FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] LG Optimus L9: How to install apps to sd card

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By bad113, Member on 11th December 2012, 04:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
By default, internal memory call is "sdcard" and sdcard will call "ex-sdcard" , so, apps will install on "sdcard". it make internal memory get low when i install some apps with big data.
Now, my sdcard is free to 3,5Gb but i can't install any app because "sdcard" is full

anyone can help me solve this ?

11th December 2012, 05:33 PM |#2  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
You need rooted phone for this

Sent from my ST23i using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to iSpammer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iSpammer Ad-Free
12th December 2012, 04:30 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thx, but you can say what i need to do after my phone rooted?
my way now is move manually all data from Android folder in internal memory to Android folder on sdcard
12th December 2012, 03:31 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 144

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad113

thx, but you can say what i need to do after my phone rooted?
my way now is move manually all data from Android folder in internal memory to Android folder on sdcard

The phone has the internal memory mounted on /sdcard, and the external sd card mounted on /sdcard/external_sd.
Many apps save their data on /sdcard, so in the internal memory.
I used this script to mount the data from my external sd to the right location (you need root and busybox):
Code:
busybox mount -o bind /sdcard/external_sd/Android/data /sdcard/Android/data
Code:
busybox mount -o bind /sdcard/external_sd/Android/obb /sdcard/Android/obb
This will move the data to the external sd. To move the app (apk file) you should use something like this:
Code:
busybox mount -o bind /sdcard/external_sd/data/app /data/app
I'm using ScriptManager to run the scripts at boot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sguerrini97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sguerrini97 Ad-Free
20th December 2012, 03:17 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Why on earth would LG release the phone like this? It makes sd cards useless. Apps don't use the sd card at all and install extra data to the tiny internal storage itself which is only 2Gb. I can't even download offline maps because I don't have enough space. Has LG acknowledged the problem? I'm going to return this phone because of this
20th December 2012, 10:06 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Solution to data problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by redspeed

Why on earth would LG release the phone like this? It makes sd cards useless. Apps don't use the sd card at all and install extra data to the tiny internal storage itself which is only 2Gb. I can't even download offline maps because I don't have enough space. Has LG acknowledged the problem? I'm going to return this phone because of this

Here the solution:

[TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT req

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1410262
The Following User Says Thank You to Teohc78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Teohc78 Ad-Free
2nd January 2013, 10:37 PM |#7  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Work with Lg L9 for moving apps???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teohc78

Here the solution:

[TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT req

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1410262

Is this software "DirectoryBind" also works with latest Lg L9.. .?? I haven't rooted yet but if it works well, then I'll definitely root. I only root my phone bcoz of moving apps from phone external sd card. Currently Lg L9's root is temporary only, So what the differnce will I face when working on phone (rooting just bcoz of moving app), plz reply ASAP
7th March 2013, 02:28 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by living4angel

Is this software "DirectoryBind" also works with latest Lg L9.. .?? I haven't rooted yet but if it works well, then I'll definitely root. I only root my phone bcoz of moving apps from phone external sd card. Currently Lg L9's root is temporary only, So what the differnce will I face when working on phone (rooting just bcoz of moving app), plz reply ASAP

L9 root not just temporary now. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2173465
25th May 2013, 04:46 PM |#9  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman75

L9 root not just temporary now. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2173465

how about swapping memory......noob here
29th May 2013, 09:00 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up LG added Apps To SD
Hi Friends,

I had decided to root my LG L9 once my warranty period gets over to get App to SD functionality added.
But now LG has incorporated this functionality in its May, 13 's Software update.
So now no need to root any more.
Just go and update your OS using "Software Update" and use App to SD functionality in "App Settings"

Don't forget to click on Thanks button.

Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad113

By default, internal memory call is "sdcard" and sdcard will call "ex-sdcard" , so, apps will install on "sdcard". it make internal memory get low when i install some apps with big data.
Now, my sdcard is free to 3,5Gb but i can't install any app because "sdcard" is full

anyone can help me solve this ?

31st May 2013, 06:27 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh13

Hi Friends,

I had decided to root my LG L9 once my warranty period gets over to get App to SD functionality added.
But now LG has incorporated this functionality in its May, 13 's Software update.
So now no need to root any more.
Just go and update your OS using "Software Update" and use App to SD functionality in "App Settings"

Don't forget to click on Thanks button.

Enjoy

My phone still does not have that function, what version of android are you on?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)