Read this post entirely before using the ROM or asking any questions!
- Firstly, I want to thank Ricardo for all his work on CM for our phone. Since this ROM uses CM10 as base, it would not be possible without RC's work.
- This ROM has been ported to the O2x from various other devices having official MIUI support (such as the Nexus S, Atrix etc.) and the MIUI team deserves credit for all of that.
Details of the ROM:
- For use with old(GB) bootloader, tested with CWM recovery 18.104.22.168
- Multilanguage support
For the list of languages supported, see post 3
Refer post 3 if you want to use a language other than English or Chinese
- Does not come with gapps, you need to flash it separately
(Theme applied below is 'Dark knight HD' by remcis, so thanks to him)
Screenshots attached below the post again in case you cannot see these
- Stock clock widget on default theme may not work sometimes. Works with any other theme (you can change only widget's theme too, without changing full theme)
Q. What to do if my USB Mass Storage is not working?
A: In Android terminal emulator (install from play store if you havent already), type this one by one (hope you already activated root permission first in Security-> LBE Guard)
su setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage reboot
A: Try this
Tips on using the ROM:
To charge normally (fast), turn off phone, plug charger, wait for a minute (till the charging animation goes off and phone is off again) and turn on phone. Now it will charge fast. This is the standard procedure for all JB ROMs. If you dont follow this, charging will be slow.
If you are not satisfied with the quality and performance of the stock camera app, use the bundled 'ICS Camera', or an app like 'Camera360 Ultimate' (free app from the play store). It will produce better quality images.
If you get a clicking sound when starting and closing camera, dont worry, read this
Before installing anything, first activate root permission from 'LBE Guard' app in 'Security Center' folder. Select 'manage root permission' and enable it.
This only needs to be done once, and all superuser prompts will come as usual when you install/use root apps.
If you installed or tried to use any root apps before doing this, and your app no longer gets root access, reinstall that app. Also includes a custom hosts file, which you have the option to remove if you want to see ads.
MIUIv4 requires you to have a free Xiaomi account to apply themes.
Creating the account is free, quick and very easy
Dont complain if boot animation does not apply!
If you had old MIUI themes (like MIUI GB themes) in your MIUI folder on your sd card, the theme manager may try to convert them to the new format, which may take a long time. If it fails, remove those themes from your sd card.
If you downloaded a theme and it does not appear automatically in themes, press menu inside the theme manager app, and manually browse and select the .mtz file (in your sd card/MIUI/themes folder) and restart the app.
To see percentage battery indicator on the status bar, go to settings->battery and change the battery indicator style
To make the UI transitions faster, you can use the good old standard tip:
Go to settings->developer options
Set 'window animation scale', 'transition animation scale' and 'animator duration scale' all to "0.5x". UI animations will seem twice as fast after doing this.
If the ROM becomes slow over time, do a reboot.
And try not to do a lot of stuff in the first few seconds when SD card scanning is going on, sync is going on or when apps are updating in the background. Its not right to complain of "this/that doesnt work" or lag when you do that
Some cool tips and tricks to improve your MIUI experience(taken from the official site):
Tips, tricks and shortcuts
Download link for version 3.2.8
1. In recovery, wipe data if you are coming from any ROM other than MIUIv4 JB (even if you are upgrading from beta to stable, wipe is needed), and format /system (this needs to be done even while upgrading from older version)
2. Flash the ROM and then gapps
3. Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
4. Reboot. First boot takes time, be patient.
3.1.11 Download link
Download link 1
Download link 2
MIUIv4 Alternative version (2.10.26)
Q: Woah! I expected a newer version, and you released an older one?
A: Yes, and there's a major reason for that.
Versions later than 2.10.26 (including the previously released 2.11.30) require authorization from Xiaomi to apply themes.
Q: So, what's wrong with that?
A: Xiaomi obviously had good intentions while taking this step, like the newly planned category of paid(premium) themes and using authorization to prevent its misuse, but it causes some problems in using themes. You simply cannot use external themes (downloaded from outside theme manager) since the authorization is rejected. In some cases, even themes downloaded using the manager give error "not downloaded from the official market" due to a bug. Boot animations also could not be applied sometimes due to the bug.
Q: Ok, but what about the improvements between 2.10.26 and 2.11.30? Wont i have to sacrifice those?
A: Yes, but though there may seem to be a lot of changes in the changelog in every new version, the overall experience difference is minor, or hard to notice unless you are upgrading from/downgrading to a version which differs by, say a couple of months or more.
In short, you will hardly feel the difference. If you like to apply external themes and even try out lots of themes from the market (theme manager), then this is the version for you. All later versions have the authorization problem listed above.
If you are satisfied with your current MIUI 2.11.30, you can continue with it. This version contains no other change, other than the one regarding the themes, listed above.
1. If you are coming from version 2.11.30 stable, backup data using "backup" app in security center, and backup apps.
2. Reboot into recovery, format /system
3. Flash ROM, gapps
4. Make a full wipe (data, cache, dalvik cache) and reboot
If you dont wipe data, you may get phone app FC. To tell you how easy it is to backup and restore data in MIUI, I included steps 1 and 5
5. Restore data backed up in step 1 (system settings, call logs, contacts, sms etc. in "backup" app and apps using whatever you used to backup, like Titanium Backup)
Q: Will the next version you release be even older than this?
A: Who knows.... maybe
It all depends on whether the advantages outweigh the disadvantages
I am not responsible if anything goes wrong with your phone.
If someone has posted a bug and you have the same bug, just thank their post or wait. No need to flood with the same bug reports.
Small problems such as some app related problems can be dealt with at a later stage.
- RC and the rest of the CM team for all their work
- MIUI team (especially the Nexus S team and Photon team headed by Th3bill)
- pengus77 for his Kowalski kernel, and for all his work for the O2x
- TheBo and Baobub for testing the ROM
- Wajk and bihariel for their previous MIUI ROMs which i used, and which inspired me to make this ROM
- All the other devs for inspiration (PM me if i missed anyone )
If you post any bug due to not following the above instructions or tips, I may not answer
Regards and thanks.
- As usual, lots of changes in MIUI from version 3.1.11 to 3.2.8. For official MIUI changelog, refer to miuiandroid.com
- Fixed stock clock widget bug
- Overall improvement in performance compared to previous version
- Removed Jinshan Guard, which causes minor lags and delays
- Updated kowalski kernel to latest version 100p1
- Updated to version 3.1.11
- Included Kowalski kernel
- Added base updater to update CM10 base to 22/12 nightly
- Added alternative version 2.10.26
- USB Mass storage is now fully functional (you can transfer files between your computer and external sd as well as internal sd)
- Themes now fully functional. You can apply an entire theme now
- Ringtone changing bug fixed
- Home launcher now stable
- All clock widgets now work
- Stock launcher is a lot more stable now
- Default camera app(Camera ICS) now records upto full HD videos (as well as regular photos)
- Updated base to latest official CM10 nightly (26th Nov)
- Backup launcher changed to Xiaomi MiHome from Trebuchet
- Initial release