FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW TO:]N8013 Users: Use Odin to Install the New U.S. 4.1.2 JB ROM [UPDATED: 16JAN]

10,143 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,160

By BarryH_GEG, Senior Member on 15th December 2012, 04:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread is no longer valid or necessary other than as a guide on how to use Odin. U.S. users that are bone stock should be able to apply the update via OTA or Kies. If anyone's having an issue they can install the U.S. JB ROM by using Odin to manually replace their current U.S. ROM with a completely new copy of the U.S. JB ROM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Basically what you’re doing is replacing your current PDA (MD5) file with the U.S. 4.1.2 version that's just been released.

To install a ROM it's easiest to use desktop Odin. You can download Odin 1.85 here…

https://www.google.com/search?q=odin...ddress&ie=&oe=

Make sure you’ve got Kies installed on your PC because it installs the Windows drivers necessary for Odin to see your device.

Download the full and complete U.S. 4.1.2 JB ROM here…

http://hotfile.com/dl/189276711/f831...40396.zip.html

Unzip the file you downloaded. After it's extracted you should see an MD5 file. That's what you're going to install. Right-click on the Odin EXE file you downloaded and run it as administrator.

Put your device in to “download mode” by turning it off and then restarting it by pressing the power and volume down buttons at the same time. You should see an “are you sure?” message from Samsung. Accept it and your device is now in download mode.

Connect your device to your PC via USB. If the connection’s successful it should look like this…

Next, click on the PDA button and locate the file you extracted and then click start...

You’ll see the update’s progress in the message box in Odin and via a progress bar on your device. When Odin signal’s it’s finished disconnect your device and it will finish installing the new files.

That's it. Your N8013 is now running a fresh install of 4.1.2.
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BarryH_GEG Ad-Free

15th December 2012, 04:33 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
These are the directions I followed - many thanks!!
15th December 2012, 06:38 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So, it's confirmed that it won't affect the flash counter for sure? I'm thinking of using the All-Share Cast dongle in the future and it exhibits some strange behavior if the flash counter hasn't been reset...
15th December 2012, 06:44 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Will this work on n8000?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app
15th December 2012, 07:11 AM |#5  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 388

Donate to Me
More
Yes it will work the same for all note models but you need to make sure have the firmware for that particular model.

No it will not change your count, you can install stock roms of any regions as many times you want it will not change the count.

Your count will change when you root it or install a custom rom you can easily reset the flash counter
15th December 2012, 08:10 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
It seemed so simple...followed instructions to the tee. I just got status 7 error. Failed when I tried to flash update.zip from external SD card. Now s note is fc every second. I might have to go return my tablet tomorrow any ideas or help? I am not new to flashing roms but I haven't ever seen this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
15th December 2012, 08:20 AM |#7  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 388

Donate to Me
More
Flashing OTA is always tricky, think you were flashing a zip file I would not recomend it.

Also make sure the OTA is for the same version an region as your rom is otherwise it will give you errors
15th December 2012, 09:54 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Did you download the N8010XXALI3 version or the N8010XXALGC version as there are two German versions in that list.

Not sure if that would make a difference.
15th December 2012, 10:01 AM |#9  
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETCASHMONEY

It seemed so simple...followed instructions to the tee. I just got status 7 error. Failed when I tried to flash update.zip from external SD card. Now s note is fc every second. I might have to go return my tablet tomorrow any ideas or help? I am not new to flashing roms but I haven't ever seen this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

No need to return, go back into recovery and clear the cache. Then reinstall the update. Boot into your tab, it might be a bit laggy at first but let it sit for about 5 minutes DON'T TOUCH IT. Reboot the tab and it should be fine. I had a similar issue, my tab is now flying along. For any fc you get, go into the app and clear all the stored data. IF it continues uninstall and reinstall. Remember, you are going from ICS to Jelly Bean, some apps act differently in Jelly Bean.

Riki
15th December 2012, 10:55 AM |#10  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 82

Donate to Me
More
Just to be safe I assume I will be ok if I am rooted and dont have stock recovery. I will just have to reroot. Correct?
15th December 2012, 12:02 PM |#11  
Flag Ploiesti
Thanks Meter: 103

More
After you flash the German stock ICS with Odin you will get back the stock recovery.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)