Post Reply Email Thread
FTP server: epo.mediatek.com
Port: 21
Login: epo_alps
Password: epo_alps

There are two files:
EPO.DAT
EPO.MD5

Both files are updated on the server once per day, usualy around 7:51(GMT+2).
They should be downloaded to the folder: /data/misc .

When you try to download them from phone "EPO settings", you see message "EPO FILE INFO DOWNLOADING", than you see (50%). That 50% status appears and disappears around 3 times, and some time after that you receive error message "Download files invalid".

The reason is, that they have always wrong MD5 checksum in file EPO.MD5. So your phone download and compare/calc checksum for few times, but every time the checksum is incorrect. And that is reason, why it is not working.

I have tried to connect to the epo.mediatek.com ftp server manually from PC. Every time i download EPO.DAT file, the MD5 checksum is the same, but in EPO.MD5 file is another one (also still the same).
I have calculated correct MD5 checksum, and changed it to correct value to the file EPO.MD5. Than I have uploaded both files to my private FTP server. And than, through "Engineering Menu" (you can enter there by calling number *#*#3646633#*#* and then select "EPO" item) in the phone I have changed FTP connection/login/password to my server, and tested that. And when I have there correct MD5 checksum in file EPO.MD5, everything works as it should be.

So someone should tell Mediatek, that they have some serious problem with MD5 calculation on their FTP server.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anunnaki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Anunnaki Ad-Free

15th November 2012, 06:27 AM |#2  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anunnaki

So someone should tell Mediatek, that they have some serious problem with MD5 calculation on their FTP server.

Problem still persists, Download of EPO-Files is not possible.

Matthias
21st November 2012, 11:05 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
As of today the problem still persist, however it's not caused by wrong MD5 check sum anymore. I've checked and it's correct, but I still get the same massage when trying to download the file from the Mediatek's server: "Download files invalid"
I've updated the EPO file on my phone by using my FTP server and it worked.
21st November 2012, 12:17 PM |#4  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 470

More
Yes, it worked since the 19th, thats when my A750 downloaded again.
Just to be sure, I checked again, and its working still.

Maybe you have accidentally changed the settings?
22nd November 2012, 03:39 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
mine failed few times, switched to wifi and managed to get it to work. thanks for the engineering menu tip - very useful and interesting, especially with the agps reset, warm/full and timer options. Now looking for something similar for other phones
25th November 2012, 08:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Today working on my Hero 9500+
7th December 2012, 02:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manucasillas

Today working on my Hero 9500+

yes, its working again, but there is a problem with server ping not settings on the phone
16th January 2013, 05:09 PM |#8  
Flag Oporto

More
EPO files not downloadable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anunnaki

I have tried to connect to the epo.mediatek.com ftp server manually from PC. Every time i download EPO.DAT file, the MD5 checksum is the same, but in EPO.MD5 file is another one (also still the same).
I have calculated correct MD5 checksum, and changed it to correct value to the file EPO.MD5. Than I have uploaded both files to my private FTP server. And than, through "Engineering Menu" (you can enter there by calling number *#*#3646633#*#* and then select "EPO" item) in the phone I have changed FTP connection/login/password to my server, and tested that. And when I have there correct MD5 checksum in file EPO.MD5, everything works as it should be.

Hi.
I've been having this problem since my UMI X1 arrived (MTK6577). I goes till 25% or 50%, and then restarts.. repeating until failure. Worse than that:
- If I download the files from the PC, and put them on /data/misc, it doesn't recognize them
- My engineering menu, on the EPO tab, doesn't have a field to let me choose the FTP server...

Do you know if there's other way of updating the EPO files, or forcing the EPO FTP settings?
Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to xexexexexexe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xexexexexexe Ad-Free
16th January 2013, 06:16 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I don't have a mediatek phone anymore - I sold it to replace it with something with sourcecode.

Can someone please scan thier /data/misc folder with ls -l to see what permissions the EPO file should have
17th January 2013, 10:55 AM |#10  
Flag Oporto

More
Finally
Hi.
I finally managed to get my EPO settings working.
It was a permissions problem, that didn't allow the phone to process the EPO.DAT (either downloaded from the PC and moved to /data/misc, either downloaded directly).

So, I just gave the EPO.DAT and EPO.MD5 files (under /data/misc) full permissions, and it just worked!

And I confirm that my MTK engineering menu doesn't have the option to change the EPO server settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to xexexexexexe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xexexexexexe Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 01:06 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The FTP Server is not alvailable and therefore I can't download the files !

Is there any other way to get them?
The Following User Says Thank You to consti83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift consti83 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)