Here's the TWRP recovery for LG Optimus 4X HD
Origin site http://www.591fan.com/thread-30056-1-1.html
Credit to @Dexter_nlb for BootStrape/CWM recovery work
- If you installed the CWM reocvery by @Dexter_nlb, remember to press install recovery again, so the changes take effect.
- Get your o4x root'd,
- Download the APK file and install it
- after installation reboot mobile once (if you do not, the app might fail installing recovery)
- start the LG 4X Recovery app
- press - Install recovery - grant superuser access when prompted
--- Three option lines in the app: 1st Install Recovery, 2nd Reboot Into Recovery, 3rd Normal Reboot
- wait for success OK, if it fails, something is wrong or SU is not properly installed or denied su access. you should set permissions to granted for this app
- after successfull installation, you can press boot recovery and boot into the twrp recovery and make your backups or install custom roms
- DO NOT use the "Formate Date" function in wipe menu, this will make a soft brick, if U did this by mistake, U can reboot into stock recovery and run the "wipe date/cache" function to solve the soft brick.
- This recovery only supported the "standard update.zip" packages, this means some update.zip package which used none standard( EG: some cwm backup style update.zip for 4X HD atm) won't work on this recovery.
- For some reasons this recovery not support cwm bakcup package, only support TWRP backup package style(This is the TWRP issue). But, anyway, I'll make a patch for this later to support cwm backup package.