FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

System and user apps accidentally frozen

103 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By mozXegX, Senior Member on 16th March 2012, 07:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
READ AT THE END OF THIS POST FOR THE SOLUTION

I accidentally used Titanium Backup's widget to frost all system and user apps, leaving mi phone in a infinite boot animation loop. I dont have aNandroid Backup and I would really love to solve this issue without flashing.

I found at Titanium Backup's troubleshooting webpage that I could use this command with adb to solve my issue:
Code:
Type the following command (replace with /dbdata/system/packages.xml if you have a Samsung phone):
busybox sed -n 's/<package name="\([^"]\+\)".*enabled="false".*/\1/p' /data/system/packages.xml | while read PKG; do pm enable "$PKG"; done
but it just says: No such file or directory (yes, I changed /data to /dbdata as stated in the webpage)

Any idea on how to solve this issue?
Thank you!

**EDIT:
This is the way I managed to get my phone working again without having to flash or wipe:

1. Boot in recovery mode and used adb pull command to extract "packages.xml" and "packages-more-backup.xml" from /data/system/
2. Open both files with Wordpad and replaced all protection="2" or "3" lines to protection="1".
3. Also, and very important, replaced all enabled="false" lines to enabled="true"
4. Boot in recovery again and used adb to delete old "packages.xml" and "packages-more-backup.xml" files and push the new ones.
5. Reboot and Voila!
6. Boot once again in recovery mode and fix permissions to avoid any problem.

Hope that this could be usefull to someone else having this horrible problem.
Thank you all!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mozXegX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mozXegX Ad-Free

16th March 2012, 07:16 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Checked for that file on my phone, it doesn't exist in /dbdata/system/, but it does in /data/system/
16th March 2012, 07:17 PM |#3  
Flag willard
Thanks Meter: 21

More
It's probably fixable from the command line with Linux but that is over my head, one option would be to Odin or heimdel back to stock, and start from scratch. You might need a jig to get into dlmode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
16th March 2012, 07:18 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Managua

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitox.n2o

Checked for that file on my phone, it doesn't exist in /dbdata/system/, but it does in /data/system/

I tried with /data too but same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow65781

It's probably fixable from the command line with Linux but that is over my head, one option would be to Odin or heimdel back to stock, and start from scratch. You might need a jig to get into dlmode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

I know I could do that but I would really like to restore my system as it was
17th March 2012, 01:33 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Managua

Donate to Me
More
Help please
17th March 2012, 07:02 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,167

More
I wonder what would happen if you removed the app (its apk) via adb from /data/app. Would it retain the freeze settings? Something to consider trying.
17th March 2012, 01:17 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
This happened to me. I reflashed the ROM without wiping and all was back to normal

Sent from my FrankenTAB using Tapatalk
17th March 2012, 05:39 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Managua

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba501

I wonder what would happen if you removed the app (its apk) via adb from /data/app. Would it retain the freeze settings? Something to consider trying.

Pretty sure that's not gonna work because the frozen apps settings are at packages.xml file, but I can't access it I don't know why
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhermit

This happened to me. I reflashed the ROM without wiping and all was back to normal

Sent from my FrankenTAB using Tapatalk

I tried doing that right now but it didn't worked
4th May 2013, 02:52 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I got a little too punchy with titanium on my 3 year old original Galaxy tab 7 and froze a samsung system app. Got irreversibly stuck is soft brickland - Tried various methods before giving up and hitting the wipe and reset to factory restore in the system recovery mode. Everything was backed up except recent photos, so it was more annoying than the end of the world.
Odd thing was when it reset to factory, it appeared to do just that, yet when I plugged it into PC and mounted it - the memory was full and all my files and app data files were there - untouched. The apps themselves have gone except one - Superuser is still there, Does Superuser somehow override being reset? and act as a guardian of your data in the event of reset?
Odd. I was expecting to run some file recovery software to a salvage what i could, but viola - it was all there.
4th May 2013, 05:05 PM |#10  
Flag Northport, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,369

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokuchi

I got a little too punchy with titanium on my 3 year old original Galaxy tab 7 and froze a samsung system app. Got irreversibly stuck is soft brickland - Tried various methods before giving up and hitting the wipe and reset to factory restore in the system recovery mode. Everything was backed up except recent photos, so it was more annoying than the end of the world.
Odd thing was when it reset to factory, it appeared to do just that, yet when I plugged it into PC and mounted it - the memory was full and all my files and app data files were there - untouched. The apps themselves have gone except one - Superuser is still there, Does Superuser somehow override being reset? and act as a guardian of your data in the event of reset?
Odd. I was expecting to run some file recovery software to a salvage what i could, but viola - it was all there.

Wrong forum dude

Sent from my Zanpakuto using Getsuga Tensho!
13th October 2013, 07:04 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3,235

More
<deleted>
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps, backup, frozen, tibu, titanium

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)