i'm new of gnote2 but not of android. I'm a php developer and I like to play with my android devices and Linux but I'm surely not a king on Linux little more than a newbie
But first of all i want to describe the scenario:
Since in the past i had a desire hd and i had a normal management of internal memory and sd as separate process my problem is to have a similar management on my gnote2. Also i have 16gb version of gnote2 and i want install a lot of apps!!! Also i have a 64gb sd card available. I have noticed that my gnote2 installs all on internal sd also and apps download all their resources on internal sd. So with some heavy games and heavy app the internal memory became quickly full!!!
My aim so became to use the external sd as internal sd and internal sd ONLY for apps installation so became used as internal memory!
And... yes after a while i have to make this working!!! So now my 64gb external sd is used for all tasks which the internal sd was used and the internal sd is only used for apps storage!! All extra files (resources, caches, etc etc) are stored in my external SD!!
Also if i want to see the internal memory management i can see that now my phone has 64gb internal memory and 16gb external!! WOOW
HOW TO GET IT >>> VERY SIMPLE
Thanks to ashwin123 for this amazing video
Mod for exfat Sd Card for custom kernel
Mod for fat32 Sd Card for custom kernel
Mod for exfat Sd Card for stock kernel with init.d support
Mod for fat32 Sd Card for stock kernel with init.d support
WHAT YOU NEED
- International galaxy note 2 with root, insicure kernel and kernel with init.d support
- External sd card class 4 or superior. (you can try with class 2 also and tell us how it goes)
- Rom with init.d support (if not init.d support see below)
- My file attached
First of all make a nandroid backup!! I'm not responsable for any problem! You make this procedure at your risk!!!
- Format external sd card from your pc as fat32 or extfat
- Copy attached zip in you external sd. Choose the right zip. If you have formatted your sd as fat32 choose _fat32 version, if the filesystem is extfat choose _extfat version
- Go into recovery
- Flash the zip
- Reboot and....enjoy your memory increase!!!!
I'm on official jelly bean with kernel with init.d support but the mod seems not working or my kernel/rom does not support init.d
- Flash the correct mod
- Install script manager from play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd
- Open script manager, click on browse as root then ok
- Choose the file name 11extsd2internalsd located in /system/etc/init.d and click on Script/Executable
- Now tap on Su, Boot and Save
- Reboot your phone and enjoy!
- If you want to access to your INTERNAL SD you have to go with astro or ES filemangaer or what do you wanto to /mnt/extSdCard
- If you want to see how much space do you have simply go in memory info in settings and check but warning: the situation is inverted! The INTERNAL SD is seen as EXTERNAL and viceversa! This situation is present also when you attach phone to pc.
- After the flash, if you don't come from a clean rom installation, please copy all content of /mnt/extSdCard to /sdcard to avoid file conflicts and files lost.
I suggest to start from a clean rom installation then install all apps!
I really suggest to flash this mod after the rom BEFORE first boot. If the rom flashed hasn't a kernel with init.d support follow this order: flash rom, flash kernel with init.d support, flash mod, reboot!
If you want to remove the mod follow this guide
- Install from Play Store Es file Explorer and configure it with root acccess
- Navigate into /etc/init.d
- Delete 11extsd2internalsd
IF YOU HAVE ISSUES
- Rom and kernel in use
- remove mod and app if installed
- with es file explorer with root access or other file manager with root access go into /mnt folder ant take a shoot
- with es file explorer with root access or other file manager with root access go into /dev/block/vold folder and take a shoot
- with terminal emulator type su then mount and take a shoot
- upload photos on this forum
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR DEV/ROM COOKER/WHO WANT'S TO PORT MY MOD
If you want to use the ExtSd2InternalSd in your ROM, give proper credit and a HTML link to this thread.
Do not modify it, do not rebrand it: the name is ExtSd2InternalSd
Modification and redistribution of the attached script is not permitted at all without permission of Mattiadj member
This means that you cannot feel free to zip up the attached script with other tweaks and this means that it is not be edited and shared.
WARNING for USERS: If you use or encounter a ROM with the ExtSd2InternalSd without proper credit given and no ExtSd2InternalSdr source links, please make the Developer aware of it, and if necessary, please let me know about it. Thank you.
Personal Use: You may tweak the ExtSd2InternalSd (leaving credits intact) to your own personal liking as long as it is NOT redistributed in any way.
If you like my job, buy me a beer
Now....feedback, feedback and feedback!