FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG-P870 LG Escape: How to root, KDZ and other info

580 posts
Thanks Meter: 141

By Urabewe, Senior Member on 6th November 2012, 08:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Seeing as there isn't a section for the LG P870/LG Escape I'm going to try and get as much info condensed into one thread for now.
Not even sure how popular this phone is but, hopefully this will be of some use to someone.

KDZ:

I know this isn't posted anywhere so here is the v10f KDZ from LG. It is the latest firmware as of 11/6/2012:

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata...P87010f_00.kdz

If you don't know how to flash a KDZ I will make a guide here soon. V10f is rootable using the method below as is v10c

Download Mode:

To get into download mode turn off your phone, press and hold the vol+ and vol- keys, with those held down insert the USB cable while continuing to hold down the keys. After a few seconds phone will enter download mode automatically.

Rooting:

I was able to root my phone that has v10c on it using this tool:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=532

I used 1.6 of the root script but some say that 1.2 works better for them. I would try 1.6 if that doesn't work try 1.2 if it fails the first time run it a second time and it should work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Urabewe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Urabewe Ad-Free

11th November 2012, 07:01 PM |#2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 279

More
Thanks! My wife just got this. I was able to root and update and retain root with OTA rootkeeper. Was looking for a kdz just in case. If there's enough interest i will see if i can port TWRP so we can cook up some custom roms.
29th November 2012, 07:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I am definitely interested in custom roms, I have this device. Its not bad considering the price and what you get. 1494 on geekbench too! Pretty decent!

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

29th November 2012, 09:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thanks for the effort
1st December 2012, 06:49 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Aye guys I'm new into rooting and android in general, but I don't really understand how to root this phone. Kinda been looking around for a while and I was wondering if you can write some sort of guide. As of now I'm pretty lost the other threads aren't giving me any general information on exactly how to root the LG P870 or androids in general.
-Thanks
Btw I understand what exactly what rooting does to your device and the purpose of rooting, its just exactly how to root the device.
1st December 2012, 06:54 PM |#6  

More
Well first things first do you have the android SDK installed on your computer
The Following User Says Thank You to cyclejim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyclejim Ad-Free
1st December 2012, 10:44 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclejim

Well first things first do you have the android SDK installed on your computer

Alright now what lol.
As of now I have Eclipse with android sdk installed on it and the newest version of java. Whats next, and spefically whats a KDZ and what is he talking about here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urabewe

Rooting:

I was able to root my phone that has v10c on it using this tool:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=532

I used 1.6 of the root script but some say that 1.2 works better for them. I would try 1.6 if that doesn't work try 1.2 if it fails the first time run it a second time and it should work.

2nd December 2012, 05:11 AM |#8  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 279

More
He
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHazard

Alright now what lol.
As of now I have Eclipse with android sdk installed on it and the newest version of java. Whats next, and spefically whats a KDZ and what is he talking about here:

Download the zip and unzip it to your desktop. Go into your phone's settings and go to developers options. Turn on USB debugging. Go back to settings and go to security. Turn on unknown sources. Now plug your phone in and run the .bat file that you just unzipped. Follow the commands on the and that should be it. Good luck!
2nd December 2012, 06:33 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for the effort
2nd December 2012, 08:15 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHazard

Alright now what lol.

KDZ is the LG format for ROMs which is the built in read only memory that hold the instructions for the phone to run the hardware and features.

But I just rooted my phone with a combination of the above files, and it didnt go exactly as I hoped. First I ran the v1.2 batch file linked above, (the 1.6 batch file archive is invalid and doesnt extract properly. It seemed like it ran properly, i did the restore (no data destructive you shouldnt lost any data) but I didnt have root when completed. Then I tried the v17 of the original thread which can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

That one also ran but failed at the end saying something about me not having root on the phone.

I than ran the v1.2 batch file not once, but twice in a row. The second time I found my phone operating in "emulator mode" in other words, it was running laggy as hell and very slow. I then ran the V17 batch file from the link above, and boom it worked. So as you can see it wasnt typical, but I think if you dont have success with the 1.2 the first time, run it again, if it still didnt work, try running v17 like i did. I now have root and my phone is working fine.
2nd December 2012, 08:36 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Basically, I got the Escape then got the Nexus7 and have been involved in that. Really haven't been doing much with the Escape. I will be looking into more for everyone and hopefully get a custom recovery at the very least. Then at that point we can start thinking about rom. Until then we are stuck with what we have. I will get more info for everyone , till then this is what we have. If you think you can help go for it. If not sorry but this is the best info there is for our phone . I will positively without a doubt post any new info here so if that's what you are looking for this is the right place until then, thank you and you are welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)