FORUMS

Prestigio PAP4040 Duo

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By demoncho87, Junior Member on 14th November 2012, 05:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello i am new user from Bulgaria and i have Prestigio PAP4040 Duo with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwitch.Can I flash my phone with the new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and how can i choose the right ROM for my phone.Is the Jelly Bean going well?Sorry for the BAD English.
The Following User Says Thank You to demoncho87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demoncho87 Ad-Free
15th November 2012, 07:45 PM |#2  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have the same device
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoncho87

Hello i am new user from Bulgaria and i have Prestigio PAP4040 Duo with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwitch.Can I flash my phone with the new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and how can i choose the right ROM for my phone.Is the Jelly Bean going well?Sorry for the BAD English.

Phone is very good and cheap. I've been using it for a while. So far no luck rooting or modifying it.
Any helo would be apreciated.

THX
15th November 2012, 09:19 PM |#3  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 4

More
If anyone would like to know, I've managed to root the phone using following "n00b" steps:
1. Step

- download, install and run SuperOneClick v2.3.3.
- make sure you have USB debugging mode on
- plug in USB cable and click root.
- the program will ask you to install drivers.
- install them even if they are not signatured by Microsoft.
- after you installed all the drivers, restart computer

2. Step
- download and install this http://www.4shared.com/dir/RR8GM4vj/_online.html
- run runme.bat
- choose 1) Normal
- follow the instructions
- make sure you hit restore button on your device when prompted
- phone will reboot twice, don't worry

Enjoy your rooted device!!!
Credits to bin4ry for creating the method.

If you like my post, thank me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janjevac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift janjevac Ad-Free
16th November 2012, 03:43 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I have rooted my phone using this Android_4.0.4_mtk6575_Alps.ICS.MP.V2.2_ROOT. It`s easy and i have no problems with it.But I want to change my stock rom with 4.1 Jelly Bean but i don`t know is my phone will run Jelly Bean?
19th November 2012, 08:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
there is no working recovery on 4040 know yet
there isn no working jb or any coustom rom know to me that works on 4040
but if you want you can track update packages while downloading upgrade
and download flash tool drivers service manual and clean stock rom with version 1.0.10 it works much better then stock with upgrade.zip via ota i case off system crash while modding

new info
must say that stock rom with updates was terrible with rom nr PAP4040DUO_20121101_V1.0.10 mine GPS is much better. Before update there was a 64 -70 feet, now take a look gps i worth using

20th November 2012, 06:11 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
When I check for System update there was one and when i download it and run it my phone turn off and go to recovery and starts to install the update but when it goes to 1/3 from 100% it shows some Error in system\media\bootanimation.zip and some ****s after that and can`t install.Do you know why and how i fix it?
20th November 2012, 06:15 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

When I check for System update there was one and when i download it and run it my phone turn off and go to recovery and starts to install the update but when it goes to 1/3 from 100% it shows some Error in system\media\bootanimation.zip and some ****s after that and can`t install.Do you know why and how i fix it?

Every update package via ota have a list of correct checksum of files or a part of it you must put orginal file then do update i had this same error with build.prop with old one update have happy end
20th November 2012, 08:52 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRaven512

Every update package via ota have a list of correct checksum of files or a part of it you must put orginal file then do update i had this same error with build.prop with old one update have happy end

You may right but i don`t have backup of the original bootanimation.zip. I have tried to Reset to factory but with no sucsess.
20th November 2012, 09:01 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

You may right but i don`t have backup of the original bootanimation.zip. I have tried to Reset to factory but with no sucsess.

let see i will upload my own backup off system folder this is a clean clean version off system folder before rooting and any mod, may some time to upload
then take it in safe place and make credits
uploading on this link may take 16 min tu upload
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11070101/system.7z
and this is a file with i have from prestigio server
maunal +drivers + service rom +and software to make a clean phone
here is the link upload may take a while
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11070101/PA...101_V1.0.10.7z
please take all links to a safe server a don want to use my dropbox limit to expire because this are large files and a have a more then one android device and modded firmware which I am sharing
Sorry for my pour english BTW I'm now just a little bit drunk
and this is rooting tool for 4040 which i was using
it also make a bcp of a rom befor mod
make a soft root and bcp and then install root with this tool
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11070101/MTKdroidTools.7z
22nd November 2012, 09:41 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up
Thanks a lot i restore my original rom.THANKS!!!!You are great!
25th November 2012, 09:33 PM |#11  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 40

More
There is cwm ported by Croatian guy. It works I've tested it.

http://translate.google.com/translat...p%3Ft%3D240504
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)