FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The Unofficial Thread of Official OTA Updates

2,298 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,490

By mattlgroff, Inactive Recognized Developer on 4th December 2012, 09:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Since we got update threads scattered everywhere, I figured I'd organized things into one thread, as well as give away some new updates.

Retail EU:
Retail GB:
Orange GB:
O2 DE:
Vodafone FR:
Brasil BR:
AmericaMovil MX:
If you have an OTA update.zip please PM it to me or contact me on google talk ([email protected]) and I will quick add it to this thread, with safe hosting, credits to The Firmware Team's Pzyduck for providing safe-haven for these types of files.

Instructions for pulling an OTA update.zip:
  • Do NOT install the update! Do these first!
  • Be rooted. We got plenty of methods. Motofail2go for ICS, and my RAZRiRoot.zip for turl1's Clockworkmod.
  • Download the Root Explorer app, or the ES File Manager app. (Instructions are for Root Explorer.)
  • Open Root Explorer and go to the ~/cache/ directory, which resides on the root directory of the phone '~/'
  • Hit the 'Mount R/W' in the corner, if successful will then say 'Mount R/O'
  • Copy the update file .zip from the ~/cache/ to your sdcard, external to be safe. External is in ~/mnt/external1/ and Internal is ~/sdcard/.
  • Copy over the update file .zip from the sdcard(s) you chose to your computer and upload it.
  • You will want to use Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper before updating if you have a locked bootloader, you can find my thread on a RAZR i compatible version here.
  • Send me or post a link here to the update and exactly what System Version you were on, and where the update takes you to.
  • The community will thank you for your help!

Enjoy. Remember to do your part to the community and contribute all updates!
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattlgroff Ad-Free
Vistaus
4th December 2012, 11:39 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hmm, but I can't put the EU update.zip on it when I'm on GB without losing data, right?
4th December 2012, 11:42 AM |#3  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus

Hmm, but I can't put the EU update.zip on it when I'm on GB without losing data, right?

You cannot install any of these on different carriers without use of fastboots and unlocked bootloader.

These updates will ONLY work from PointA-PointB.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattlgroff Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 12:07 PM |#4  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 2,483

More
Here's another Update Zip for 40002EU. For this one you have to come from 32002 EU. The one in the OP is from 31006.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34886686

Sent from my XT890
The Following User Says Thank You to HSD-Pilot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HSD-Pilot Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 05:53 PM |#5  
Flag San Diego

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSD-Pilot

Here's another Update Zip for 40002EU. For this one you have to come from 32002 EU. The one in the OP is from 31006.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34886686

Sent from my XT890

Thanks! Uploaded to server, renamed, and added to the OP.
5th December 2012, 06:29 AM |#6  
Flag zacatecas
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff

You cannot install any of these on different carriers without use of fastboots and unlocked bootloader.

These updates will ONLY work from PointA-PointB.

mattlgroff, im in 81.5.31006.Retail.en.EU - 4.0.4. and in software update i get notification of an ota. i down loaded that file when ask if i want to install it i select yes. but when in recovery it always fails. why, isnt that the official? because after that i tried flashing it in recovery but it fails too.
before alll this i was already on 81.5.40002.Retail.en.EU - 4.0.4. coming from 81.5.31006.Retail.en.EU. but i wanted to downgrade back to 81.5.31006.Retail.en.EU. and my phone died. thanks to hsd pilot my phone came back to life he sended me a file http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1354399653. but now im stuck in what i told you at the begining. why?? what can i do to go back to 81.5.40002.Retail.en.EU. i know this is not the thread sorry but i was watching your new otas. and i cant install the one for my version.
5th December 2012, 06:35 AM |#7  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 2,483

More
Are you rooted? If yes and you used the Root with insecured Kernel, then you probably have the wrong Boot.img on your Phone. Grap the Boot_signed out of the 31006 Fastboot File and flash it through fastboot

fastboot flash boot boot_signed

Sent from my XT890
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSD-Pilot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HSD-Pilot Ad-Free
5th December 2012, 06:56 AM |#8  
Flag San Diego

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSD-Pilot

Are you rooted? If yes and you used the Root with insecured Kernel, then you probably have the wrong Boot.img on your Phone. Grap the Boot_signed out of the 31006 Fastboot File and flash it through fastboot

fastboot flash boot boot_signed

Sent from my XT890

As HDS-Pilot says.

The error message from side-loading will tell us exactly the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattlgroff Ad-Free
5th December 2012, 11:24 AM |#9  
Flag zacatecas

More
[QUOTE=mattlgroff;35041428]As HDS-Pilot says.

The error message from side-loading will tell us exactly the problem.[/QUOTE
thank you guys!!! that was the problem and another one was that i erase alot of apk.s that i dont use so at time of flashing i saw it said something about an apk. missing so i fastbooted again and flash boot.img and here i am with the 40002.rt.eu. and now waiting for jellybean
5th December 2012, 03:03 PM |#10  
Flag Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Thanks Meter: 80

Donate to Me
More
If I want to update, it can be done on a homemade fastboot or I need to use a stock firmware, my bootloader is unlocked, can I flash a totally stock firmware without problem and then use the OTA update? Thanks.
5th December 2012, 06:16 PM |#11  
Flag zacatecas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_sinbad

If I want to update, it can be done on a homemade fastboot or I need to use a stock firmware, my bootloader is unlocked, can I flash a totally stock firmware without problem and then use the OTA update? Thanks.

Yes you can.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)