*****Disclaimer: This has only been tested on ATT's Version of the Galaxy S 3 if it works on other Galaxys S 3 providers please let us know. But be warned that this may not work on your device if not using an ATT Samsung Galaxy S3.
Special Thaks: I want to thank Clubtech for providing the framework that allows the Tethering in the first place. I only built the script to make it an easier install for everyone. Which was per a request of the community.
Original Post For Clubtech's Enabling Wifi Tethering Tutorial
-Rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 (ATT Version has only been tested)
-Busybox installed on your Phone
- ATT Android STOCK ICS 4.0.4 (To check this go to Settings-->About Device-->Android Version and you'll see version 4.0.4, If you do not have ICS 4.0.4 I do not recommend trying this mod unless you possibly want a bricked phone.)
-Ensure your Build Number IMM76D.I747UCALG1 (To check this goto Settings-->About Device-->Build Number under this section you will see IMM76D.I747UCALG1.)
1. Download the Clockwork Mod Install Script Here! (You do not have to register to download the file just click the download button)
2. Copy the script to your Internal SDCard on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Phone (you may have downloaded this file on your phone already just ensure its in the root directory of the Internal SDCard (/mnt/sdcard)
3. Reboot Phone in to Recovery Mode (Remember you will need Clock Work Mod Recovery to Install This)
4. Scroll Down to Install .zip from sdcard and click either home or power button
5. Scroll Down to Install .zip from Internal SDCard and click either the home or power button
6. Scroll Down to the line that starts with Yes blah,blah,blah (This is ensuring that you want to apply this zip. Make sure this is what you truly want to do)
7. Once installation is finished reboot the device
8. Once device is rebooted goto: Setting-->More Settings-->Tethering and Portable Hotspots Now you see that your device has Bluetooth Tethering there as an option and you will now notice if you start the Portable Wifi Hotspot your phone does not tell you to call ATTs 611 to enable this service.
9. Have fun tethering with your Galaxy S3 but remember if you aren't Grandfathered into ATTs Unlimited Data Limit then this means you do have a Data Limit and at the moment the highest they offer I believe is 2GB so any tethering being done on your phone will use your allocated Data Usage in a month and you may incur overage charges at $10.00 for each GB over 2GB. Even if you go 1MB over the 2GB data plan you will be charged the $10.00 so you might as well use the rest of the 1023MB available to you.
If you have any questions on this script please let me know. If you like this and find it usefull give some thumbs up please.