FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[Q] Disabling HTC Sync Manager from auto-start when phone plugged in

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By lyubohar, Junior Member on 13th December 2012, 04:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This may be stupid, but couldn't find any cure...As title says - anyone knows how to disable the thing from auto-starting when I plug in my One X into the PC? Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to lyubohar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lyubohar Ad-Free

13th December 2012, 04:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Do you use it HTC Sync Manager or did you install it just because of the drivers? If only because of the drivers, uninstall the whole thing and leave the drivers installed. Here's only the drivers if someone needs them: http://www.mediafire.com/?fye0ryom9wuyvrm (someone posted this on another thread, I take no credit).

If you do use HTC Sync Manager, one quick and easy way I found was to disable the HTCMonitorService.
13th December 2012, 06:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sofia

More
Thanks for the input.

It is uninstalled and I don't use it. The thing is that the moment I plug in my phone, either of these happens:
- The setup of the Sync Manager starts automatically (if not installed), so I have to cancel it manually every time;
- The Sync manager itself launches (if installed).

There's no windows service or entry in the registry, nothing. It's obviously in the phone itself as an image, as the installation appears in my PC as a virtual drive the moment I plug in my phone.

I'm using JB.
13th December 2012, 06:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
You can try the auto-run settings in windows, or if you feel brave about it (and if rooted or maybe not, since i didnt try this) remove the htc stuff from your phone
14th December 2012, 07:25 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sofia

More
Auto-run settings seems to be ignored, phone not rooted yet, but I was hoping to resolve this on Windows level...
14th December 2012, 05:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyubohar

Auto-run settings seems to be ignored, phone not rooted yet, but I was hoping to resolve this on Windows level...

I changed the auto-run settings and i dont get any messages anymore
14th December 2012, 06:08 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sofia

More
Also did it but setting is ignored for some reason. Will try again, thanks. Now at least I know this *should* normally work
14th December 2012, 06:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
The autorun settings is one way to solve the problem but you'll still see a "cd drive" in Explorer when the phone is connected and I, for one, don't like that. If you want to "fix" that, connect your phone to the PC and press "Windows Key + Pause/Break", open "Device Manager" and under "DVD/CD-ROM drives" disable the one relevant to the phone.

You'll still be able to browse the files in the phone within Explorer, it's just the "cd drive" with HTC Sync Manager installation that won't appear anymore.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Nazgulled For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nazgulled Ad-Free
15th December 2012, 07:21 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sofia

More
But of course! Can't believe I didn't think of that, thanks man!
The Following User Says Thank You to lyubohar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lyubohar Ad-Free
25th July 2013, 11:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
try disabling "HTCMonitorService" thru Computer Management>>Services and Applications>> Services
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samhill22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samhill22 Ad-Free
23rd January 2014, 05:33 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhill22

try disabling "HTCMonitorService" thru Computer Management>>Services and Applications>> Services

Worked like a charm, thanks @samhill22
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-start, htc sync manager

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)