FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Straight Talk MMS/HTC Titan I - Is there a Solution?

485 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

Post Reply Email Thread
I solved the riddle of my interop unlocked Titan I and my wife's interop locked Titan I. Under the HTC Connection Setup app, use "Consumer Cellular" - it is an AT&T MVNO and will input AT&T's MMSC settings with this selection. Everything under settings>>>cellular>>>APN is to remain blank. As many of know with the Titans there is no way to manually make changes to MMS/MMSC settings under the Windows Phone 7.x platform.

Thursday - April 10, 2014: Straight Talk now has new TracFone SIM cards for all their GSM customers that now have added 4G LTE to devices that have that radio in them. The new SIM does change the APN settings and currently working to find a solution that makes MMS impossible once again. This does not apply to Window Phones 8.x devices; these devices have blanks to fill in MMS settings; this is applicable to Windows Phone 7.x.
The Following User Says Thank You to berrywr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift berrywr Ad-Free

18th January 2013, 07:28 AM |#2  
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
BRAVO TO YOU! This was bothering the heck out of me. Didn't think of going the route of using another MVNO's APN settings. THANKS MUCH!
18th January 2013, 04:17 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Opelika, AL
Thanks Meter: 54

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItCuttingEdge

BRAVO TO YOU! This was bothering the heck out of me. Didn't think of going the route of using another MVNO's APN settings. THANKS MUCH!

You're welcome; I think the real question many of us are wondering is why Microsoft in their infinite wisdom did not make it available in the APN settings to manually input the extra settings in the first place? Even with HSPL and customization, you can't access them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)