FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Custom SMS Tone on WP8?

1,546 posts
Thanks Meter: 292

By crawlgsx, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 03:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
WP8 gives you the option to change SMS, email, etc tone, but I want to use my own sound. Anyone know if this is possible on WP8?

15th November 2012, 04:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlgsx

WP8 gives you the option to change SMS, email, etc tone, but I want to use my own sound. Anyone know if this is possible on WP8?

would like to know as well. Thanks!
15th November 2012, 09:38 PM |#3  
Flag Molalla, OR
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Unfortunately no. You can only use custom ringtones. Txt, voicemail and Email have to use one of the canned tones. That and the ability to not have unread text or voicemail repeat notifications. My phone is also my pager and when on call, I need this to go off mored than once to wake me up most times. I'm hoping to find an app to address this but for now, these are about the only things I really find annoying about the phone.
20th November 2012, 03:33 AM |#4  
Flag Molalla, OR

More
Returning for Android
Well after searching for an app to allow custom tones for messages, etc to no avail, I've decided to return the phone and go back to Android. Not only are the options there but there are also better apps such as SMS Popup which I can't live without when my on-call rotation comes around again.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeedleRat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NeedleRat Ad-Free
20th November 2012, 07:49 AM |#5  
Flag Frankfurt, Germany
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedleRat

Well after searching for an app to allow custom tones for messages, etc to no avail, I've decided to return the phone and go back to Android. Not only are the options there but there are also better apps such as SMS Popup which I can't live without when my on-call rotation comes around again.

Never really understood the need for this, as long as it makes a sound I am good But I guess thats a personal choice to make. Good luck with Android
20th November 2012, 08:50 PM |#6  
Flag Molalla, OR

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilcase

Never really understood the need for this, as long as it makes a sound I am good But I guess thats a personal choice to make. Good luck with Android

Simple, my phone is also my pager and when I am on-call for ~ 2,000 Windows servers, if something goes wrong, I need those pages to wake me up. Something the stock one-time-only tones won't do. I know I'll do well with Android, used it for a few years but had hopes for WP8. Perhaps future uprades will provide basic functions/features Andoird and to some extent Apple offers in their products.
7th April 2013, 08:03 PM |#7  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 110

Donate to Me
More
Still nothing on this? What the F#$k is wrong with MS? Since MS can't or wont' can we get Nokia to do this, I mean they are doin all the work from MS anyway.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...otifications-e
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)