FORUMS

[Q] [q] facebook app

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By aaaaaaahhhhhhhh, Member on 28th November 2012, 09:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My Facebook app went funny last night, it wouldn't show my friends pictures and wouldn't come out of refresh. So I logged out, turned off my wireless connection, rebooted my phone, turned on the wireless and tried to log back in. I was met with this error:

Login Failed
Sorry, login failed to reach facebook servers. Please check your network connection or try again later.
( org.bouncycastle.jce.exception.
ExtCertPathValidatorException: IssuerName(OU=Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority, O="VeriSign, Inc.", CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign, OU=VeriSign International Server CA - Class 3, OU="VeriSign, Inc.", O=VeriSign Trust Network) of signing certificate. [javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException])

It is still the same after uninstalling and re-installing the app.
The Following User Says Thank You to aaaaaaahhhhhhhh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aaaaaaahhhhhhhh Ad-Free
30th November 2012, 08:28 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaaaahhhhhhhh

My Facebook app went funny last night, it wouldn't show my friends pictures and wouldn't come out of refresh. So I logged out, turned off my wireless connection, rebooted my phone, turned on the wireless and tried to log back in. I was met with this error:

Login Failed
Sorry, login failed to reach facebook servers. Please check your network connection or try again later.
( org.bouncycastle.jce.exception.
ExtCertPathValidatorException: IssuerName(OU=Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority, O="VeriSign, Inc.", CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign, OU=VeriSign International Server CA - Class 3, OU="VeriSign, Inc.", O=VeriSign Trust Network) of signing certificate. [javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException])

It is still the same after uninstalling and re-installing the app.

That sounds as though your phone isn't actually reaching the facebook page but is being redirected somewhere else. Are you sure it's not something to do with your wifi network? Can you get to facebook OK from a laptop?

I'd expect this sort of thing if you were connected to a hotspot without having logged into the hotspot from the phone.
30th November 2012, 09:38 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Flag Nordjylland
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgeboy

That sounds as though your phone isn't actually reaching the facebook page but is being redirected somewhere else. Are you sure it's not something to do with your wifi network? Can you get to facebook OK from a laptop?

I'd expect this sort of thing if you were connected to a hotspot without having logged into the hotspot from the phone.

I have the excact same problem... Started yesterday.

Tried 2 differents Wifi's and my 3G connection.
Can't log in with facebook app, Friendcaster etc. Can't sync my facebook contacts. So I removed the sync account, and tried to add it again (Facebook for HTC Sense) But cannot log in there either.

But m.facebook.com in browser is working fine, same on my laptop.

HTC Desire
Revolution Rom 4.0
30th November 2012, 10:10 PM |#4  
bld519's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
same problem here with my HTC Desrire. Facebook app cannot reach facebook servers. even after clearing app cache, uninstalling it and what not. is there a fix for this.
1st December 2012, 02:18 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Narnia
Thanks Meter: 5
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bld519

same problem here with my HTC Desrire. Facebook app cannot reach facebook servers. even after clearing app cache, uninstalling it and what not. is there a fix for this.

I have reported this to Facebook. Must be a technical change they made which had an impact on mobile devices connecting, with the exception of browsers.
1st December 2012, 02:33 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Nordjylland
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaaaahhhhhhhh

I have reported this to Facebook. Must be a technical change they made which had an impact on mobile devices connecting, with the exception of browsers.

But the funny part is, it only affected HTC Desire.

My GF with Samsung Galaxy S, and all others that I know, dont have problems...

Found this problem on other forums too, all Desire's
And one have tried a factory reset.
1st December 2012, 03:16 PM |#7  
stankyou's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 592
 
More
Facebook was unreachable a couple of days ago. But I got a message saying that they are doing maintenance. When it came back up, all it had me do is log back in. Everything is fine until now.
I wonder if your issues has something to do with the Facebook integrated on Sense. You guys using Sense roms by any chance?


via xda app
1st December 2012, 03:28 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag Nordjylland
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stankyou

Facebook was unreachable a couple of days ago. But I got a message saying that they are doing maintenance. When it came back up, all it had me do is log back in. Everything is fine until now.
I wonder if your issues has something to do with the Facebook integrated on Sense. You guys using Sense roms by any chance?


via xda app

Yes, it is a Sense Rom I'm using..

I have just tried to freeze Facebook for HTC Sense via Titanium Backup, still same problem with "Facebook app"
1st December 2012, 05:10 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
same problem from same day... i tried few older version of fb app but none works. HTC Desire InsertCoin rom
1st December 2012, 11:02 PM |#10  
mannybiker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Same here since a couple of days. It seems to be a problem on FB side, but in some way related to the software of the phone. I own a Desire with RcmixS Rom Gingerbread. I flashed it with an ICS Rom and it worked after that. Come back to Gingerbread after factory wipe and problem is there again.
2nd December 2012, 12:30 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Flag Nordjylland
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannybiker

Same here since a couple of days. It seems to be a problem on FB side, but in some way related to the software of the phone. I own a Desire with RcmixS Rom Gingerbread. I flashed it with an ICS Rom and it worked after that. Come back to Gingerbread after factory wipe and problem is there again.

But still related to Desire, how weird
Cause on a Samsung Galaxy S, running 2.3 GB, it's working just fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
facebook, htc desire, login

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes