FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[All XDA Members] Requests to Moderators and Admins

17,949 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,687

By NotATreoFan, Developer & Moderator Committees, and More on 6th November 2012, 05:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2020, 11:23 AM |#3411  
Forum Moderator
Flag diffusing a bomb of sorts somewhere on XDA with nothing but a paperclip and a wad of chewing gum.
Thanks Meter: 2,371

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

ok.

i'm still on legacy xda app 5.0.22 which has no report button (as discussed before) so i went to "web view" in this thread and still find no report button. apologies if its there and i just missed it. and i'm not even sure if this needs reporting. someone might (?) want to look at this :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=81662403

i'll get this figured out better. i promise.

Can you take a screenshot when you go to web view? Also, just so I'm sure, which post(s) are you referencing in that link. I'm just making sure
The Following User Says Thank You to mattgyver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattgyver Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 11:33 AM |#3412  
Thanks Meter: 1,876

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgyver

Can you take a screenshot when you go to web view? Also, just so I'm sure, which post(s) are you referencing in that link. I'm just making sure

ss capable yes. post #85. and maybe its just between a dev and member. just looked "off" to me. apologies for any inconvenience.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrrocketdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrrocketdog Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 11:36 AM |#3413  
Forum Moderator
Flag diffusing a bomb of sorts somewhere on XDA with nothing but a paperclip and a wad of chewing gum.
Thanks Meter: 2,371

More
Quote:

ss capable yes. post #85. and maybe its just between a dev and member. just looked "off" to me. apologies for any inconvenience.

Not an inconvenience. That's why we are here!
The Following User Says Thank You to mattgyver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattgyver Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 06:07 PM |#3414  
Quote:

ok.
i'm still on legacy xda app 5.0.22 which has no report button (as discussed before) so i went to "web view" in this thread and still find no report button. apologies if its there and i just missed it.

When you tap web view the first time after installing the xda app.
You will see a few options
The first option should be the devices default browser.
But there maybe other option app options
Like xda app if you select always open xda app
It just reopens the thread in the xda app
And you don't get the web view.

You may need clear the defaults for the app that is opening
When you select web view.

Also which browser and xda theme affect where the report button is.

Sent from my mata using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200203-105342.png
Views:	70
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	4941893  
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 08:09 PM |#3415  
Flag Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 3,032

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

When you tap web view the first time after installing the xda app.
You will see a few options
The first option should be the devices default browser.
But there maybe other option app options
Like xda app if you select always open xda app
It just reopens the thread in the xda app
And you don't get the web view.

You may need clear the defaults for the app that is opening
When you select web view.

Also which browser and xda theme affect where the report button is.

That never works for me for some reason. Here is an example. I googled 'crDroid dumpling xda', and got the result I was looking for, but when it goes to open it in the XDA app it just brings me to the forum that thread was in. I don't think I've ever had it work. It's especially not very helpful when trying to search for something specific in the thread, and you know it's in there somewhere, manage to type enough into Google that it actually finds what you are looking for, then when you click it it goes to the main forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200203-130420_Android_System.png
Views:	54
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	4941967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200203-130432_XDA.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	4941969  
3rd February 2020, 09:09 PM |#3416  
Flag Jena
Thanks Meter: 13,736

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtoZ0to9

That never works for me for some reason. Here is an example. I googled 'crDroid dumpling xda', and got the result I was looking for, but when it goes to open it in the XDA app it just brings me to the forum that thread was in. I don't think I've ever had it work. It's especially not very helpful when trying to search for something specific in the thread, and you know it's in there somewhere, manage to type enough into Google that it actually finds what you are looking for, then when you click it it goes to the main forum.

1. I think you missed the point of that post. It says to "view the thread that is already opened on xda labs, on a web browser app - so that you can click report button". It doesn't say anything about xda thread links on google search results that are opened on xda labs app. (See post for visuals: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...6/post74071503 )
2. I tried other threads and all of them open on xda labs at the thread page rather than openning only the forum. So in your example the thread link/thread itself could be the problem.
3. I think it is not correct to continue this discussion on requests to moderators and admins thread. This should go to XDA Labs thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and.../labs-t3241866

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
3rd February 2020, 09:53 PM |#3417  
Flag Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 3,032

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

1. I think you missed the point of that post. It says to "view the thread that is already opened on xda labs, on a web browser app - so that you can click report button". It doesn't say anything about xda thread links on google search results that are opened on xda labs app. (See post for visuals: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...6/post74071503 )
2. I tried other threads and all of them open on xda labs at the thread page rather than openning only the forum. So in your example the thread link/thread itself could be the problem.
3. I think it is not correct to continue this discussion on requests to moderators and admins thread. This should go to XDA Labs thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and.../labs-t3241866

After reading through the conversation, I did miss the point, I apologize for that. I don't use XDA labs, but this is still an issue with the regular app.

3rd February 2020, 10:05 PM |#3418  
Flag Jena
Thanks Meter: 13,736

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtoZ0to9

After reading through the conversation, I did miss the point, I apologize for that. I don't use XDA labs, but this is still an issue with the regular app.

As I said, the discussion belongs to NOT this thread.

The app that you use is just playstore version of XDA Labs. You should have known that. Please continue discussion on the link I posted in previous post

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)