FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Odin can't detect download mode.

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By hehsusss, Junior Member on 24th November 2012, 05:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I already tried reading most of the threads about this problem but sadly I wasn't able to find the answer to my problem. I just recently reformatted my computer and thought that I want to return to stock ROM for now. But when I entered download mode and plugged the cable in, Odin cannot detect the phone.

I got frustrated after trying so I restarted my phone without disconnecting the cable. When the phone booted up normally, Odin was able to detect the phone, so I tried download mode again, nothing, now I tried recovery mode, detected.

I already tried:
- Installing Kies
- Installing just the drivers
- Trying debug on/off

Also, I've been having problems with "Samsung Mobile USB Modem" "An error occurred during the installation of the device. The required section was not found in the INF." Could this be the cause of the first problem?

Yes I just made this account to ask you guys this.

24th November 2012, 06:59 PM |#2  
Flag davao city
Thanks Meter: 190

More
try new version odin search at caliban666 thread,if im not wrong he post a new version of odin.try installing a new samsung driver at dokys thread.i hope this will help u...
24th November 2012, 08:58 PM |#3  
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 265

More
Try installing the drivers again..
If possible download them again..

**rooting is new for me...and i am noob to root...**
24th November 2012, 10:34 PM |#4  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 37

More
So only the download mode that isn't detected by odin? I have the same problem before. Here, when you go into download mode but odin doesn't detect your phone, press the power button until your phone turns black and don't let it to reboot. If your phone already turns black then go into download mode again (volume down+power+home). Odin should detect it.

For your 2nd problem, here you can download the samsung usb driver pack, I also experienced that after installing kies then "an error occured blabla". Driver here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=11498043

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to DennisFrea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DennisFrea Ad-Free
25th November 2012, 05:35 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No luck.

I just tried the new Odin and installed the new Samsung drivers.
It's still the same for both problems.

- can't detect phone in download mode but it can detect the phone in normal and recovery mode.
- samsung mobile USB modem error still persists
25th November 2012, 08:34 AM |#6  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 16,185

Donate to Me
More
Your os must be corrupted!!! I

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium
25th November 2012, 08:22 PM |#7  
Flag delhi

More
Try this...
Install drivers again...
*Dont connect ur usb now*

Now go to download.mode...
*now connect ur pc with ur phone via usb...*
Wait for a min...
Now press up...
Maybe this help

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to menewtoroot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift menewtoroot Ad-Free
28th November 2013, 05:02 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Talking AMAZING...
Quote:
Originally Posted by menewtoroot

Try this...
Install drivers again...
*Dont connect ur usb now*

Now go to download.mode...
*now connect ur pc with ur phone via usb...*
Wait for a min...
Now press up...
Maybe this help

thanks for your help...your the best....now odin can detect my s6102.....KEN from PHILIPPINES
3rd December 2013, 04:34 AM |#9  
Flag delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnehk02

thanks for your help...your the best....now odin can detect my s6102.....KEN from PHILIPPINES

well.. u can rather press it ... :P
anyways.. dn't thnk me.. thnk to the creator of odin... android... savie for packages... nd others... (sry if i 4gt someones name)
9th April 2014, 02:17 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi....my phone get detected by odin wen it is switched off nd connected to p.c but not in download mode. I soft bricked my device nd really need to use odin...can any1 help...it only stops gettng detected in download mode...shows 0003 added nd ol wen switched off
9th April 2014, 08:27 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnz

Hi....my phone get detected by odin wen it is switched off nd connected to p.c but not in download mode. I soft bricked my device nd really need to use odin...can any1 help...it only stops gettng detected in download mode...shows 0003 added nd ol wen switched off

try this - maybe work . reinstall your usb samsung driver - restart you pc/laptop - put you phone to download mod (dont continue yet) - if you on pc put you usb cable at rear port not front - then connect you usb to phone - wait 30 second - and continue you phone to download mod . if still not show - put out you usb cable from phone - off and back to download mod without usb cable - wait then connect you usb cable . im got same problem as you before - and try use another usb cable .

Sent from my GT-S5360
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)