The scope of this thread is ONLY to discuss about SP Flashtool program
- How to use Flashtool
- Report Flashtool errors and how to fix it.
Any other issues not related about Flashtool and its use should be posted in other specific thread.
Please DON'T discuss here about specific device issues like
- Where find ROM for a device
- How to fix problem on device
- Flash Tool hardware compatibily
SP Flash Tool are for Smartphone products
Mediatek MT62xx Familiy chips
Mediatek MT65xx Familiy chips
Mediatek MT67xx Familiy chips
- Support resources
Flashtool - 4PDA russian forum
SP FlashTool ||MTK Android FLASHER (xda)
Mediatek - Flash Tool - Info (mtk2000.ucoz.ru)
- Mediatek USB/ADB driver
To use Flashtool you should have installer Mediatek USB preloader driver.
There are two types of USB driver for Mediatek devices.
- ADB USB driver for device working and switched on.
- Preloader USB driver to flash the device that is switched off.
To use Flashtool, in the PC should be already installed the USB Mediatek Preloader driver.
This the latest version of Mediatek driver.
This is the all-in.one driver (include both USB ADB & preloader driver).
Is not required to disable driver sign in Windows.
The driver is compatible with all 32/64bit Windows OS's (from Windows XP to Windows 10).
USB driver Mediatek (ADB/preloader) v. 5.1632 - Auto installer
How to install the USB ADB/Preloader driver
- Disconnect the device from the PC.
- Download and decompress the archive.
- Run the exe installer file (decompressed from archive) as administrator (right click -> Run as administrator).
- Follow the instruction on video and wait the end of installation
- At the end of installation close the installer and reboot the PC.
- Now the drivers are available for flash.
- Flashtool version
The new version 5.xx include the support of new 64bit Mediatek CPU (MT67xx - ex. MT6732/MT6752/etc)
The new version 5.xx are also compatible with 32bit Mediatek CPU (MT65xx - ex. MT6582/6589/6592) and new 64bit Mediatek CPU (MT67xx - es. MT6732/MT67527etc).
Flashtool v. 5.x fixed a critical bug about SP Flash Tool 3.x where the SP Flashtool reads incorrectly the scatter file of some new mobile based on MTK6582 (error: recovery partition is not flashable).
- Windows version
Latest version - 5.1916
SP Flash Tool v. 5.1916 for Windows
- Linux 64bit
Latest version: 5.1916
SP Flash Tool v. 5.1916 for Linux (64bit)
Flashtool for Linux - How to install
- SP Flash Tool archive mirror sites
SP Flashtool for Windows and Linux (spflashtools.com)
- "PMT Changed" error
If you get an error like "PMT Changed" (it means that partition scheme of current ROM and new ROM are different) and are you sure that the ROM is specific for your device you can use a special version of Flashtool 3.xx that bypass this error.
SP Flash Toolv. 3.1313 mod
- Direct Memory Write
To bypass a "PMT changed" error (it means that the partition scheme described in the scatter of the new ROM is different than the ROM installed) there are two ways
- If you have to flash the whole flash you can select in Flashtool the FIRWARE UPGRADE mode.
- If you have to flash single module/partition you can use Direct Memory Write
Direct Memory Write Info - post 713
Direct Memory Write Info - post 922
Direct Memory Write Info - Other thread