FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] eInk-friendly Amazon Kindle 3.2.0.35

229 posts
Thanks Meter: 252

By wskelly, Senior Member on 1st December 2012, 05:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've modded the Kindle app to make it more eInk friendly (especially for Nook Simple Touch (NST)). The changes include:
  • White mode background is really white, not light gray. White mode text is really black, not something close to black.
  • Black mode background/text same as above.
  • Sepia mode unchanged.
  • Reading progress bar changed from shaded spheres (barely visible on eInk) to empty and filled squares.
  • Library background now white with black text.
  • Other text(s) changed to black.

I've signed this app and the signature is different from the original app, so you will need to uninstall your existing Kindle app and install this one.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Amazon Kindle_3.2.0.35-signed.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.01 MB, 9857 views)
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to wskelly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wskelly Ad-Free

4th December 2012, 07:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wskelly

I've signed this app and the signature is different from the original app, so you will need to uninstall your existing Kindle app and install this one. If someone can tell me how to sign so that the signatures match that would get around this issue.

I'm pretty sure the point of signatures is to prove who made the update. That is, only the developers of the app have the original signing key. So I don't think there's a way of getting your signature to match theirs.
The Following User Says Thank You to sayno2quat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sayno2quat Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 07:14 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 252

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayno2quat

I'm pretty sure the point of signatures is to prove who made the update. That is, only the developers of the app have the original signing key. So I don't think there's a way of getting your signature to match theirs.

Thanks sayno -- I've been thinking about this for a few days and your explanation makes perfect sense to me. Of course this measure will prevent someone from hijacking an app from a known source with another one. Thanks for the reply.
The Following User Says Thank You to wskelly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wskelly Ad-Free
7th December 2012, 06:45 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks a lot for your modified Kindle App, I like it a lot!
8th December 2012, 11:36 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 718

More
Library background now white with black text is quite an improvement, thanks.

Regarding whiter background and darker text, I just notice it a bit. I've made the same tweaks on CoolReader and MoonREader and i don't know why but MoonReader displayed the best results.

I use lcd density (crank it up to 260) to make dicitonary window more readable.
8th February 2013, 04:17 PM |#6  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 4

More
This app is amazing. Can it have Partial Refresh feature ?
The Following User Says Thank You to ectacy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ectacy Ad-Free
9th January 2014, 03:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi, Any chance of this app with a different font? Or a way to change fonts?

I believe kindle uses Droid serif where as I prefer the Nook standard san-serif. I think the fonts are in rom so can't be changed? I couldn't seem to rename Droid font (or another) so I can just replace it with a san-serif renamed to Droid.
16th January 2014, 08:08 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Does this version have the page animation? i.e. double refresh...
Thanks
26th March 2014, 10:10 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My antivirus (F-Secure), marked the APK as containing Malware and removed it during download. Anyone else experiencing this? Or can clarify why it is getting marked as Malware?
26th March 2014, 06:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsymonDK

My antivirus (F-Secure), marked the APK as containing Malware and removed it during download. Anyone else experiencing this? Or can clarify why it is getting marked as Malware?

They are probably compared this app's signature against the play store's master list of signatures, didn't find this one's, and considered malware.
31st March 2014, 04:59 AM |#11  
Flag Almaty, Kazakhstan
Thanks Meter: 3

More
failed to figure out how to use it, meaning, how to open my books on mini SD-card, buying books is not an option for me, sorry. Had to remove it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)