Thanks Meter: 1,756

Post Reply Email Thread
24th December 2012, 08:46 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hey Guys!

Thanks for all the support and feedback. I have been reading all the bug reports people have submitted and I will be replying back to you all shortly with either a new fixed version for testing or a improved logging method so we can fix the problem! If any of you have had any trouble with the app or have found a bug PLEASE reply in this topic or submit a bug report via the app!

Also I would like to thank XDA for featuring my app on the front page!

What is planned for next few public build?
* Better detection of installed recovery. Right now I look at /cache/recovery/last_log to determine what recovery you have but it is no where near perfect. If anyone has a better way of detecting what recovery is installed please send me a PM!
* Fix various bugs that people have reported via the app's bug report.
* When app is first run it will check if necessary tools such as SU and the latest version of busybox are installed. If the preconditions are not met app will advise the user on how to fix these problems.
* Add support for restoring system apps from nandroid backup.
* Choose location where the user wants to save compressed backup.
* Flash recovery from app. ** What I'm thinking with this is user can either flash a recovery from one of their nandroid backups or I will be working on a system where the user will be able to download the latest version of CWM or TWRP for their device and flash it.
* For users with TWRP 2.1 and above I will be supporting OpenRecoveryScript so the user will be able to use a GUI interface to either backup or restore (depending on what is in your backup) and boot directly into recovery and preform the operation all without having to deal with the backup GUI.
* Support for restoring other things from nandroid backup like possibly bookmarks, contacts, sms, etc.
* Anything else the community requests!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to H3R3T1C For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift H3R3T1C Ad-Free
24th December 2012, 09:00 AM |#22  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 1,644

More
Hi H3, loving this app. Was using Nandroid browser but it hasn't been updated in about a year. This is getting off to an awesome start.

Just one request. Can you add an option to set a default directory for extracted files? Or make it remember the last used directory? Would be really handy.

Again, thanks for the great app!

Sent from my calculator!
24th December 2012, 02:43 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1,186

More
Side-loaded to my LG P500 (OK, it's old, obsolete, still made and sold!). Adb install did not "finish," had the c/c out. App did get installed, however.
Tried to run it. Gets to the "initial run" screen and sits there. Had to reboot (using adb, phone not responding to anything), that with difficulty to get out and remove it.

How long is that "initial run" supposed to last. The mostly useless "nandroid browser" app comes up immediately with the CWM backups I have. Can't see much in them with that app. Had some hope for this one.

I even suspected it as malware but the problem was apparently elsewhere.
24th December 2012, 04:31 PM |#24  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
Mobile Odin
Installed Alpha v4
N7100 Stock ROM XEF....DLL4

Installed image & patched.

Tested Onandroid backup files.

Verify MD5 - All pass
Rename - Pass
Compress - Pass
Delete - Pass

Have not tried Restore Data yet using this app.

However, Can I perform recovery or restore the .zip file created by this app using Mobile Odin?
24th December 2012, 04:39 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 591

More
Niceee, but it dont have icon yet.

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium
24th December 2012, 06:45 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 275

More
Can't wait for CWM v6 support!
24th December 2012, 07:09 PM |#27  
Mojokerto
Thanks Meter: 66

More
This is was what im looking for. :thumbup:

Sent from my WT19i using xda app-developers app
24th December 2012, 07:23 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brds7t7

Just one request. Can you add an option to set a default directory for extracted files? Or make it remember the last used directory? Would be really handy.

Thanks for the request. I'm changed it so that when a file is successfully extracted the app will remember the last used directory and put that path in the path in the text box next time. Also when user hits browse the the directory selector will open up the path in the text box if the path is valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidhalevi

Tried to run it. Gets to the "initial run" screen and sits there. Had to reboot (using adb, phone not responding to anything), that with difficulty to get out and remove it.

How long is that "initial run" supposed to last. The mostly useless "nandroid browser" app comes up immediately with the CWM backups I have. Can't see much in them with that app. Had some hope for this one.

The initial run should take 30 seconds at the very most! What is going on during the initial run is the app is installing yaffstool which is a tool that I created using the unyaffs source. It allows this app to open backups that are in the yaffs2 format. After installation of yaffstool the app will check for TWRP and CWM folders in the usual places. Once all that is done the app will load like normal.
This app requires that you have the latest version of busybox installed as well as the latest version of su installed. If those two preconditions are not met then the app may not work correctly when trying to install the yaffstool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdroxxx

However, Can I perform recovery or restore the .zip file created by this app using Mobile Odin?

The zips created with this app are just all the files of the backup compressed into one and are not flashable or work with Mobile odin. I will however look into adding the ability to create flashable zips and Mobile odin support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaso

Niceee, but it dont have icon yet.

Thats why I started an icon contest for this app in the first post!
The Following User Says Thank You to H3R3T1C For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift H3R3T1C Ad-Free
24th December 2012, 07:59 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy34

Yes, in the OP, under Current Features, 2nd thing listed is delete and rename backups

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Did not see that! Thanks.
24th December 2012, 10:14 PM |#30  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just downloaded in my HOX running ARHD 17.1 and everything is looking good so far

Edit: just found that it won't boot to recovery (CWM 5.8.4.0)

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app
25th December 2012, 12:50 AM |#31  
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,232

Donate to Me
More
Should integrate ameer1234567890's http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1620255 into your app and make it AIO
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, manager, nandroid, yaffs

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)