[MODS][4.1.1]T889UVALK8 | MultiWindow Control | Reboot Options | Deodexed Only

Search This thread

cmenard

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Atlanta
These are all untested mods. I'm not currently running this 4.1.1 firmware so make a nandroid and flash at your own risk.

These mods have all been built from the latest factory firmware version T889UVALK8.

Downloads
MultiWindow Control * updated MWControl.apk *
MultiWindowMod-Deodexed-UVALK8.zip
MD5: 8d4beae03fdeb8f93b2aa9080e9bba20

4 way Reboot Options
Reboot-Options-Deodexed-UVALK8.zip
MD5: c4411ab124a2961d48b8e1963ba8dc40

Instructions
Reboot into TWRP/CWM recovery
Make a nandroid backup in recovery
Flash zip file
Reboot

MultiWindow Control V2
This is really cool and LegendK95 deserves all the credit. His app allows you to use almost any app in MultiWindow and add/remove the Samsung apps. I just smali hacked the framework for it to work on this version. Check his thread out here for all the details and his donation information.

Last edited:

jpeps3

Apr 5, 2011
Are you going to build a rom. For UVALK8 ota

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
4 in 1 works perfectly... & Unlimited Multi Window Control too... Tested already... But the 4in 1 is missing one option... The enable/disable data... Tested another 4in 1 I have and doesn't work... Anyone can make it with the data option...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

erickdj

Aug 2, 2010
anyone tried the option to swap the window positions for multiwindow? mine crashes without swapping the window positions.

TEKHD

I'm wondering if it's broken as a result of the extra apps mod, the dirty flash over the factory stock rom, or if that's just the way it came from T-Mobile.

I have a few nandroids (step nandroids)... will tell you in a moment...

here... REVERT FLASH FILES...

remember to remove MWControl.apk under system/app/ (in root)

will test now... posting files so you guys can test too...

EDIT: 4 in 1 is not causing any issues...

-> Found it... The MultiWindowMod is the one CAUSING the issue... <-

Reverted and perfect again...

Attachments

• REVERT-Reboot-Options-Deodexed-UVALK8.zip
    496 KB · Views: 13
  • REVERT-MultiWindowMod-Deodexed-UVALK8.zip
    2 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

TheMach

Mar 28, 2008
South Carolina
When I install the MultiWindow mod, setup my split view and try to rotate my phone to landscape view, I get a flashbarservice error. Sound like others are getting a similar error? I had to restore a backup to get rid of the issue.

Forgot to add I'm on stock deodexed.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

erickdj

Aug 2, 2010

Ok, thanks for checking this for us. I'm a bit confused though, the "revert" files you posted are for removing the multiwindowmod altogether right? No more "all apps" for multiwindow? I"m wondering if the OP can figure out what the problem is. I never tried a non-tmobile ROM, so I got no idea if the other roms had the same issue with the "all apps" mod.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

When I install the MultiWindow mod, setup my split view and try to rotate my phone to landscape view, I get a flashbarservice error. Sound like others are getting a similar error? I had to restore a backup to get rid of the issue.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Good catch, I get that error too if I rotate the phone while using multiview.

TEKHD

Ok, thanks for checking this for us. I'm a bit confused though, the "revert" files you posted are for removing the multiwindowmod altogether right? No more "all apps" for multiwindow? I"m wondering if the OP can figure out what the problem is. I never tried a non-tmobile ROM, so I got no idea if the other roms had the same issue with the "all apps" mod.

Revert flash files just re-install stock files from the new rom... no... issue is only with this rom...

So... we don't have unlimited multi window mod working for now... back to square 1

Reactions: AngryDinosaur

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These are all untested mods. I'm not currently running this 4.1.1 firmware so make a nandroid and flash at your own risk.

These mods have all been built from the latest factory firmware version T889UVALK8.

Downloads
    MultiWindow Control * updated MWControl.apk *
    MultiWindowMod-Deodexed-UVALK8.zip
    MD5: 8d4beae03fdeb8f93b2aa9080e9bba20

4 way Reboot Options
    Reboot-Options-Deodexed-UVALK8.zip
    MD5: c4411ab124a2961d48b8e1963ba8dc40

Instructions
    Reboot into TWRP/CWM recovery
    Make a nandroid backup in recovery
    Flash zip file
    Reboot

MultiWindow Control V2
    This is really cool and LegendK95 deserves all the credit. His app allows you to use almost any app in MultiWindow and add/remove the Samsung apps. I just smali hacked the framework for it to work on this version. Check his thread out here for all the details and his donation information.
    I'm wondering if it's broken as a result of the extra apps mod, the dirty flash over the factory stock rom, or if that's just the way it came from T-Mobile.

I'll take a do over when I get back in town...

@ cmenard... or anyone with knowledge...

Is it possible to convert the current android.policy.jar with the one with data option...

See Pics... (the first pic is the one working with T889UVALK8 and the next one is the requested one) Also, the android.policy1.jar attached is the one with the data option and the android.policy.jar is the one posted here...
    I'll take a do over when I get back in town...