A pure(-ish) build of AOSP (code-frozen 4.1.2_r1/jb-mr0-release, a.k.a JZO54K) for the Xperia Play. It's as pure as can be, there are some fixes from CM10 (thanks J), SlimRom and myself needed to get everything working. But the framework and apps are
What's the point?
Designed for developers/chefs and testers, this has three major goals:
- Provide a good base to port other Jellybean ROM's to (in particular, my Turbo UI ROM)
- A good comparison with other JB ROM's to see what is and isn't broken (great for the second or third multiboot slot). E.g. if something crashes in Slimbean or PAC, try in this. Because it is "feature frozen" whereas CM10 and other JB ROM's keep adding new things that may break something (you know, it happens).
- Forward-port ICS/GB code to get more things working - like native xLoud and better Touchpad support.
If you want a more serious and useful ROM that is directly based on this, check out my MIUI based PatchROM build - Turbo UI.
Brown: Has issues or untested
Red: Broken or not finished yet
- Calls, texts, 3G for GSM (have not done heavy testing, needs more)
- All sensors (including proximity)
- CDMA addon (beta, needs logcats if any problems)
- Camera (Legacy) (Thanks to Wedgess) (No Panorama)
- Browser and Web rendering
- Sound with with decent stock-like headphone volume
- xLOUD enabled
(uses ICS Audio blobs from stock/prebuilt)(hack)
- Google Apps included
- GPS / Location services
- Touchpads (Lag reduced but not eliminated)
- Native Wifi Tether
- Google Now Voice Search/Recognition
- Video Recording (480p only - don't ask about 720p, not possible)
On a fresh install, all the tones are set to silent. Ringtone, Notification Tone and Alarm tone must be manually set. I have no idea what is causing this.Fixed.
All of my source changes can, as always, be found on my GitHub (see my signature). Additionally, here are the details of my repo's - they are all original AOSP from 4.1.2_r1 tag, with the exception of these mentioned repo's - mostly for compatibility with QCOM hardware, as well as additional fixes and improvement's I've made. There are also various small patches to make to get it to build. Instructions for building from my sources can be found in post #2.
Source repo/patch details:
cosmicdan: bootable/recovery/ (forked from cyanogenmod) device/semc/msm7x30-common/ (forked from garwedgess) frameworks/av/ (forked from AOSP) frameworks/base/ (forked from AOSP) (jellyzeus branch) frameworks/native/ (forked from AOSP) hardware/libhardware/ (forked from slimroms, jb branch) hardware/libhardware_legacy/ (forked from slimroms, jb branch) libcore (forked from AOSP) system/core/ (forked from AOSP) (jellyzeus branch) vendor/semc/ (forked from garwedgess) cyanogenmod: build/ external/busybox/ external/bluetooth/bluez/ external/yaffs2/ external/zlib/ hardware/broadcom/wlan/ hardware/ril/ hardware/sony/DASH/ packages/apps/Gallery2/ packages/apps/LegacyCamera/ vendor/cm/ system/bluetooth/ system/netd/ system/vold/ garwedgess: device/semc/msm7x30-common/ device/semc/zeus/ device/semc/zeus-common/ SlimRoms (branch): external/chromium/ (jellybean) external/webcore/ (jellybean) hardware/msm7k/ (jb) hardware/qcom/audio/ (jb) hardware/qcom/gps/ (jb) hardware/qcom/media/ (jb) hardware/qcom/display/ (jellybean) This patch for Guava incompatibility with OpenJDK - https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_external_guava/commit/c8b97210aa31c9b80b5fd136d8617ebe4e731e09 Use prebuilt kernel to save time and fix build complaining from missing kernel sources - Open /device/semc/zeus/BoardConfig.mk and remove the comment (#) symbol from TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL Open vendor/cm/config/common.mk and comment out the three lines for Terminal, like so:Code:#PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \ #vendor/cm/proprietary/Term.apk:system/app/Term.apk \ #vendor/cm/proprietary/lib/armeabi/libjackpal-androidterm4.so:system/lib/libjackpal-androidterm4.so
- CosmicDan, Kamarush and Irii for Turbo JB Kernel
- Cyanogenmod and Jerpelea (FreeXperia)
- Wedgess, cj360, paxChristos, KeiranFTW, Nickholtus, SuperVenom and Farenheith
- Fellow members of MIUI Australia - LennyKano, FusionJack and Dekky
- Special thanks to Amarullz (creator of Aroma Installer) and the XDA community
Download and Instructions?
- Flash Turbo JB kernel (recommended) and be sure to follow the instructions there. This ROM is multiboot-aware already, so feel free to install the ZIP from Slot 2 or 3.
- Install the ROM normally (in any slot you like if using multiboot)
Download CDMA addon: zeus_aosp_412_cdma_r3.zip @ Mediafire (install after main ROM)
r5 -- - Overhaul Telephony, Webkit, Bluetooth and Net framework - Additional property support from CyanogenMod (performance related) - Reverted Camera changes in r4 - More things I can't remember. It's all on GitHub. r4 -- - Fixed Camera recording (480p only, 720p permanently removed due to bugs) - Fixed native App2SD - Numerous fixes/optimizations to Telephony and Media framework - Reverted ICS audio blobs r3 -- - New - hold volume buttons to skip music tracks - Fixed various Google App issues (e.g. Calendar sync, Location services) - Reduced touchpad lag by about half (best I can do until we learn more...) - Fixed touchpad recognition (Farenheith's Touchpad Fix v1.1) - Fixed default tones being silent (Random fix) - Fixed Wifi signal indicator on statusbar (Framework issue) - Fixed GPS (was it ever broken? Google Maps and GPS Status lock fine) - Fixed Bluetooth (Update sources for BCM interface from CM10) - Patched services to not force minfree or adj values - Basic tweaks added to init.d, same used in MIUI Australia (minfree/adj/kernel tuning) - Updated Google Now to latest version (no longer crashes on voice input but simply fails) r2 -- - Additional video and audio native decoding support, thanks to CAF (such as H.263, WMV, MP3, etc) - Fixed root (replaced with Chainfire's SuperSU v0.99) - Fixed Proximity Sensor - Fixed rotation (accelerometer/orientation) - Fixed compass - Fixed ALS (automatic brightness) - Fixed Browser (replaced webKit core with prebuilt from SlimBean port, thanks cj360!) - Disable some debugging parameters to improve performance - Native Sony sound blobs and full xLoud support enabled - Replaced AOSP Keyboard with Nexus 4.2 version (smaller APK) - Removed unused content accidently included from CM10 - Removed Google Calendar and returned original (more compatible with widgets, can get Google Calendar from Play Store anyway) r1 -- - Initial release
No. It looks like AOSP (like CM10 but with much less features). If you only want to see what this ROM looks like, please move along it's for dev's and research purposes after all.