FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

SOLVED: Internal SD Card not mounting?

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By yj121, Senior Member on 28th March 2013, 06:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Title says it all. my internal sd card isnt showing up and i cannot view/use any files on my phone that i have saved or view any pictures. please help me. i need a fix.

Edit: Solved

28th March 2013, 06:58 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,857

Donate to Me
More
Re: Internal SD Card not mounting?
So you thought creating another thread with exactly the same problem was going to speed things along?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to Pirateghost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pirateghost Ad-Free
28th March 2013, 07:43 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

So you thought creating another thread with exactly the same problem was going to speed things along?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

lol yes
28th March 2013, 07:43 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
keep this one, remove the other one (idk how to)
29th March 2013, 03:22 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 459

More
Without any basic info, I would just simply suggest you to do a reflash, a clean installation, start from scratch.
The Following User Says Thank You to votinh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift votinh Ad-Free
29th March 2013, 06:28 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Re: Internal SD Card not mounting?
Well I'm on the slimbean rom 4.2.2 build 2.5
Current, when I go to storage, it says that I have only 1.97gb of internal storage when I should really have 11gb.
I'm running stweaks with the ajk "everything works" kernel
In storage, there is a category called "USB STORAGE" under it, it says Mount SD Card but it's greyed out. And then it says "insert an SD card for mounting" meaning that my phone doesn't even think I have an internal SD card.
In CWM, of I try to Mount SD card, of doesn't let me and if I retry to format SD card, it doesn't let me

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
29th March 2013, 07:08 PM |#7  
Flag Fairbanks, Alaska
Thanks Meter: 6

More
This happened to me once. I removed the card and put in my PC then copied all the data off as a backup. I reformatted the card and then when I put it back into my phone it mounted great. I then went back and moved all the data back via USB.
The Following User Says Thank You to M8tor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M8tor Ad-Free
29th March 2013, 07:33 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3,284

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yj121

Well I'm on the slimbean rom 4.2.2 build 2.5
Current, when I go to storage, it says that I have only 1.97gb of internal storage when I should really have 11gb.
I'm running stweaks with the ajk "everything works" kernel
In storage, there is a category called "USB STORAGE" under it, it says Mount SD Card but it's greyed out. And then it says "insert an SD card for mounting" meaning that my phone doesn't even think I have an internal SD card.
In CWM, of I try to Mount SD card, of doesn't let me and if I retry to format SD card, it doesn't let me

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

USB storage would be the internal memory, or internal sd card if you prefer, and SD card would be the external sd card which you must insert first before you can mount. If you will look again, you will probably see that it says device memory is 1.97 gb total space with usually 1.something gb still available. I don't know your rom and kernel real well, but maybe device memory is called internal storage? USB storage should say something like 11.36 gb total space.

So if the USB storage is not being recognized then the problem could be either hardware or firmware related. So did you flash back to stock, or reflash your rom or another rom? That would be the first step of troubleshooting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift creepyncrawly Ad-Free
29th March 2013, 07:33 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
you formatted your external sd card to do this?
29th March 2013, 07:36 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Prompt Researching...
so i did some more looking around on the forums today and found out that there is a way to get back your internal sd card by running these commands
i opened up terminal emulator and ran these commands that i saw on another forum:
su
echo mkdir /storage/sdcard0 > /data/local/userinit.sh
chmod 700 /data/local/userinit.sh
reboot

apparently, after the reboot, your phone is supposed to have mounted the internal sd card manually.
however after trying this method twice and rebooting, i still have the same error and my sd card has yet to be mounted
The Following User Says Thank You to yj121 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yj121 Ad-Free
29th March 2013, 07:39 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly

USB storage would be the internal memory, or internal sd card if you prefer, and SD card would be the external sd card which you must insert first before you can mount. If you will look again, you will probably see that it says device memory is 1.97 gb total space with usually 1.something gb still available. I don't know your rom and kernel real well, but maybe device memory is called internal storage? USB storage should say something like 11.36 gb total space.

nope, all it says is that internal storage total space = 1.97gb
SD card stoage space (external sd card) = 3.68gb (this is true becasue i have a 4gb external sd card)
theres nothing that says 11.36gb free total space
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)