FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SOLVED?] GSM freezing not recieving calls/sms / No radio wake / wrong clock

110 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By braintweaker, Senior Member on 28th November 2012, 01:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well, for the moment ICS (any version) is making my phone unusable as a phone itself.
I saw some people complaining about the GSM hangups (including me), so if you let the phone sleep, you wont recieve any call. The caller will hear the same tones, as if you dont pick up the call. If you send an sms on a phone in such state, it will only appear after turning it on manually (often having duplicate SMS). When you turn the phone on - you wont even get a missed call, no signs of anything.

This problem is very hard to reproduce, it happens from time to time.

I've tried to flash any other ICS based rom on the phone - any has the same problem. The only rom i hadn't such issue is 2.3 stock/modified. But i want ICS!

Anyone have any thoughts, what can be causing this? I'm tired of this happening, people complain that the cant tell me something urgent, and i dont even know they wanted to.

UPD: There is a parial fix for this issue by Maruzko by installing an app that prevents deep sleep (but thats battery consuming offcourse).
I think that there should be some internal fix for this issue, only devs can help up with that.

UPD2: My opinion that problems that people have with clock not synced is somehow connected, coz when you turn on the phone in that state, you see the clock changing rapidly and stopping at wrong time, so changed title to include that also.

UPD3: There is an alternative way to fix the issue, but not much tested. Thanx to sideshow03.
Tests and reports are much appreciated.

20th December 2012, 11:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey! I'm having the same issue as you. I'm surprised no one came up with a solution yet.
23rd December 2012, 01:06 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekehi

I'm surprised no one came up with a solution yet.

Yup, me too. Currently at miui based on pac rom, havent noticed the issue, but cant be sure its really gone, or just "lucky time" until reboot.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to braintweaker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift braintweaker Ad-Free
25th December 2012, 07:03 AM |#4  
Flag behind you
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
I'm having the same issues on a couple roms but later on today I'll flash CM10.1 and see if it goes away...
26th December 2012, 01:40 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Just did with cm10.1
26th December 2012, 02:44 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
im in the club
26th December 2012, 07:23 AM |#7  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by braintweaker

Well, for the moment ICS (any version) is making my phone unusable as a phone itself.
I saw some people complaining about the GSM hangups (including me), so if you let the phone sleep, you wont recieve any call. The caller will hear the same tones, as if you dont pick up the call. If you send an sms on a phone in such state, it will only appear after turning it on manually (often having duplicate SMS). When you turn the phone on - you wont even get a missed call, no signs of anything.

I've tried to flash any other ICS based rom on the phone - any has the same problem. The only rom i hadn't such issue is 2.3 stock/modified. But i want ICS!

Anyone have any thoughts, what can be causing this? I'm tired of this happening, people complain that the cant tell me something urgent, and i dont even know they wanted to.

I have the same 'No response to a call' issue after flashing AT&T UCLJ3 rooted on a Rogers i927R Glide.

Essentially, after the Glide has been idle for a while, not sure how long, at least 30 mins I think,
there is no response from the Glide when calling it, and it goes to voice mail, but not straight away though.
I can hear a ringing tone from the phone I'm calling from, but the Glide just sits there in sleep mode.
Try several calls but the Glide does not wake up.
Haven't tried sending it an SMS when this has happens though.

If I then wake up the Glide manually, and then put it into standby again and call it, it responds as normal and starts ringing.

The thing is, it doesn't happen every time, sometimes the phone could be idle for 2 hours and still respond to a call, others times it doesn't after say 30mins on standby.
Hard to troubleshoot as its so intermittent.

This did not seem to happen on stock Rogers GB.
26th December 2012, 11:18 PM |#8  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

Should this thread be merged into this one ?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2057948
27th December 2012, 12:11 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Yup, the threads are the same, but mine is older :P
Sad thing - cm and other jb roms higher than 4.0.4 have the issue aswell

Currently have the 312 min value with interactive governor - this does not help, some deep sleep problem not frequency related
27th December 2012, 02:43 AM |#10  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

Yup, the threads are the same, but mine is older :P
Sad thing - cm and other jb roms higher than 4.0.4 have the issue as well

Currently have the 312 min value with interactive governor - this does not help, some deep sleep problem not frequency related

It doesnt appear to be just a Glide problem with ICS from internet searching but there doesnt appear to be a solution anywhere.
I found a reference to using an App called Wake Lock which some have found may fix it but at the cost of some battery life.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Rhcmtlbi53bCJd
Choose PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK in the config apparantly.

Ive installed it but not activated it yet.
Still testing with WiFi sleep policy set to "Only when plugged in", where as previously I had it set to "Always".
27th December 2012, 11:11 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Anyways, there are devices on ICS that do not have such issue. May this be connected only with the tegra2 platform? Even have no idea how is this issue called to search.. sleep of death? As i know, its the state, when device does not wake at all, even after pressing power. Not our case.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)