FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][TUTORIAL] GNote II Camera, Gallery, and Group Pose for GS3 Tmo

1,633 posts
Thanks Meter: 716

By imilleson, Senior Member on 19th December 2012, 12:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Guys this is basically me taking this AT&T GS3 thread and converting it to T-Mobile. I flashed and followed the OP of the thread and had FCs. If you already did your own homework on this please don't feel like I am trying to be a know-it-all - just wanted to save some people a little time here using the GS3 T-Mobile.

You need to be rooted obviously

You can download the GNote II camera, gallery, and best group pose HERE but after flashing and installing the group pose, i still had issues. I am running Stock JB

-------------------------------------

Here is what I did:

1. Use a root browser and go into /system/app and rename SecGallery2.apk to SecGallery2.apk.bak and rename SecGallery2.odex to SecGallery2.odex.bak (so you can revert if you want)

2. Flash Camera and Gallery zip from CWM

3. Reboot
[Note] some people have had to flash twice before the GNote II camera installs.

4. Put BestGroupPose.apk in /system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r--
(These permissions ) Attachment 1578546

5. Reboot (at this point everything worked except Best Group Pose, it force closed on me.)

6. In /system/app, click on the BestGroupPose.apk and select install

7. Navigate to /sdcard/DCIM and delete the .thumnails folder, and clear Gallery / Camera data

8. Reboot

-------------------------------------

Done. I know these steps seems superfluous but this is what i did and I am not a developer so don't feel like attempting to shorten the steps. Everything now works for me including video Slow Motion and Best Group Pose

Screenshots:
Click image for larger version

Name:	bgp.jpeg
Views:	3888
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	1578746

Name:	all.jpg
Views:	3647
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1578748

Name:	sm.jpeg
Views:	3460
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	1578749
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imilleson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imilleson Ad-Free
19th December 2012, 01:17 AM |#2  
Flag Largo
Thanks Meter: 1,810

Donate to Me
More
Can I use this on cm-10.1?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
19th December 2012, 02:01 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Im running this but have force close issues when using share shot.

19th December 2012, 02:45 AM |#4  
Flag Largo
Thanks Meter: 1,810

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryXperiment7

Im running this but have force close issues when using share shot.

On a touchwiz ROM?

19th December 2012, 04:37 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Virginia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktetreault14

Can I use this on cm-10.1?

I don't know if it will work on a non-touchwiz ROM. Do a CWM backup and give it a shot? From my experience, the Samsung camera is too integrated into the framework to function properly without Touchwiz

19th December 2012, 12:41 PM |#6  

More
Yea on frosty jb rom

19th December 2012, 05:55 PM |#7  

More
Works for me on Wicked. Thanks man great iob

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Pixa241 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pixa241 Ad-Free
20th December 2012, 12:38 AM |#8  
Flag Wayne
Thanks Meter: 49

More
You should add that you should also backup the existing SamsungCamera.apk as a bak file. It was the only way to have the Note Camera install successfully for me. It couldn't install/overwrite otherwise.

Also clear your Gallery data if after performing the steps the Picasa part of the gallery doesn't load.

Excellent tutorial, and worked like a charm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to knightblaze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knightblaze Ad-Free
20th December 2012, 02:18 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Unhappy Work like a charm ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by imilleson

Guys this is basically me taking this AT&T GS3 thread and converting it to T-Mobile. I flashed and followed the OP of the thread and had FCs. If you already did your own homework on this please don't feel like I am trying to be a know-it-all - just wanted to save some people a little time here using the GS3 T-Mobile.

You need to be rooted obviously

You can download the GNote II camera, gallery, and best group pose HERE but after flashing and installing the group pose, i still had issues. I am running Stock JB

Here is what I did:

1. Use a root browser and go into /system/app and rename SecGallery2.apk to SecGallery2.apk.bak and rename SecGallery2.odex to SecGallery2.odex.bak (so you can revert if you want)
2. Flash Camera and Gallery zip from CWM
3. Reboot
4. Put BestGroupPose.apk in /system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r--
5. Reboot (at this point everything worked except Best Group Pose, it force closed on me.)
6. In /system/app, click on the BestGroupPose.apk and select install
7. Naviaget to /sdcard/DCIM and delete the .thumnails folder
8. Reboot

Done. I know these steps seems superfluous but this is what i did and I am not a developer so don't feel like attempting to shorten the steps. Everything now works for me including Slow Motion and Best Group Pose

imilleson, great find and thought ...Well everything worked and is working !! step by step.. even Best group pose..But for me there something wrong ?? Temperature is HOT .. screening is hot , battery getting hot.. I am not sure why but something is wrong, I am going to restore back.. ( Yes always do a CWM backup before changing up things.).
I will play with it and see what up.. anyone having this issue?
20th December 2012, 03:27 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Virginia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightblaze

You should add that you should also backup the existing SamsungCamera.apk as a bak file. It was the only way to have the Note Camera install successfully for me. It couldn't install/overwrite otherwise.

Also clear your Gallery data if after performing the steps the Picasa part of the gallery doesn't load.

Excellent tutorial, and worked like a charm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The SamsungCamera.apk is the GNote II's camera , the SecGallery2.apk is both gallery and camera for stock GS3 I believe. Thanks for the tip about clearing cache on gallery

20th December 2012, 03:30 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Virginia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qverse

imilleson, great find and thought ...Well everything worked and is working !! step by step.. even Best group pose..But for me there something wrong ?? Temperature is HOT .. screening is hot , battery getting hot.. I am not sure why but something is wrong, I am going to restore back.. ( Yes always do a CWM backup before changing up things.).
I will play with it and see what up.. anyone having this issue?

That's weird mine works like a charm and is not hot. Did you clear gallery data? Any clocking mods ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best group pose, galaxy note ii camera, galaxy note ii gallery, galaxy note ii gallery gs3 t-mobile

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)