FORUMS

[CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root

11,421 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,221

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 8th November 2012, 07:19 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
14th September 2017, 05:30 PM |#2131  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relyt2012

So why is there a cf autoroot for the j3 prime (2017) j327t1 on chainfires website, if it doesn't work?

You might want to asked him that and not me. Neither one of my J3s worked and my J7 isnt working either. Maybe @Chainfire can give some info?
14th September 2017, 05:56 PM |#2132  
Thanks Meter: 149

Donate to Me
More
I sent a message to @Chainfire about the zip
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Relyt2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Relyt2012 Ad-Free
15th September 2017, 02:56 AM |#2133  
Flag ★ ♥ Biskra ♥
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinG Of PiraTeS

Hello !
Chainfire ( Life savior ) ^_^
I've updated my Galaxy S4 "I9505" to latest firmware build date : Sat, 25 Feb 2017 03:19:43 +0000
the problem that it can not be rooted With CF-Root or any other rooting tools
I have tried Flashfire to keep the SU from the old to the new Build the same issue >_<
I decided to download another Firmware ( I9505XXSHQB1 ) the same problem cannot be rooted

I will upload to you the "Recovery.img" from the firmware file as you mentioned in your website :
-----
ANDROID VERSION
When newer firmwares are released for a certain device, sometimes that firmware includes new bootloaders that prevent kernels based on the old firmwares from booting. This usually coincides with a transition to a newer Android version. In that case, the CF-Auto-Root for download here may no longer work - flashing or booting might fail. It is too much work for me to keep track of all these firmwares, so if you encounter this issue, it is up to you to submit the recovery.img file from the latest firmware for your device to the CF-Auto-Root thread on XDA-Developers.com.

To be clear, just because you have a newer Android version than listed here, does NOT mean the CF-Auto-Root will not work - there's a good chance that it will!
-----
I've uploaded the "Recovery.img" into a Zip file to bypass XDA Limit size
This is the last log file from Flashfire : https://pastebin.com/4rK7Rr4W
Thankx in advance

I'm Still waiting please !
15th September 2017, 03:18 AM |#2134  
Thanks Meter: 353

Donate to Me
More
If you get a chance, could you check out these for the Korean model Note 8? SM-N950N

recovery: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz4...ew?usp=sharing
boot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...GQyOFBpQU5aa28

I was going to try something stupid like flashing the S8 Plus file since the hardware is basically the same but decided to be patient instead. Definitely need to buy you a beer for the help you've been to me over the years!
15th September 2017, 10:20 AM |#2135  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,816

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviceManagent

You might want to asked him that and not me. Neither one of my J3s worked and my J7 isnt working either. Maybe @Chainfire can give some info?

Hes already explained it time and time again. It even states it on the download page.

Irrespective of whether the device has a locked bootloader or not, the process to create a CFautoroot zip is automatic once the recovery image has been supplied.
It clearly states on the download page that cf_autoroot will not work on bootloader locked devices.
15th September 2017, 05:08 PM |#2136  
Flag Randolph, NJ
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Lots of debate on J3 prime forum.. for Android 7, do we need OEM unlock AND unlocked BL (besides uploading our recovery.img here)?
15th September 2017, 08:24 PM |#2137  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,816

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmcho

Lots of debate on J3 prime forum.. for Android 7, do we need OEM unlock AND unlocked BL (besides uploading our recovery.img here)?

J327T/T1/V all have locked bootloaders. No chance of CF-AUTOROOT working.
18th September 2017, 12:08 PM |#2138  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Hello,
i see on your webpage that CF auto root support samsung on5 G5520. but whenever i try to root my device with the said file Odin fails and stops and device shows are red warning tickker saying 'Security Check Fail : Cache'.
i am using odin 3.12.4 and usiing this file for samsung on5 g5520 running marshmallow stock rom with google play enabled. ( i got this rom from a veitname developer since the original rom doesn't support google play)

Please help and pardon me for posting it in a wrong section, if that may the case be.

regards,
wasim
The Following User Says Thank You to Wasim625 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wasim625 Ad-Free
18th September 2017, 03:29 PM |#2139  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 324

More
Root for Galaxy OnMax please
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zulfi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zulfi Ad-Free
19th September 2017, 07:24 PM |#2140  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 88,221

Donate to Me
More
This CF-Auto-Root thread has been superseded by the firmware.mobi thread:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-mobi-t3675896
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread