so I've seen others do this before, and I thought, I should be able to do that too I'm a computer geek by training, but never got very deep in Linux/Android hacking.
Anyways, I made a CWM-flashable zip out of the Odin package for the latest ICS for P7300. (PDA: P7300XXLQ6; CSC: P7300OXALQ6; "OpenAustria")
Odin package: (source sammobile)
download: P7300XXLQ6_P7300OXALQ6_ATO.zip (from hotfile)
I initially flashed the Odin package on my tab, and kept all my userdata, user apps, and even my homescreens. But I came from official, odin-flashed P7310UELPB ICS for USA released 3 months ago (yes, that's wifi-only, but runs fine on P7300); so that may have an influence.
If you are concerned about the integrity of your device, I do recommend you install the Odin package, as it is straight from Samsung, so you can be assured not to suffer from the error injected by anyone else (not that I made any errors, mind you ).
CWM-flashable package: (by direct conversion from the Odin package - no modification, not rooted, nothing added/removed/altered)
- ROM: P7300XXLQ6-ROM.fred-v01.zip (for links, see post #3)
- MODEM: P7300XXLQ6-Modem.zip https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6778724_7163149_619563
How to install
- if coming from stock ICS or HC, I suspect only wipe /cache is needed. From any other ROM (like CM or AOSP) I suspect you need a /data wipe (warning: deletes all your application data; but not your /sdcard)
- flash from any CWM recovery (I tested only 220.127.116.11). Turn OFF signature validation, as these zips are not signed. It took about 3-5 minutes on my tab
- (ps: the updater-script was borrowed from a recent kallt_kaffe ROM, so it's pretty bog-standard Just added a few outputs to show progress)
- the Odin package also includes a newer bootloader. I don't know if it's essential to have that newer bootloader, but I can add it later.
- It may not be necessary to flash the MODEM, but I would recommend keeping the MODEM+ROM combination.
Optional additions & tweaks
- any root package should work. (Update: I recommend either v3.1.3 or 3.2 from the original developer of Superuser: http://androidsu.com/superuser/ )
- if you have rooting problems, first uninstall other root packages, including superuser/superSU updates from Market. There is an "unroot" procedure in the sticky on General forum.
- you can get voice-call mod by flashing these 2 from cwm
* P7300XXLQ6_ENABLE_VOICE_CALL.zip from suwandiapr - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=36
* the I9103 modem - http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1347032493
- if you hate the boot sound, remove/rename the /system/etc/PowerOn.ogg
- fix for system freezes: see FAQ link under "reading"
- fix for wifi: see tracid's thread linked under "reading"
- OCUV kernel: see AAccount's thread for A1 kernel (careful, some versions work only on stock, others work only on cm10/aosp versions. Use e.g. the well-tested 1.7.3; or the much less tested 1.8.3c. Read carefully his posts and know that custom kernel involves experimentation, trial&error and potential instability)
- attached to this post is a flashable zip to easily return to stock XXLQ6 kernel (or you could flash the who ROM again, if you want)
A MUST: my FAQ regarding ICS issues (especially if you are first time upgrading from HoneyComb to ICS)
tracid's thread - he had the first "stock" ICS for P7300 2 months ago (it required a heroic effort to pull the update from an OTA package, that was available on Samsung servers, but not being pushed out by Samsung). As such, his thread (and esp the first post) has lots of useful info for Stock ICS on P7300, gathered over last 2 months.
for inspiration, for sharing, for a couple lines in the updater-scripts, for being great devs, or great modders, or for letting me think I can do this...
and others who posted info that I used to make this
Returning a favor?
PS: I use SugarSync cloud storage for sharing this file - and will keep it there as long as I can. Help me keep the file alive by creating your own SugarSync account with THIS link (we both get 500mb extra - but only if you install the app on computer or smart device): https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=cw2yimm8cchga. I also spend 10 hours of my life making this conversion, most of it in the middle of the night, so that must count for something, right
Alternatively, hit thanks - it gives a warm feeling too