Remove All Ads from XDA

Boot/Recovery repack utils for WINDOWS

216 posts
Thanks Meter: 316

By michfood, Senior Member on 8th December 2012, 02:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
NO MORE LINUX OR CYGWIN NEEDED!!!
...now it`s easy as 123...
Boot.img structure should be the same as shown here http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.ph...ck_Boot_Images

1. For MTK (chineese) phones - use MTK_unpack.bat (MTK_pack.bat)
2. For android standart phones - use STD_unpack.bat (STD_pack.bat)

To unpack: - drag boot.img (recovery.img) to unpack.bat ("unpack.bat boot.img" in command line)
- will be created "boot" ("recovery") folder with unpacked ramdisk inside - you can make changes and:
To pack back: - drag output folder ("boot" or "recovery") to pack.bat
- will be created new_image.img

I did this successfully on Lenovo A789 MTK6577 - it 100% works fine.
I`ve repack boot and recovery for phones listed below - but have no possibility to check out on the phone - so any volunteers appreciated...
- Samsung Galaxy S i9001, Galaxy III, Note II
- HTC Desire V sense 4

Not work with:
- Samsung Galaxy Note I, Tab I

But be careful - make backup and be ready to flash bricked phone with your flash utility.

UPD. v4 - win8 x64 support
The Following 165 Users Say Thank You to michfood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift michfood Ad-Free

8th December 2012, 04:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4,131

More
Yeoh michfood, good job man...

i've been hunting up & down for something similar so that fellow xda member will be able to port compatible MT65xx cwmr to their device in Windows without the need of cygwin...

Would you like to KANG my Android Kitchen plugins script here...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yuweng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yuweng Ad-Free
8th December 2012, 04:57 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuweng

Yeoh michfood, good job man...

i've been hunting up & down for something similar so that fellow xda member will be able to port compatible MT65xx cwmr to their device in Windows without the need of cygwin...

Would you like to KANG my Android Kitchen plugins script here...

glad to hear smth like that
hope it`ll helps to make some things easily
but TWRP is much better for me for a while

and I`ve my own kitchen to work around with apks and jars and all firmware at all - odex and deodex them, but I didn`t translate it to english yet http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19708
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to michfood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift michfood Ad-Free
8th December 2012, 05:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4,131

More
Wow, i didn't know you are a Master Shifu...

Hope you do get it translated to english so that the world will benefit from your hard work too...
8th December 2012, 05:48 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuweng

Wow, i didn't know you are a

Master Shifu...

Hope you do get it translated to english so that the world will benefit from your hard work too...

i`m just modest user of chineese phone - and while I`ve making it better - I`ve made some scripts - a lot of things i`ve got from this forum
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to michfood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift michfood Ad-Free
9th December 2012, 08:17 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
wow... I`m really sorry - yesterday I forgot to attach STD bat files in archive - so please - reload files!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michfood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift michfood Ad-Free
13th December 2012, 12:51 AM |#7  
Flag Jibou, Transilvania
Thanks Meter: 1,129

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the tool, it's compact and fast to work with.
Now at my first attempt to decompile it doesn't find some file and the ramdisk folder inside boot remains empty:

Code:
[total hits/matching patterns/non-matching patterns]
[298/1/0] bin\off2.txt
1 files checked, 1 changed.

- pagesize        - 2048
- size of image   - 7232000 byte
- ram_disk offset - 3272704

- split kernel...
3268608 bytes copied.
- extract ram_disk.gz...
3959296 bytes copied.
- unpack ram_disk.gz...
- unpack ram_disk.cpio...
The system cannot find the file specified.
- copy source F:\Porting\ALL_phones_Boot_Recovery_repack_util_for_WINDOWS\boot.img to unpacked folder (to keep source image)...
Press any key to continue . . .
The Following User Says Thank You to _polimorph_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _polimorph_ Ad-Free
13th December 2012, 06:02 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Smth. went wrong... can You give me your boot?
I have to say one thing - not ALL boot can be unpacked - some phones have they own boot structure - it is not correspond to this: http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.ph...ck_Boot_Images - so my utility cannot process them.

For example it is Samsung Note (1) Samsung Galaxy Tab (1)... maybe other.

ps _polimorph_ - by the way... I have an interesting idea.
after unpacking gz archive - You should receive a file without extension in /boot folder - usually it is named "ram_disk" - and after that, my script uses it as source cpio archive to extract.
BUT! if in your boot this file was named "rmdisk" for example - script will stop after gz extraction - because were is no right-named cpio file to decompress.

this is easy to check
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michfood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift michfood Ad-Free
15th December 2012, 01:49 PM |#9  
Flag Saint-Brieuc
Thanks Meter: 2,227

Donate to Me
More
Works on I9001, but not on I9003.
17th December 2012, 06:35 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Alex93917
the structure of stock ROM for i9003 is:

and (!) my utility works fine with normalboot.img - but not (!) with boot.bin - it`s different part of ROM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michfood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift michfood Ad-Free
2nd January 2013, 09:08 PM |#11  
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 1,918

More
Now Allowed to Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michfood

NO MORE LINUX OR CYGWIN NEEDED!!!
...now it`s easy as 123...
Boot.img structure should be the same as shown here http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.ph...ck_Boot_Images

1. For MTK (chineese) phones - use MTK_unpack.bat (MTK_pack.bat)
2. For android standart phones - use STD_unpack.bat (STD_pack.bat)

To unpack: - drag boot.img (recovery.img) to unpack.bat ("unpack.bat boot.img" in command line)
- will be created "boot" ("recovery") folder with unpacked ramdisk inside - you can make changes and:
To pack back: - drag output folder ("boot" or "recovery") to pack.bat
- will be created new_image.img

I did this successfully on Lenovo A789 MTK6577 - it 100% works fine.
I`ve repack boot and recovery for phones listed below - but have no possibility to check out on the phone - so any volunteers appreciated...
- Samsung Galaxy S i9001, Galaxy III, Note II
- HTC Desire V sense 4

Not work with:
- Samsung Galaxy Note I, Tab I

But be careful - make backup and be ready to flash bricked phone with your flash utility.

UPD. v2 - fixed some bags with STD unpack/pack

Hi michfood!
A massive thanks for this fantastic recovery and for all your help getting it to work on my MTK6575 GB v2.3.6 device

I was not allowed to post here earlier because I was a noob but i am sure you have helped many people without knowing it. Please Please keep up the great work us noob's would be toltally lost without you.

Regards bigrammy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)