By pawitp, Inactive Recognized Developer on 16th November 2012, 02:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
This is a preview build of Android JellyBean 4.2 from AOSP source code based on the CyaogenMod device tree for Acer A700. I have made this build to gauge how difficult it would be to port JellyBean 4.2 to current devices.

Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/pawitp/android_ke...jellybean-next
Device Tree: None yet available (Only notable part: patch for TinyHAL: https://gist.github.com/4104332)

Downloads
ROM: http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/a700/a700_...2_20121116.zip
Google Apps: Currently integrated due to lack of gapps package for 4.2
SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/282/Sup...erSU-v0.98.zip (Currently, only SuperSU is compatible with 4.2)

Installation
Note: due to new /data/media layout in 4.2 for multiple user support, your data in /data/media (/sdcard) will be moved to /data/media/0. This may cause problems in restoring backups in recovery, you may fix it by moving data /data/media/0 back to /data/media via adb in recover prior to restoring data.
  1. Install CWM recovery from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1791165
  2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  3. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
  4. Optionally install the Google Addon
  5. Wipe data if coming from stock

Known Issues
  • Camera does not work
  • Bluetooth sometimes freezes bringing down Wi-Fi with it

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Note that this is a preview release and non-device specific bugs will not be accepted. The development of this preview will also cease once enough progress has been made in CyanogenMod.
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pawitp Ad-Free
16th November 2012, 04:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
gonna grab this later
The Following User Says Thank You to SiL3nTKiLL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SiL3nTKiLL Ad-Free
17th November 2012, 12:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Wow! This ROM is awesome. Please make it more stable. And the Performance is not so good as other ROMs.

Webitu
17th November 2012, 01:27 PM |#4  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 21,367

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webitu

Wow! This ROM is awesome. Please make it more stable. And the Performance is not so good as other ROMs.

Webitu

For stability: Please report crashes as mentioned in the OP, without logs, there'd be no way to know what broke.
For performance: Please report where and how performance differs.

Note that generic "please make this better" report do not help, please be more specific.
The Following User Says Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pawitp Ad-Free
17th November 2012, 01:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Runs so far, unfortunately I can not get a wifi connection. 'm Back to 4.1 back.
17th November 2012, 01:51 PM |#6  
Flag Bangkok

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooox1

Runs so far, unfortunately I can not get a wifi connection. 'm Back to 4.1 back.

Next time, please get a logcat.
The Following User Says Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pawitp Ad-Free
17th November 2012, 01:58 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawitp

For stability: Please report crashes as mentioned in the OP, without logs, there'd be no way to know what broke.
For performance: Please report where and how performance differs.

Note that generic "please make this better" report do not help, please be more specific.

Okay sorry. The launcher laggs sometimes and the Antutu benchmark results are not really good.
The GPU test results are 967 points. (3D = 674, 2D = 293)

The fps are 31. In the stock ROM i had 42 fps i think.

And i havn´t any crashes but it seems like its a little bit unstable but it can be also the apps who are not official for 4.2

But very good work!

Sorry for my bad English.

Webitu
17th November 2012, 02:28 PM |#8  
Flag Bangkok

More
The graphic issue can't really be helped, Android 4.2 requires new graphic drivers and the current binaries used are optimized for the Nexus 7. As there are closed-source binaries, there is no way to modify them. The situation may change in the future as compatibility layers are introduced or new drivers are released.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pawitp Ad-Free
17th November 2012, 02:43 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawitp

The graphic issue can't really be helped, Android 4.2 requires new graphic drivers and the current binaries used are optimized for the Nexus 7. As there are closed-source binaries, there is no way to modify them. The situation may change in the future as compatibility layers are introduced or new drivers are released.

Okay thank you. I already thought so. Hopely Acer brings a new Update with 4.2

Webitu
10th December 2012, 07:26 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Nvidia is the same xxx as samsung (
11th December 2012, 07:13 PM |#11  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is A701 supported?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread