- Paranoid Android v2.54
- P.A.C. v16 as add-on
- Tytung's JB kernel (tytung_jellybean_r1): http://goo.gl/LLPm3
- JB kernel from marc1706 (marc1706_desire_jb_0_1_2): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1677025
- Universal Installer based on AROMA, enhanced with built-in tools: Manage packed apps, Change kernel/connection, reODEX, add/remove SWAP, change PA <-> PAC
- Supports: ODEXing based on Dexo-Odexer by wwchang: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=467
- Supports: SWAP based on Yank555's scripts: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1630083
- Deploy to: NAND, DataOnEXT, NativeSD (with tytung's kernel, ROM's subdir is: PA-HD2)
- Supports P.A.C. framework on top of the PA-HD2 ROM as an add-on - apply through the installer.
- GAPPS 4.2: install/remove/revert through the installer
- Hardware Video Decoding: MPEG4 and H.264 video playback up to 720p.
- Play 720p video even with Google Gallery's Video Player
- Use this video sample to test: http://downloads.dvdloc8.com/trailer...vd-trailer.zip
- Hardware Video Encoding: camcorder recording with MPEG4 in 640x480
- Download package from:
- PA-HD2_v2.54-2.9.zip - 305.17 MB
- MD5: cc7609a6343dd0d502e44abe8cc3b27b
- CREATE BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING
- Check known issues
- System size: 180 MB for minimal, 290 MB for full, 360 MB for the full+odex install
Note: Odexed system will be ~330 MB only, but the process requires some temp space under /system.
- Installation steps:
- 1. Choose kernel - tytung's JB kernel / marc1706's JB kernel
2. Choose location - NAND, NAND with DataOnEXT; NativeSD on SD-EXT (with tytung's kernel)
3. Select data connection - PPP, RMNET (only if bootloader is MAGLDR)
4. Select SWAP or skip step
5. Choose SYSTEM/DATA apps - keyboard, gallery, launcher, now/talk/tts, mail/music/maps/calendar, both 4.1 and 4.2 are available
6. Select wipe method - dalvik-cache only, data/factory (NativeSD safe), none;
7. Select ODEXing or skip step
8. Select/Skip option to retain your PA-Preferences configuration
9. Done - run installer
Use ROM Toolbox from PlayStore, go to Performance -> Memory manager; choose Presets -> Strict (or Aggressive). Apply and select "Apply at boot".
Note: The P.A.C. framework support is just an update on top of PA-HD2, you can't run the two versions parallel, the ROM will use the same PA-HD2 SD-EXT/NativeSD ID/sub-directory!
- Paranoid Android webpage: http://www.paranoid-rom.com/
- Complete guide to ParanoidPreferences: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1927208
- Themes and other goodies you can find here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1822082
- P.A.C.: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1803076
- DataOnEXT by ph03n!x: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1843062
- Credits: Xylograph, tytung, ph03n!x, marc1706, wwchang, szl.kiev, Evervolv team, PA Team and Cyanogenmod Team
- My other HD2 is broken, can't do testing or everyday development, but will try to add features and updates
- On first boot the Google TTS will crash - if installed.
- If you have low ringtone / missing notification sound issues on v2.52-1.x, use this workaround:
- go to Settings->Sound->Volumes
- unset "Link ringtones & notifications volumes"
- set both of them to lowest values
- set them to the expected values
- The 2G notification toggle does not work. You have to go to Settings->Wireless&networks->Mobile networks (or long press 2G toggle) to turn on/off the 2G-only setting.
- On v2.52-1.x don't use RMNET with MAGLDR+marc1706
If you can't boot the ROM, please repeat the installation with the following steps:
- Install as before, choose the same options
- After deployment finished, save the log files
- On the next screen deselect the reboot option
- Finish deployment and go back to recovery
- Attach phone to desktop, mount usb, copy log from root of the SD to desktop and upload/share the file
- Also add the following details to your comment: phone (512/1024), bootloader (cLK/MAGLDR), recovery, kernel, installation (NAND, NAND w/ DataOnEXT, NativeSD), or even partition layout...
Tools / Fixes
- See 2nd post for tools for v2.52-1.x
- v2.54-2.3 and up has the following tools included in the installer
- Manage packed applications: install/remove or switch between 4.1 and 4.2 apps
- Change kernel/connection: change the kernel (tytung's, marc1706's) and/or connection type (ppp, RMNET) w/o re-installing the ROM
- reODEX: re-ODEX the system after changing system apps/framework
- Swap install/remove: install/remove init.d script for swap
- Change framework between PA and P.A.C. (depends on the changes applied under P.A.C.)
- Change HTC-RIL library between HTC-RIL_2.2.1001G and HTC-RIL_2.2.0054HM
- See 2nd post for tools for v2.52-1.x
- Power Button / Softkey for the PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.x by wwchangPower button function for all PA modes including 600px & 360px as well as 720px menu & power 'invisible buttons' and support for NativeSD, DataOnEXT, and NAND installs.
Package to be installed from recovery.
- Look&feel tuning - for 720px mode users only - for the PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.8 by gogodu5sU- resized notification ticker
- resized recent apps thumbnails & kill all button
- resized navbar buttons + invisible&permanent menu button (right of recent apps button)
- increased volume panel top padding
- replaced some gb-orange with holo-blue
- systemUI (workspace) optimized for 720px layout + 192dpi
- button light fix included, to avoid them turning on when switching auto/manual brightness
- panel button glow changes with navbar button glow