More
i need the stock rom
26th February 2018, 01:48 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrosmenidi13

i need the stock rom

G'day --- I'm here too many years too late really, and these alcatel T10 7" tablets are old & nearly useless devices, considering how far the technology has come since 2012/13. Still, that's no reason not to add more info to a thread such as this, because it appears to me there more than one version of this tablet. You can get a lot of preliminary info from the device's FCC ID, so searching there is sometimes a worthwhile adventure....

.....myself being in Australia, the T10 had a specific .AU market release model -- 'T10-A8JCAU1' ; I've also heard of these tablets being designated '007' but such ID on mine reads 0700. Afaict, the FCC ID remains the same for all variants, that is 'RAD 289' and so you'll find info, schematics etc there... ; I am unsure if the hardware used for each variant is identical...ie; different chips used etc....

...the first problem I had, is the reported SoC version doesn't tally -- in apps like CPU-Z it's identified as an RK2928, however Rockchip tables are saying this specific SoC version should have the mali400 GPU, whereas what I have here is the Vivande GC800. Moreover, using the RKAndroid factory toolset (v1.35), the CPU is identified as RK2929, which again doesn't seem to exist in any official tables. Once you get the RF shield off and use your eyeballs, 'RK2918' is printed on the SoC . Go figure....

...after this device, Alcatel released the 'Evo7' tablet (*not* the Evo7HD) ~ this model is largely the same except for gpu core and resolution (but I think they dropped the HDMI transmitter?..not sure..)....

...the rest of the hardware -- wifi/bt is provided by the rtl8188cus .... as in a cheap wifi module board ex ebay..., soldered onto the T10 PCB ....this is a USB->WIFI bridge arrangment, so the MCU interface is hoisted over USB. You'll find this module easy enough onboard -- note that adjacent to that, are 'rx/tx' pads which (I'm hoping) present the a uart to the u-boot shell.....because yes, it's sort of bricked now....sort of...

The rest of the hardware.....
3-Axis Accelerometer == MMA7660fc ..... (non genuine)
RTC == Hynix 8563
LiPo charge/management IC == LP28300
Audio Codec/Amp == Alc5631
Touchscreen controller == Ft5306
HDMI bridge/transmitter == ANX7150
DRAM == SK hynix H5TQ2G83CFR
NAND == Mircron 29F32G08CBACA

full device BOM -> ( have the link. but need 10 post here to include it)

Android device interfaces;

'device' == USB_ID -- 1bbb:016e T & A Mobile Phones [may display in other OS's as 'TCT Mobile'] -- [USB ID pertains to 'Alcatel One Touch L100V' ...which is a USB stick, not a tablet]

'recovery' == USB_ID -- 18d1:d001 Google Inc. [Nexus 4 tablet] (presents after 'adb reboot recovery')

'bootloader' == USB_ID -- 2207:290A RK flash interface [custom, no fastboot] (presents after 'adb reboot bootloader')

notes:
OEM kernel loads 2 tainting modules

wlan 848 0 - Live 0xbf062000
rk29xxnand_ko 347100 0 - Live 0xbf000000 (P)

'pascal2' kernel crashes & ooops around rk29xxnand rendering all mtdblock devices inaccessible there after

...things went south here-after trying to remedy the nand problem above, and device now appears rather bricked (although the terminal uart may still be active and/or sdcard loading via Update.zip may still be functional ... things I have to check)....

..I did dump the mtd partitions beforehand, so I have the OEM stuffs on disk, however I'm unsure if they are of use to other devices claiming to be based on the same HW (at least 6 different device constructs I've come across so far)....

Mostly I'm recording this here for reference, and may return should I recover the device.

Salute!

ps: I use linux exclusively, I cannot help anyone using another host OS

edit: if you corrupt the active bootloader, you will see via dmesg ;

usb 4-5: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-pci

...and that is all - device will enumerate, but no interface is presented -- to fix ;

*disassemble device, removing RF shield top covering SoC/NAND & friends
*check that NAND chip matches detail above [29F32G08CBACA]
*plug in USB cable, short pins 8 & 9 on NAND chip
*power on device, maskrom should be active & load bootloader driver

usb 4-5: New USB device found, idVendor=2207, idProduct=290a
usb 4-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0

...and now the fun can continue -- Rockchip flash interface working again.... =)
28th February 2018, 01:51 AM |#143  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_clam

edit: if you corrupt the active bootloader, you will see via dmesg ;

usb 4-5: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-pci

...and that is all - device will enumerate, but no interface is presented -- to fix ;

*disassemble device, removing RF shield top covering SoC/NAND & friends
*check that NAND chip matches detail above [29F32G08CBACA]
*plug in USB cable, short pins 8 & 9 on NAND chip
*power on device, maskrom should be active & load bootloader driver

usb 4-5: New USB device found, idVendor=2207, idProduct=290a
usb 4-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0

...and now the fun can continue -- Rockchip flash interface working again.... =)

....actually, that's not needed or might be a method of last resort. After checking the schematic & pcb, I found the maskrom control is wired to the reset & Vol - buttons, and using these in concert with the power button will put the device in rkflash mode....

....so, I used rkflashkit to put the stock fw back on the device, and it boots as per normal once again. That is 'normal' as in you have a device running android 4.0.3 wherein a lot of installed gapps simply don't work -- I guess this is the impetus for most folks to try custom/newer OS images....

....success there means my backup of the stock fw images is good ~ you don't ever have a backup until you prove/verify you can -restore- what you preserved (see rule_1) If anyone needs/wants a copy of the alcatel onetouch t10 tablet stock OS images, yes, I have a working copy - still don't have 10 posts here, can't include links as a result, (and such hoops & hurdles are useless anyhow), so I'll sanitize the OS image, dump the parts again and tarball the lot up and hoist it on my gdrive sometime later so it's available...

...I'll post the filename back here when done, and then you can just google it and download it ...(who needs links? not me =)......
21st November 2019, 01:05 PM |#144  

More
include links as a result, (and such hoops & hurdles are useless anyhow), so I'll sanitize the OS image, dump the parts again and tarball the lot up and hoist it on my gdrive sometime later so it's available...

...I'll post the filename back here when done, and then you can just google it and download it ...(who needs links? not me =)......[/QUOTE]

Do you still HaVe?
25th November 2019, 08:25 AM |#145  

More
You need be clearer ~ do I still have what? The T10 or...?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)