CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL (PREVIEW) for Droid Razr M (XT907) - Consumer and Developer Edition

Search This thread

dhacker29

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 27, 2011
Millsboro, DE
CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL for Droid Razr M (XT907)
Requires unlocked bootloader

OK I have a new build so I figured I should update this post. Been some time I know. Here goes

Thanks as always to:
Hashcode for always answering my questions
DroidTh3ory for getting me into this
Epinter for helping me get the ball rolling and fixing wifi and other things
Google for the source and awesome android
CM for all the mods and code fixes

Working features:
Pretty much everything but CamCorder

What doesn't work (that I know of):
CamCorder (Video Camera mode)

Download link: http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/cm-10.1-20130518-UNOFFICIAL-xt907.zip

GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps

All source modifications can be found at: https://github.com/razrqcom-dev-team

As always enjoy and have fun!

Last edited:

jtommyj

Apr 24, 2011
So it booted up and seems really smooth for a preview so thanks much for an awesome job. The only bug i find right now is that Play Store keeps fc on me. i'm using the 11/30 gapps for 4.2.Is anyone else having this ? Should i try a different Gapps ?

Thanks again,

Tom

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
So it booted up and seems really smooth for a preview so thanks much for an awesome job. The only bug i find right now is that Play Store keeps fc on me. i'm using the 11/30 gapps for 4.2.Is anyone else having this ? Should i try a different Gapps ?

Thanks again,

Tom

Mine did the same thing bro.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jtommyj

simpledave

Oct 7, 2012
Me too just sold my razr M.. no devs and no great fun thing to do.. im looking forward to the new Sony ZL.. much better device.

jtommyj

Apr 24, 2011
Me too just sold my razr M.. no devs and no great fun thing to do.. im looking forward to the new Sony ZL.. much better device.

I hear you there. Granted I come from a Samsung Fascinate with much more development and ease of development (unlocked boot loader, etc.) But this thing Is getting passed on so I can grab something a little more developer friendly and fun to toy with. Every night I get home to a basically new ROM for the Fascinate and I'm spending more time playing on a basically 3 yr old phone most of the time lol

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

Reactions: pavlak21

Outta

Feb 1, 2010
To turn on NFC:

1. Make a Backup of rom after install
2. Install stock rom/return to stock backup.
3. Turn NFC on within the stock ROM.
4. Restore back to CM10 and NFC will be turned on.

Your welcome. :)

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

i9f that dose not work flash this nfcfix.zip http://www.mediafire.com/?y6vx27cpaasqhxs

Reactions: Leraeniesh

techfellow

Oct 20, 2009
Gordon

This really sucks I was hopping for a really good 4.2 rom for my M. I wouldn't hold my breath with the Sony ZL, while it looks like a great device, you know how Sony LOVE to lock down their phones/tablets. I have the original Tablet S some was able to root, before Sony pushed out the last firmware which left me in the cold.

ktracho13

Jan 19, 2013
Elkhart
This really sucks I was hopping for a really good 4.2 rom for my M. I wouldn't hold my breath with the Sony ZL, while it looks like a great device, you know how Sony LOVE to lock down their phones/tablets. I have the original Tablet S some was able to root, before Sony pushed out the last firmware which left me in the cold.

Great going to try this out.

sujaanj

Oct 9, 2011
Any further development on this? Daily driver material?

Dave is having some trouble getting the framebuffer for our qHD panel going in the 4.2 kernel if I understand correctly, but he's working at it. Once that's set we should see some quicker development because CM10.1 is in pretty good shape for the RAZR HD, which shares a lot of our hardware.

ktracho13

Jan 19, 2013
Elkhart
Dave is having some trouble getting the framebuffer for our qHD panel going in the 4.2 kernel if I understand correctly, but he's working at it. Once that's set we should see some quicker development because CM10.1 is in pretty good shape for the RAZR HD, which shares a lot of our hardware.
I'm looking forward for his work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL for Droid Razr M (XT907)
    Requires unlocked bootloader

OK I have a new build so I figured I should update this post. Been some time I know. Here goes

Thanks as always to:
    Hashcode for always answering my questions
    DroidTh3ory for getting me into this
    Epinter for helping me get the ball rolling and fixing wifi and other things
    Google for the source and awesome android
    CM for all the mods and code fixes

Working features:
    Pretty much everything but CamCorder

What doesn't work (that I know of):
    CamCorder (Video Camera mode)

Download link: http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/cm-10.1-20130518-UNOFFICIAL-xt907.zip

GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps

All source modifications can be found at: https://github.com/razrqcom-dev-team

As always enjoy and have fun!
    If you guys are willing Guinea pig I'll make a build this weekend. I don't have the M any longer.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
    New bulid in OP fixed Camera preview updated to latest adreno graphics drivers from QDevNet. Enjoy
    Updatus Genericum

For anyone coming late to this thread:

1. Nightly Builds can be found here.
    2. Google Apps can be found here. (Choose the one for CyanogenMod 10.1.x - 4.2.2)
    3. Dhacker and Hashcode are awesome.
    3.5 Dhacker and Hashcode and other awesome devs are still working on kernel and code updates for this ROM

As of 6/16/2013 (and a few versions before) I can confirm that:
    - Camera Works (And can be accessed by Facebook and some other 3rd party apps)
    - Video Camera Works
    - Wifi Works
    - Bluetooth Works (Inlcuding A2DP Music Streaming)
    - Pretty much everything works except for Wifi Direct and possibly NFC
    - If you experience issues connecting to Windows via USB, try turning USB debugging off and then back on.

There are still some odd video driver errors (tearing and/or static screens)
    For the most part these are uncommon.
    Basically this is a Daily Driver. Issues with HDR and Camera performance have been experienced across other CM 10.1 devices (and are probably 10.1 issues - NOT bugs with this handset.)

For reference: I used TWRP 2.5.0.0 to flash this. You MUST be Unlocked and Rooted.
    Finally: If you benefit from running this firmware you should thank and/or donate to the devs.
    Technically you can use safe strap and unlocked boot loader how do you think we developed it :D but that said this new Rom isn't for safe strap I'll update op tomorrow. Need sleep. FYI have about $150 towards the 907 purchase thanks everyone

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2