FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Sim card disconnects at random

341 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By thekalby, Senior Member on 7th December 2012, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
On a daily basis my phone will randomly tell me that there is no Sim card(btw I'm att of that makes any difrence) in the phone. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot the phone. Any ideas what's causing this? I tried flashing a different rom but to no avail. What should I do?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

8th December 2012, 02:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekalby

On a daily basis my phone will randomly tell me that there is no Sim card(btw I'm att of that makes any difrence) in the phone. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot the phone. Any ideas what's causing this? I tried flashing a different rom but to no avail. What should I do?

Just to commiserate, this happened to me today too - second time total. Gonna keep digging through the forums...
8th December 2012, 07:30 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=sim+card

glad im not the only one.. i posted about this few weeks ago.. i tried going to att store and they wouldnt give me a new phone since it was the 16th day ( 14 day return policy).I thought it was still 30. I went thru warranty and they are sending me a new phone. just waiting for that to arrive.. still happens every once in awhile. annoying.
8th December 2012, 12:04 PM |#4  
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Happens to me too. Don't have to reboot though. Turning Airplane mode on and off does the trick. Every day or so I take it out and put it back in. Not sure if it helps but it makes me feel like it prolongs the issue.

Never Die!
8th December 2012, 11:30 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel321

Happens to me too. Don't have to reboot though. Turning Airplane mode on and off does the trick. Every day or so I take it out and put it back in. Not sure if it helps but it makes me feel like it prolongs the issue.

Never Die!

Should i bring it into AT&T? If I do will they give me a new one even if I unlocked the boot loader?
9th December 2012, 03:34 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Should i bring it into AT&T? If I do will they give me a new one even if I unlocked the boot loader?

Here's a summary of what I've learned, y'all correct me if I'm mistaken:
  • ATT sims only
  • Airplane mode and back - works as temporary fix
  • SOME report reseating the sim is a permenant fix
  • SOME report getting a new sim doesn't fix

Since this is happening to me daily now (maybe more I'm not noticing), I'm going to see what I can come up with. I just opened the tray and slid it back in with two pieces of paper backing the sim card (on the non-contact side of course), to see if by chance there is a problem with the physical connection of the sim, and if this can fix it. I'll keep you updated. I'm also going to see if I can get a new sim card from ATT.

Has anyone come up with any other solutions - or are we all dealing with this intermittently and just tolerating it?

===== UPDATE 12/14/2012 =====

5 Days now with perfect connection. Two sheets of paper thicker sim card works.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erilyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Erilyx Ad-Free
9th December 2012, 08:19 PM |#7  
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 28

More
There is a few threads all about the same thing. I'm posting in this one because it's the highest on the list. I never had the issue before rooting. So I wonder of anyone can confirm this being an issue pre-root/pre-bootloader unlock? Just a thought

Never Die
9th December 2012, 09:38 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel321

There is a few threads all about the same thing. I'm posting in this one because it's the highest on the list. I never had the issue before rooting. So I wonder of anyone can confirm this being an issue pre-root/pre-bootloader unlock? Just a thought

Never Die

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed in one of the other threads that you can get this problem even is your not rooted on stock.

10th December 2012, 02:24 AM |#9  
Flag Modesto CA
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Ok, guys i have found a fix put a piece of paper and wedge it between the sim card and the tray at the top pretty much try to kill all the slack.
10th December 2012, 05:17 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew149

Ok, guys i have found a fix put a piece of paper and wedge it between the sim card and the tray at the top pretty much try to kill all the slack.

Im exchanging my phone at AT&T tomorrow, so well see how that works out.
10th December 2012, 07:40 AM |#11  
Flag Modesto CA
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Quote:

Im exchanging my phone at AT&T tomorrow, so well see how that works out.

Update: haven't had my phone disconnect I would say this is a true fix, htc just needs to send everyone updated SIM trays

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew149 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Andrew149 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)