FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Alcatel OT-997D Root and Rom development

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By sibigr, Junior Member on 9th November 2012, 08:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does anyone know any root procedure for the Alcatel OT-997D?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sibigr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sibigr Ad-Free
 
 
9th November 2012, 05:24 PM |#2  
Member
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
root
The same goes for me, i like to know how to root my alcatel 997D, i saw a topic of the 993, one reply of a guy that had he's 997D rooted the same way, i tried it, but it doesnt work with me ...

anyone?

if you found a way, pls make a post with the ecaxt steps you did, so we can do the same?
10th November 2012, 09:22 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Root
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin-sips

The same goes for me, i like to know how to root my alcatel 997D, i saw a topic of the 993, one reply of a guy that had he's 997D rooted the same way, i tried it, but it doesnt work with me ...

anyone?

if you found a way, pls make a post with the ecaxt steps you did, so we can do the same?

this method and the 993D has stopped working after a kernel upgrade, try this this way, if the last time out, then and now should.
Sorry for translate.google

1. download the utility unlockbootloader.rar
2. Unzip to your C drive
3. Run and choose unlockbootloader.exe ROOT Your Background
4. Wait for all operations. Console appears that self-close after the completion of the process of obtaining mouth
5. Download and install SuperSU
10th November 2012, 10:37 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72angel86

this method and the 993D has stopped working after a kernel upgrade, try this this way, if the last time out, then and now should.
Sorry for translate.google

1. download the utility Attachment 1470947
2. Unzip to your C drive
3. Run and choose unlockbootloader.exe ROOT Your Background
4. Wait for all operations. Console appears that self-close after the completion of the process of obtaining mouth
5. Download and install SuperSU

I downloaded this file but Avira detects it as a trojan. Is it safe?
10th November 2012, 03:37 PM |#5  
Member
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
root
this does not work for me, anyone else?

regards,

Robin
10th November 2012, 04:06 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
unlockbootloader.rar is not working
10th November 2012, 04:13 PM |#7  
Klaasv00k's Avatar
Member
Flag Apeldoorn
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
After the update IT does not work any more so i dont have root Any more

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk
10th November 2012, 05:07 PM |#8  
Member
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaasv00k

After the update IT does not work any more so i dont have root Any more

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk

ok this is my problem to, ive updated the phone right of the store so no way to get root on my phone, thats to bad, any way to go back to stock?
10th November 2012, 05:07 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaasv00k

After the update IT does not work any more so i dont have root Any more

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk

As I can see from your other posts you rooted the 997D with the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15 solution. After that you did the system firmware update and you don't have root anymore?

I also updated the firmware of my 997D through my phone settings/about phone/system updates/check for update and after that I first tried to root my phone with the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15 utility and it didn't work.

Is there any way to rollback our firmware?
10th November 2012, 07:31 PM |#10  
Member
Flag guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibigr

As I can see from your other posts you rooted the 997D with the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15 solution. After that you did the system firmware update and you don't have root anymore?

I also updated the firmware of my 997D through my phone settings/about phone/system updates/check for update and after that I first tried to root my phone with the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15 utility and it didn't work.

Is there any way to rollback our firmware?

i have the 997A and can root it with restore, but i update software and i cant root it any more
11th November 2012, 07:55 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanobyte109

unlockbootloader.rar is not working

Before running unlockbootloader try to disable antivirus, and run as administrator.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes