where you have provided any recovery image for me to use, this makes me a bit confused as to what i should do please and thanks in advance

i have you find a way ? I have same error .

I just brick my phone when i make wipe data factory reset and now boot loop .

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)