FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AOKP--JB-4.1.2 for gtab (with Rom Control) 12/13/2012

822 posts
Thanks Meter: 500

By redeyedjedi, Senior Member on 14th December 2012, 04:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok peeps, here is another great rom for you to play with.
For those who dont know what the Android Open Kang Project is:

http://aokp.co/

This rom strives to utilize the best hacks and mods of all roms and put them into one great build.
It was built by me, but it is coded by a wonderful crew of smart people and it performs quite well.
It features many nice addons:

* customized lockscreen with color changing for the text and a nice weather widget plus more
* customize navigation bar, Navbar hiding for NBA JAm and other phone Ui games and apps
* color theming for the navbar, along with the ability to add navbar buttons which you can set to do what you want

Basically, tons of stuff. I recommend flashing and going to settings>Rom Control and just spending about thirty minutes seeing all the things you can do.

On my end, I have tried to remove what we dont need for some extra RAM. I changed up the teamdrh device overlays to suit this ROM. modified build.prop for gameloft compatibility, applied Nobe's fixes for hdmi audio and gaming audio. Various other things to get it working well.......
This is still a work in progress!!!!

Many thanks to teamdrh for the "OEM device support"
Many thanks to Fosser for his kernel
Many thanks to the AOKP crew for such a great ROM

****INSTALL INFO*******

1. Use teamdrh nvflash for Jellybean - the 350meg prep
2. Wipe data/ factory reset
3. connect to PC, copy rom, and Flash away

ENJOY!

Known Issues:

Stock launcher has shortcut issues, YOU WILL NEED A DIFFERENT ONE. I left it alone so you guys could just use what you want. I recommend Nova Launcher, this is the one AOKP uses on official builds, but again, I left it alone so you could decide, but you will not be disappointed with Nova.

AOKP has their own wallpapaers, the app would not retrieve them though, still looking into this

Internal Camera, of course, NOT YET!

Others? please....you tell me. I dont have a dock, and I dont do many of the things that others do, so there may be issues that I have not yet uncovered. I dont care about logcats or whatever, just post what dont work if you find something. THANKS!

YOU MUST GO THANK ANY MEMBER OF THE AOKP CREW, AS WELL AS TEAMDRH. THEY MAKE THIS POSSIBLE.

http://devhost.xda-developers.com/1Mz

Recommended GAPPS:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ps+market+only
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

As always, flash at your own risk. Merry Christmas!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to redeyedjedi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redeyedjedi Ad-Free

14th December 2012, 04:16 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved
14th December 2012, 09:10 AM |#3  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Congratulations

Super to have your great support. Despite I'am not AOKP fan,but for sure I will test it during the weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to lulonen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lulonen Ad-Free
14th December 2012, 09:47 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Any screen shots?
The Following User Says Thank You to Nash Enders For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nash Enders Ad-Free
15th December 2012, 09:54 PM |#5  
Flag The Darkside
Thanks Meter: 1,362

More
Guys I am currently testing this Bad A$$ build and will let you know how it goes. Had to change somethings so that I can run it on my current 250m system, no hardware stuff just bloated phone crap. I will post some Screenies for you later. TY
The Following User Says Thank You to nobe1976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nobe1976 Ad-Free
15th December 2012, 10:51 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Enders

Any screen shots?

Yeah I tested this for a couple of days, and threw it up for you guys to play with it. Im sure it has bugs that I didnt find, but I have been knee deep in trying to get 4.2 to boot and I dont have this rom loaded, but I will reload when I get a chance and throw some screenshots up for you.

I will say, though, this is the most user customizeable rom yet.
15th December 2012, 10:53 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobe1976

Guys I am currently testing this Bad A$$ build and will let you know how it goes. Had to change somethings so that I can run it on my current 250m system, no hardware stuff just bloated phone crap. I will post some Screenies for you later. TY

check the RAM...... should be from 180-205 mb free most of the time!
15th December 2012, 11:05 PM |#8  
Flag The Darkside
Thanks Meter: 1,362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyedjedi

check the RAM...... should be from 180-205 mb free most of the time!

Swagpaper.apk doesn't work because there isn't any paper in it and also it might not match the SystemUI or Framework-res to open up. Going to pull some apktool skills on this and see what I can come up with.
The Following User Says Thank You to nobe1976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nobe1976 Ad-Free
15th December 2012, 11:41 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyedjedi

Yeah I tested this for a couple of days, and threw it up for you guys to play with it. Im sure it has bugs that I didnt find, but I have been knee deep in trying to get 4.2 to boot and I dont have this rom loaded, but I will reload when I get a chance and throw some screenshots up for you.

I will say, though, this is the most user customizeable rom yet.

Hi! Thanks for the rom !
I was testing. I can't overclock. With Settings or System Tuner I can't change the frequency over 1Ghz... The slider won't go across 1ghz. Weird

My fault, just needed to make the gesture right. Running on 1.2 ghz!
The Following User Says Thank You to johnnybr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnnybr Ad-Free
16th December 2012, 08:58 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybr

Hi! Thanks for the rom !
I was testing. I can't overclock. With Settings or System Tuner I can't change the frequency over 1Ghz... The slider won't go across 1ghz. Weird

My fault, just needed to make the gesture right. Running on 1.2 ghz!

You could also try tjohnson's boot.img, then overclock in the rom to 1.5. If it works go hit his thanks button though.
The Following User Says Thank You to redeyedjedi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redeyedjedi Ad-Free
17th December 2012, 06:04 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
can someone show me how to post screenshots???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)