FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][18th Dec][4Noobs] Rooting Xperia Play Below .62

3,533 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,617
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Before we start you must be on a firmware lower than xxx.62 (Settings > About Phone > Build Number).

OK lets begin.

First you will need to download some software.
OK now for the easy bit. :P
  1. Disable your AntiVirus as essentially the way you root this phone is via a virus for android 2.3.4. (anti-virus software will delete it).
  2. Turn on USB debugging on your phone. (Settings > Applications > Development > Usb Debugging)
  3. Install SuperOneClick and run it.
  4. Press root. (make sure the exploit is on Zergrush or auto) After a few minutes superoneclick will popup with a message box saying something along the lines of "success, would you like to check su"
  5. Press "yes" it should then return another message box saying "su access granted" or "phone rooted". At this point your phone is most likely rooted. To confirm it read below.
  6. To confirm if your phone is rooted (even though superoneclick just has) download any app that requires root (Root Explorer, Titanium Backup etc.) then if your rooted it will say superuser access requested
  7. Press yes to allow.
Congrats Your Xperia Play (Pre .62 Firmware) IS NOW ROOTED! thanks to the developers of XDA for the zergrush exploit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fma965 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fma965 Ad-Free
 
 
18th December 2012, 10:45 PM |#2  
chabbe11's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Could be good for those not knowing that .62 fw isn't rootable using the simple methods. Keep up the good work!
18th December 2012, 10:52 PM |#3  
fma965's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,617
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabbe11

Could be good for those not knowing that .62 fw isn't rootable using the simple methods. Keep up the good work!

yh just noticed a screw up in my title as this doesn't work on .62 only on firmwares below .62 , .title fixed now

Had these tutorials for a while on my site but as mentioned, i am going to develop and mess around with my site so links may break
19th December 2012, 08:37 AM |#4  
Lordomn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag somewhere in arkansas
Thanks Meter: 324
 
More
great guide for rooting... but you may also want to specify that it's not intended for r800x 2.3.4.

Sent from my R800x
19th December 2012, 01:18 PM |#5  
fma965's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,617
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordomn

great guide for rooting... but you may also want to specify that it's not intended for r800x 2.3.4.

Sent from my R800x

is it not?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2
19th December 2012, 06:18 PM |#6  
Lordomn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag somewhere in arkansas
Thanks Meter: 324
 
More
not really bro. vzn users have to dg to 2.3.2/3 first ( unless they are unlocked)

Sent from my R800x
19th December 2012, 06:33 PM |#7  
fma965's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,617
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordomn

not really bro. vzn users have to dg to 2.3.2/3 first ( unless they are unlocked)

Sent from my R800x

but they are on higher then .62 firmware if they are on 2.3.4 on verizon any way aren't theY?
19th December 2012, 06:43 PM |#8  
Lordomn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag somewhere in arkansas
Thanks Meter: 324
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fma965

but they are on higher then .62 firmware if they are on 2.3.4 on verizon any way aren't theY?

not sure but I think its .57... its been so longs since I've been on stock...* brings back nightmares*

Sent from my R800x
19th December 2012, 06:44 PM |#9  
fma965's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,617
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordomn

not sure but I think its .57... its been so longs since I've been on stock...* brings back nightmares*

Sent from my R800x

well if some one confirms whether your right or not i will change the thread to match that confirmation

Stock sucks
19th December 2012, 06:51 PM |#10  
Lordomn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag somewhere in arkansas
Thanks Meter: 324
 
More
not trying to get off topic but I had a bad experience when I was trying to upgrade last year & with no PC it was even worse... but its over & done with. "free at last"

Sent from my R800x
19th December 2012, 06:52 PM |#11  
fma965's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,617
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordomn

not trying to get off topic but I had a bad experience when I was trying to upgrade last year & with no PC it was even worse... but its over & done with. "free at last"

Sent from my R800x

well thats why you should always have a PC free and usable
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes