FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Internet pass through, HTC sync not working on HTC One X after Jelly Bean update

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jfdfbc, Junior Member on 28th November 2012, 04:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Internet pass through, HTC sync not working on HTC One X after Jelly Bean update.

Error: MTP USB Driver failed.

Any suggestions ?

28th November 2012, 04:34 PM |#2  
Flag Al Ain
Thanks Meter: 305

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdfbc

Internet pass through, HTC sync not working on HTC One X after Jelly Bean update.

Error: MTP USB Driver failed.

Any suggestions ?

Install latest HTC sync manager from HTC website

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app
28th November 2012, 05:19 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs down
Yes installed latest HTC Sync Manager however problem still persists.
28th November 2012, 06:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
man do you use win xp or win 7 ? if you are using win 7 you should have no difficulties installing the drivers and the latest htc sync manager.
Here is the link for the latest sync manager anyways : http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-...ager/download/
29th November 2012, 07:19 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Question
My question is not about HTC sync manager.

I was able to connect to Internet-pass through with I was using ICS 4.0.4, after upgrading to JB I'm unable to connect to Internet pass through.

The error which I get is latest HTC sync application is not installed, I'm not talking about HTC sync manager here.
I've installed HTC sync application Version: 3.3.10
However this is not getting detected in my HTC One X ... I've also Installed MTP device driver...
29th November 2012, 08:27 AM |#6  
Flag Astral Planet
Thanks Meter: 484

More
I used Windows 8..when the problem occured, I downloaded the latest HTC Sync for HTC One X, which is 3.3.17..
But unfortunately the HTC Driver Installer that included was failed to be installed..

So I took a radical move, I reinstall my Windows 8..and tried to reinstall HTC Sync..
wal-lah, the HTC Driver Installer was installed successfully..
And the best of all I can use Internet Pass-through again! Cheers to my office internet speed, 1gbps..
I'm also on JB ROM right now..hope this will help you..
The Following User Says Thank You to Freddy1X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freddy1X Ad-Free
2nd December 2012, 05:29 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have the same problem any solution guys?
2nd December 2012, 08:51 AM |#8  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Mine works perfectly well /: Windows 7 64-bit, latest Sync manager.
2nd December 2012, 05:29 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Same problem, phone is not detected in newest HTC Sync.

When I first plugged my phone in I didn't have Sync installed, I just wanted to copy some files on the phone. Even though Windows 7 popups said that driver installation failed, the phone showed up in file explorer and worked.

I am guessing I should somehow return everything to the state before I plugged the phone in, but how do I do that?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamesch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jamesch Ad-Free
3rd December 2012, 09:28 AM |#10  

More
Cant pass through Internet
Mine is XP 32bit Pro.. Already Install HTC latest Sync.. Still Cant pass through... Any way to fix it ???
Thanks.
4th December 2012, 08:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTasmania

Mine is XP 32bit Pro.. Already Install HTC latest Sync.. Still Cant pass through... Any way to fix it ???
Thanks.

I actually managed to do it by installing HTC Sync manager from the link above and the updated drivers in device manager. Pass-through works now, though HTC Sync still doesn't show any devices connected
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)