By Learning Never Ends team, Member on 12th November 2012, 12:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th March 2014, 04:42 AM |#191  
Flag In the universe
Thanks Meter: 1,400

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonepharaoh

1st the problem is the roms that mount the cache partition such as sense 4 and 5 roms ... is there a way to edit them to work too
I already have a good recovery
I attached one of the kernels I am having this problem with would you edit it to stop mounting the cache partition

2nd about the rom name I am working on a little project of my own may own
and maybe if it works I will share it

2nd issue: just like Robbie P said.
First issue: you can comment the mount cache line, and i HIGLY RECOMMEND that you checkout ueventd.htcleo.rc. if it has a [email protected] line, comment or delete it. That's what prevents many roms from booting on wm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gilbert32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gilbert32 Ad-Free

9th March 2014, 03:09 AM |#192  
Thanks Meter: 1,280

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert32

2nd issue: just like Robbie P said.
First issue: you can comment the mount cache line, and i HIGLY RECOMMEND that you checkout ueventd.htcleo.rc. if it has a [email protected] line, comment or delete it. That's what prevents many roms from booting on wm

Code:
on fs
# mount mtd partitions
exec /bin/busybox sh -c "/bin/e2fsck -p /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 > /fsck.log"
mkdir /NativeSD
mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /NativeSD wait noatime nodiratime barrier=0
mkdir /NativeSD/primo
mkdir /NativeSD/primo/system
mkdir /NativeSD/primo/data
exec /bin/busybox mount --bind /NativeSD/primo/system /system
exec /bin/busybox mount --bind /NativeSD/primo/data /data
mount yaffs2 [email protected] /mnt/persist nosuid nodev
mount yaffs2 [email protected] /mnt/cache nosuid nodev
mount yaffs2 [email protected] /mnt/persist nosuid nodev
on post-fs
# once everything is setup, no need to modify /
#mount rootfs rootfs / ro remount
Looking at this first off remove / comment out the yaffs2 lines as they aren't doing anything anyway. I believe the persist partition is only on sense roms, not sure of it's purpose so not sure if it's essential. If it is then you should get around it by creating another folder similar to the system and data ones and bind mounting it.
Code:
mkdir /NativeSD/primo/persist
exec /bin/busybox mount --bind /NativeSD/primo/persist /persist
Have a look at patcher in my sig. which patches the ramdisk for you during install and allows for the changing of rom name essentially on the fly.
I don't recall testing it on/with Sense roms and if the issue is this persist partition that can be easily fixed/added. You can run the patcher from a running Android rom so no need to run linux .

(In short the patcher comments the yaff lines from uevent.d and init.rc, adds the nativesd mounts and adds in the desired rom name)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HypoTurtle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HypoTurtle Ad-Free
3rd October 2014, 12:36 PM |#193  
Flag Veroia
Thanks Meter: 0

More
if i have the stock rom 3.14 and 3.03 hspl will i be able to flash android in sd card and have both of them? is the steps from page 1 the same or i have to do something else?
thanks
3rd October 2014, 01:40 PM |#194  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,903

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by didimos

if i have the stock rom 3.14 and 3.03 hspl will i be able to flash android in sd card and have both of them? is the steps from page 1 the same or i have to do something else?
thanks

should be ok. I think some users had some problems with 3.03 on some roms.
Try it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robbie P Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, hd2, htc hd2, native sd, nativesd, windows mobile, wm6.5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)