[KERNEL][GPL][3.0.y]Advanced Sense Kernel - r2: update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thachtunganh

Mar 19, 2011
Hà Nội - Hanoi
[KERNEL][GPL][3.0.y]Advanced Sense Kernel - r2

The Beast Mode kernel was buit by sbryan12144 from Team Blackout. It based on Team Virtuous HTC msm7x30 3.0 kernel. A month later, p2pjack forked blackout kernel repo and started writing his own kernel, then he named it "Beast Mode MOD kernel". Unfortunately, 2 weeks later, p2pjack had bought a Nexus 4 and moved on. So i PMed him to let me take over his work and continue working on it. This is what he said to me:
p2pjack said:
Well everyone its been fun but its time i moved on have a nexus 4 now and the dhd being retired to the bottom draw as a back up phone . When someone else takes over with this kernel i will close this thread .
Thankyou to everyone here and sbryan12144 for his kernel beastmode

thachtunganh will be taking over this thread soon as the mods change it :)
06/02/2013: No more Beast Mode MOD Kernel, now renamed to Advanced Sense Kernel (A.K.A The A.S.K), rebased on DevChun's Kernel with some patches from Beast Mode MOD Kernel.
31/03/2013: This is now completely discontinued. From now i'm working on HD-Kernel.

This theard is now closed until i work on another project.
Thank you for using and loving my work!

Last edited:

thachtunganh

Mar 19, 2011
Hà Nội - Hanoi
Working-in-process

WIP:
  • Implement Sweep2wake. ---- DONE
  • Improving battery life. ---- With Sense 4.1/4.5 ROMs, the battery is almost good as kernel 2.6.35, it still drains a bit faster, but it's enough for daily using.
  • Choose a best governor to set as default governor. -- done, use Interactive governor.

Last edited:

thachtunganh

Mar 19, 2011
Hà Nội - Hanoi
Beta Version:

Beta Version:
  • Beta version will be write as DD/MM/YYYY, there will be no edition names for each beta version.
  • Beta version will have bugs/issues. Please report bugs/issues that you found WITH a logcat, if you don't report bugs/issues by following those steps, your report will be ignored, because it will be useless...
  • Beta version will have some experimental features, so it MAYBE dangerous for your device, so use it at your own risk, BACKUP YOUR PHONE BEFORE TEST THEM!
  • If you don't follow guide/instruction for Beta version and then you break your device ; you won't get help from me, i will laugh at your face!
  • Thank you for read all information above! Have a great day!

1/03/2013: A new beta version. This is r2a beta version, if it's stable, so it will be stable version.
Changelog is on Github. There are some improvements for performance and power (battery life). And r3 will be released until s2w code for synaptic_3k touchscreen driver is available. r3 will have many changes, like new undervolting code, GPU overclocking code, ....

So, here is the link to r2a beta version, please BACKUP YOUR PHONE before test it: http://www.mediafire.com/?5s00rucrxhrmolh

Trick:

How to check which touch screen driver you have?:
Download 'Terminal Emulator' App from Google Play, then type this in:
Code:
cat /sys/android_touch/vendor
Then you will see some kind of 'code' like this:
Code:
ATMEL_blahblah_blahblahblah :p
, that means you have Atmel touch screen driver.

Sweep2wake feature:
Authored by show-p1984. If you don't know how it is, please spend a little time to watch this Video:

To active/control it, you should use ViperDHD ROM, there is a option in Venom Tweaks (Setting Application -> Scroll down a bit -> Venom Tweaks), you can control it (Only can 'Enable' or 'Disable' for now, 'Enable (no backlight buttons)' option hasn't worked yet, DO NOT TRY IT!).
If you use another Sense ROMs (Sabsa Prime/Bliss, Blackout, Virtuous Infinity...), download "Sweep2Wake-Widget" app from Google Play Store. It's a Widget, so use it as a Widget, download it, then add the Widget to your home screen, tap it. When it turn to green color, s2w is ready/

Get the 'last_kmsg' and 'kmsg' files:
To get those file. Just use a File Manager app which can access to "/" partion. Then access to "/proc", you will find them in there.

Last edited:

SayAliFlyeer

Feb 4, 2012
I used the latest kernel here and doesnt work well for music quality on Sabsa Prime Rom so I reverted to kernel .51

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

Roberto_Lim

Jul 25, 2012
Any chance you could make one for Beastmode v1.5? Are there any significant differences between Beastmode v1.5 and v1.5?

Last, if I remember correctly, you made some tweaks to the Beastmode kernel, are this present in your v1.5, or is your v1.5 a stock v1.5 updated to 3.0.55?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

Any chance you could make one for Beastmode v1.5? Are there any significant differences between Beastmode v1.5 and v1.5?

Last, if I remember correctly, you made some tweaks to the Beastmode kernel, are this present in your v1.5, or is your v1.5 a stock v1.5 updated to 3.0.55?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks.

Yes the tweaks are there :) will send you a pm later

BeastMode 1.5 MOD V0.1

Reactions: Roberto_Lim
I used the latest kernel here and doesnt work well for music quality on Sabsa Prime Rom so I reverted to kernel .51

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

Sorry to hear that but I'm very happy that there is more choices of kernel now just wish the other devs would come to xda and update there work here to :)

BeastMode 1.5 MOD V0.1

rustin921

May 4, 2012
Wisconsin
What is the difference between the v0.1 and v0.2? And can this be flashed on Blackout 3.2?

Thanks.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Wolf and rustin921

Roberto_Lim

Jul 25, 2012
Will observe v0.1 for a day, than flash v0.2. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Roberto_Lim

Jul 25, 2012
v0.2 is working or better for me in terms of battery life. Am running Blackout v3.2.

Last edited:
Reactions: rustin921
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reversed post.... Just in case :)!
    [KERNEL][GPL][3.0.y]Advanced Sense Kernel - r2

The Beast Mode kernel was buit by sbryan12144 from Team Blackout. It based on Team Virtuous HTC msm7x30 3.0 kernel. A month later, p2pjack forked blackout kernel repo and started writing his own kernel, then he named it "Beast Mode MOD kernel". Unfortunately, 2 weeks later, p2pjack had bought a Nexus 4 and moved on. So i PMed him to let me take over his work and continue working on it. This is what he said to me:
    p2pjack said:
    Well everyone its been fun but its time i moved on have a nexus 4 now and the dhd being retired to the bottom draw as a back up phone . When someone else takes over with this kernel i will close this thread .
    Thankyou to everyone here and sbryan12144 for his kernel beastmode

thachtunganh will be taking over this thread soon as the mods change it :)
    06/02/2013: No more Beast Mode MOD Kernel, now renamed to Advanced Sense Kernel (A.K.A The A.S.K), rebased on DevChun's Kernel with some patches from Beast Mode MOD Kernel.
    31/03/2013: This is now completely discontinued. From now i'm working on HD-Kernel.

This theard is now closed until i work on another project.
    Thank you for using and loving my work!
    s2wake for synaptic is almost done,now it is working,but callibration needed (now It's working almost a half of the screen :) not only on the buttons).so just wait a little longer.
    Beta Version:

Beta Version:
    • Beta version will be write as DD/MM/YYYY, there will be no edition names for each beta version.
    • Beta version will have bugs/issues. Please report bugs/issues that you found WITH a logcat, if you don't report bugs/issues by following those steps, your report will be ignored, because it will be useless...
    • Beta version will have some experimental features, so it MAYBE dangerous for your device, so use it at your own risk, BACKUP YOUR PHONE BEFORE TEST THEM!
    • If you don't follow guide/instruction for Beta version and then you break your device ; you won't get help from me, i will laugh at your face!
    • Thank you for read all information above! Have a great day!

1/03/2013: A new beta version. This is r2a beta version, if it's stable, so it will be stable version.
    Changelog is on Github. There are some improvements for performance and power (battery life). And r3 will be released until s2w code for synaptic_3k touchscreen driver is available. r3 will have many changes, like new undervolting code, GPU overclocking code, ....

So, here is the link to r2a beta version, please BACKUP YOUR PHONE before test it: http://www.mediafire.com/?5s00rucrxhrmolh

Trick:

How to check which touch screen driver you have?:
    Download 'Terminal Emulator' App from Google Play, then type this in:
    Code:
    cat /sys/android_touch/vendor
    Then you will see some kind of 'code' like this:
    Code:
    ATMEL_blahblah_blahblahblah :p
    , that means you have Atmel touch screen driver.

Sweep2wake feature:
    Authored by show-p1984. If you don't know how it is, please spend a little time to watch this Video:

To active/control it, you should use ViperDHD ROM, there is a option in Venom Tweaks (Setting Application -> Scroll down a bit -> Venom Tweaks), you can control it (Only can 'Enable' or 'Disable' for now, 'Enable (no backlight buttons)' option hasn't worked yet, DO NOT TRY IT!).
    If you use another Sense ROMs (Sabsa Prime/Bliss, Blackout, Virtuous Infinity...), download "Sweep2Wake-Widget" app from Google Play Store. It's a Widget, so use it as a Widget, download it, then add the Widget to your home screen, tap it. When it turn to green color, s2w is ready/

Get the 'last_kmsg' and 'kmsg' files:
    To get those file. Just use a File Manager app which can access to "/" partion. Then access to "/proc", you will find them in there.
    Kernel with s2w feature booted up!
    But after a few seconds, the phone restarted. Well, that was a good start!