FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xperia tablet S shuts down watching HD movie

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By tyshone, Junior Member on 9th November 2012, 03:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have experienced the tablet shutting down when I am watching a HD video on Youtube or locally from the device. It does not always happen but what is consistent is it always happens when the video begins to drop pixels. For whatever reason If the video begins to degrade, the application locks up and the tablet shuts down. Anyone else experiencing this issue and have a fix?

9th November 2012, 06:35 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Happens to me only when I'm watching videos on youtube, when I plug my tablet into the tv using the HDMI adaptor, and overnight when I wake up and its turned off. Other than that I don't get any shutdowns from general use at school, on pretty much all day taking notes browsing the web and movies/music.

Sent from my SGPT12 using xda app-developers app
10th November 2012, 01:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
They samething happens to me on my tablet, I found it annoying so i sent it back to see if they can fix it. I honestly thought i was the only one but i guess not.
10th November 2012, 06:07 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xultix

They samething happens to me on my tablet, I found it annoying so i sent it back to see if they can fix it. I honestly thought i was the only one but i guess not.

Please keep us posted on your outcome. Hopefully, they resolve the issue.
10th November 2012, 11:11 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
I also get the same downgraded video quality and dropped pixels followed by a shutdown. Its so annoying and frustrating!!
12th November 2012, 01:00 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It happens to my tablet every once and a while also. Sometimes the sound will hang for a few seconds too.
14th November 2012, 10:00 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I have the issue also. I am getting more and more tired of this thing..

14th November 2012, 11:45 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raedek

I have the issue also. I am getting more and more tired of this thing..

I too am growing more frustrated. Rather than shutting down, it would be better if the app just crashed. Maybe the problem will be addressed in the JB update.
The Following User Says Thank You to tyshone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tyshone Ad-Free
15th November 2012, 06:29 AM |#9  

More
True. That could be the case. Hope so. Also I have experienced the youtube app itself to be quite buggy on this device, at least until the latest update. Now it seems to be running ok..

16th November 2012, 12:58 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyshone

I too am growing more frustrated. Rather than shutting down, it would be better if the app just crashed. Maybe the problem will be addressed in the JB update.

I wonder when we'll see the JB update! No leaks or any news on that. So much for Sony claiming it will be out shortly after launch. Oh well.
16th November 2012, 11:55 AM |#11  

More
Also waiting patiently on the JB update. Hopefully it ll clear up the worst bugs, and maybe even improve optimization. So far, I get 6 hours of normal web browsing on lowest brightness possible. Seems quite a bit far from what they promise, and also what many reviewers claim. Allthough very mixed opinions on the battery life. Also it takes more than 9 hours to recharge from zero. Sony says 5.. :/ anyone else experience these lack of power management? Think i might go to the shop for a new one, if they agree, that the battery is somehow faulty..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)