THE ERROR IS NOW FIXED
Application should came back on Play Store in the coming hours
Make a backup, zip it and upload it on your Dropbox or Google Drive in ONE CLICK only !!! (upload is just a feature, you can make the backup and just keep it on your device)
Make it happen every night at 2AM or every two days at noon... or whatever you want
No need to restart your phone during the backup and miss some calls!
You can continue to use your device during the backup (may be laggy on slow device ).
CWM & TWRP support
Very clear explanation from Kantjer (original post here)
Originally Posted by THE RED BLUR
Im still a fan of the old trusted traditional way of backing up via cwm. But must admit I tried out Obackup recently and was impressed with it thanks to kantjers insistence
On Samsung jb when using the app I never had to use a script so will need to look at that if its different for Aokp roms?
Which one is better Online or OBackup?
There basically 3 major developers involved in the world of online backup (online meaning no need to boot in recovery)
- ameer1234567890, who developed the "Online Nandroid Backup" script, this is the script making the actual online nandroid.
The script can be run without any additional apps using a terminal emulator.
- snoopy33, he is the developer of "OBackup"
OBackup is a frontend app that uses the Online Nandroid Backup script for the backup part. But offers a lot of additional features like like easy setup, scheduled backups and backup retention to name a few.
- H3R3T1C, is developing "Nandroid Manager"
a dedicated app to manage all your backups and let you verify MD5 of backups, restore apps+data from nandroid backup and a whole lot of other nice things.
So basically "Online Nandroid Backup"and "OBackup" should give you the same backup result, only if you want the nice extra options go for OB. Nandroid Manager is a great addition to compliment your set off backup tools.
The good news for us as users is that the 3 developers are working closely together to ensure that everything is working nicely together and apps and script are compatible.
A few tips for new users. I have seen a lot of people posting issues using "Online Nandroid" or "OBackup" and most off the time is due to only one off the following things.
- The user didn't install the correct device specific path, this is needed to tell the script where to find the boot and recovery partitions. You can find the patches here
- Don't start messing with selecting partitions to backup, leave that option disabled and OB will backup all the relevant partitions for you. Only use it if you need it and know what you are doing.
- Only use the SD-EXT option if you use apps like app2sd, link2sd, data2sd, etc... otherwise leave that option disabled.
* Easy Backup of your Device
* Backup format: Nandroid (backup of absolutely ALL your data on your device)
* Support CWM and TWRP (for beta tester only - Online Nandroid script version 7)
* Automatic Zip of the Backup (with split zip option)
* Automatic Upload to Dropbox OR Google Drive
* Backup Planning every X days
* Automatic Delete of old backups
* Lots of advanced option (incremental backup, partition selection...)
* Request patch file if not yet available
* Uninstall any system application, not just freeze it
* Kill any task (even system/hided one)
* Elegant Interface
* TASKER plugin
* Nandroid Manager compatible
Want to request a feature?
Vote for one, or add a new one to the list!
Did you find a bug? Please report it here!
Tuto from tricksmash (I thought it was simple enough to not need a tuto)
showmetech.com.br (unknown language)
dotekomanie.cz (unknown language)
pocketables.com (first review)
appzrev.com (very good review of the app)
getandroidstuff.com (10 top new app of the week)
addictivetips.com (very good review on a very good website)
pocketables.com (second review)
pocketables.com (comparison between several backup application)
Video presentation in Italian
Big Thanks to everyone here, and in particular to Kantjer, Electricsheepdreamer, Knääärz and Ikjadoon for helping users since the beginning of this project and the many ideas they shared with me!!!
android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION -> Admob
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION -> Admob
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE -> upload to Dropbox
android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE -> upload to Dropbox
android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS -> push notification (new option to come)
android.permission.GET_TASKS -> task killer
android.permission.INTERNET -> Device recognition / Upload
android.permission.KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES -> task killer
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE -> backup
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE -> backup
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED -> Scheduler
android.permission.VIBRATE -> backup
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK -> backup / zip / upload
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE -> backup / zip