[MOD, ICS] Incredible battery life for ICS ROMs

1,518 posts
Thanks Meter: 738

By itzik2sh, Senior Member on 11th November 2012, 09:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys

Well, after witnessing incredible battery life on latest HebMIUI (mostly taken from Pimp My ROM and Adrenaline Injector), I decided to make a flashable for the rest of the ICS ROMs we have here.
I must say I also use the LB6 modem which is known to give good battery life, so you are advised to install it too, but, it's your call.

I also add here AutomateIt app, which lets you decide what the device will do for certain events (open/close wifi/3G/4G/screen/charge etc.) which you can utilize to save battery life.

links to modem & sources:
SGH-T959W LB6 modem
HebMIUI ROM
PimpMyROM
Adrenaline Injector
AutomateIt

I take no responsibility for any damage claimed.
Tested on MIUI, AOKP.
Make a nandroid backup and flash it via CWM/TWRP.
Let it soak in for 1-2 days and let me know what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: zip batt_mode_v1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.83 MB, 790 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to itzik2sh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itzik2sh Ad-Free
11th November 2012, 03:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 344

More
Does this include the build.prop changes of hebmiui?
11th November 2012, 03:50 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Yes. ROM name was set to Batt_MOD instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to itzik2sh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itzik2sh Ad-Free
11th November 2012, 10:22 PM |#4  
Flag Westminster, California
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Installed on Remics without any issues. Will report back on the battery life in a few days.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
12th November 2012, 12:57 AM |#5  
Flag Bothell
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Installed on aokp, on boot I get a process is not responding. After that it is fine and so far great battery usage.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnadelic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnadelic Ad-Free
12th November 2012, 03:07 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,488

More
i'll try it later.

Currently (CM9 latest rel), Sitting on a desk with full 4G on a 2300 mAh battery, I get about 2-3 days of usage. Plus a few calls and texts.
At school in and out of e, 4g, and deadzone, I get down to ~65%. Then I need to reboot to stabilize or else it will continue to drain at the rate and I'll be dead by the end of the day.

LB6 did nothing for my battery life but I was getting incredibly slow data, so I reverted to KJ4.

I am thinking of padding KC1 and trying it.
12th November 2012, 04:56 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnadelic

Installed on aokp, on boot I get a process is not responding. After that it is fine and so far great battery usage.

Yeah, I also experienced a freezing boot right after flashing on AOKP, but it happens only once & then everything is fine on next reboots.

sent from me
12th November 2012, 08:04 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 344

More
Has anyone figured out how to not make the phones battery drain overnight? For me if I leave it unplugged overnight it goes down around 20-30%. I've heard that you can use the app setcpu to underclock the phone when the screen is off. Has anyone ever tried this with our phone?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app
12th November 2012, 08:52 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hi Pisher

AutomateIt is exactly for this cause. You can set it to close wifi when screen is off on a specific late hour and open when morning comes for example...

Just saw this one as well -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1980889

sent from me
12th November 2012, 08:54 PM |#10  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisherthefisher

Has anyone figured out how to not make the phones battery drain overnight? For me if I leave it unplugged overnight it goes down around 20-30%. I've heard that you can use the app setcpu to underclock the phone when the screen is off. Has anyone ever tried this with our phone?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

Yes, SetCPU has wonderful profile modes!

You'll never regret buying SetCPU!
12th November 2012, 09:18 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Installing lightening zap kernel will revert tweaks offered here. Please consider my previous post suggestions.

sent from me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)