FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Covering the Magenta?

261 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By jakfish, Senior Member on 19th December 2012, 06:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I think the Sidekick 4G is great, but I do wish the entire casing was black. Was there any workaround for that? Perhaps a black decal that could cover the magenta back of the screen?

I thought of a Sharpie, but then thought that the coloring would be uneven. I don't want to paint it because that could flake.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Jake

19th December 2012, 03:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I thought the same thing. The black one is all black except for the silver behind the screen, but the Pearl Magenta version you and I have...well, maybe you could send it to the folks at Colorware? Just a thought.
20th December 2012, 07:09 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Interesting idea; I had never heard of them. Looks expensive, though. Hard to believe that some clever person hasn't come up with some sort of decal to sell on ebay

Jake
1st June 2013, 05:07 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
No Sharpie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakfish

I think the Sidekick 4G is great, but I do wish the entire casing was black. Was there any workaround for that? Perhaps a black decal that could cover the magenta back of the screen?

I thought of a Sharpie, but then thought that the coloring would be uneven. I don't want to paint it because that could flake.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Jake

Good call, Don't use sharpie, it didn't work, trust me. There are dozens of little nooks and crannies that are hard to get and the Neon Pink stands out in everywhere.

Should have go back and fix it with Automotive touch-up paint, little bottle with a tiny brush with automotive quality paint. If I ever get around to it, I'll hope it works out better.
1st June 2013, 10:39 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
That would be the best choice, an automative-quality paint. But that might scratch or even flake, no? Hate to see any chips fall into the phone's guts.

Jake
2nd June 2013, 04:19 AM |#6  
Flag Hesperia
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Get a plastic paint should stick really good (used it for my xbox controller which is used roughly an a lot)
Should come as a spray paint kinda
Their are a lot of differnet ways to paint it or you can have a custom back made? May cost some money but you can make it look pretty awesome
Clear/ clear color

Sent from my SGH-T839 using xda app-developers app
2nd June 2013, 12:00 PM |#7  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I am glad I got the black with white inside.

A good plastic paint woild work the best. My next choice would be model/hobby paint. They often bond well to plastics.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)