FORUMS

Settings/Developer Options Are Hidden--How to Find Them

8,870 posts
Thanks Meter: 17,225

By Woody, Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat, neck deep in Nyssa al Ghul on 16th November 2012, 08:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I was reading a blog outside of XDA (yes that is right, I do read other sites) and came across this interesting thing that I thought I would share. Plus this is a pre-emptvie strike against all the spawn threads popping up asking this.

In previous Android builds the Developer Options was in Settings>scroll to near bottom and there is was. Now in 4.2, that setting is gone. Well not really. It IS gone from plain sight, but it is still there. Seem those crafty OS builders decided to hide it from you.

All you have to do is go to Settings>About Phone/Tablet (this is for N4 and updated N7 too) and click on the Build Number a few times --->[Think about when you are mashing the screen to find the Easter Egg. It is similar to this]. It should start counting down. Repeat the process until it states, "You are now a developer". Then you can back out to the main page of Settings and your Developer Options should now be there.

Please note, I said Build Number and NOT Android Version

Good Luck and Happy Developing
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Woody Ad-Free
10th April 2013, 10:02 AM |#2  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 378

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody

So I was reading a blog outside of XDA (yes that is right, I do read other sites) and came across this interesting thing that I thought I would share. Plus this is a pre-emptvie strike against all the spawn threads popping up asking this.

In previous Android builds the Developer Options was in Settings>scroll to near bottom and there is was. Now in 4.2, that setting is gone. Well not really. It IS gone from plain sight, but it is still there. Seem those crafty OS builders decided to hide it from you.

All you have to do is go to Settings>About Phone/Tablet (this is for N4 and updated N7 too) and click on the Build Number a few times --->[Think about when you are mashing the screen to find the Easter Egg. It is similar to this]. It should start counting down. Repeat the process until it states, "You are now a developer". Then you can back out to the main page of Settings and your Developer Options should now be there.

Please note, I said Build Number and NOT Android Version

Good Luck and Happy Developing

I Had found it my self the first time i used cm10.1 without any ones help
The Following User Says Thank You to iamashwin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamashwin Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)