This was the last version of MiFile Explorer by HootanParsa, I've modified it with the ICS/JB theme
I would like to share it with you
(ROOT + CWM 5x IS REQUIERED, INSTALLATION PROCESS)
This is a POWERFULL lightweight file explorer, allows you root access, edit text files, change permissions, FTP Sever connections and many more!
CHANGELOG (by apooonet)
- Optimized loading lists and thumbs
- Fixed Some little bugs
INSTALLATION (.apk file)
1. Donwload the .apk file
2. Copy/move it and paste into /system/app (use your favourite file browser)
3. Long press in the .apk file and set the following permissions:
____________________ | | | |@| VTR_MIFILE.apk | | | | | | R W E | | Owner! x-x-- | | Group x---- | | Others x---- | | | | | | AGREE | CANCEL | |____________________|
and ENJOY IT!
CWM FLASHBLE ZIP INSTALLATION
1. Download the zip file.
2. Boot into recovery.
3. Install from sdcard
4. Flash it
6. Done!, reboot system now
HootanParsa for the original apk
Me by modded .apk and to create the tutorial
TUTORIAL Forget your USB connection to transfer files from your laptop to your Galaxy Ace!
How to transfer files without a USB cable using Mi File Explorer
1. You need to install MiFile Explorer (see above)
2. Open the file browser, click on "share" and set up your FTP connection point, long press to edit the values.
3. Set your own values, IS COMPULSORY TO MAINTAIN THE CORRECT PATH >>> /mnt/sdcard/FOLDERNAMEWHATEVERYOUWANTINYOURSDCARD |Example: /mnt/sdcard/download|
*** You'll be able only to access to the specified folder in the path then in "My network sites", so if you want to access to ALL your sd card folders set by default "/mnt/sdcard"
4. Ready! Start your FTP service (by pressing on the icon / long press and then "start")
It's time to configure the network place in Windows (I'm using Windows XP)
1. Go to "My Network Places"
2. Click on tools, then click "Connect Network Drive ..."
3. Uncheck "Reconnect at logon" (optional) and click on "Subscribe to remote storage or connect to a network server"
4. Follow the connection wizard, entering the FTP server address that Mi File Explorer provided you when you created the FTP point
5. Uncheck "Log in automatically" (optional) and create your own profile (using the same user name you put to create FTP point)
6. Put a name to the folder that will keep the connection between devices and will appear in "My Network Places"
7. ENJOY transferring files via WiFi instead of using an USB cable!!!
WINDOWS XP/VISTA/7/8.x USERS
To make to work MiFileExplorer modded by me or any other version is A PIECE OF CAKE in Windows!
1°. Enable the FTP server
2º. Go to your PC/laptop and open Windows Explorer or any folder (Windows Explorer ISN'T INTERNET EXPLORER)
3º. Put this: "ftp://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxx" in the address bar, as the IP address set by the aplication and press ENTER
4º. ENJOY transferring files via WiFi instead of using an USB cable!!!!